The Shattering

// This is a part 2 to The Freedom Gems so please read that first. Also, I think Deltarune's Legend will fit into this story.  //

Shadow never felt so ... alive, different, and a whole new person. Sonic and Shadow had fused, and everyone clapped and cheered for them, happy they had fused. The fusion smiled as Sonic and Shadow felt ... content and just wanted to stay like this forever. The fusion hugged itself before looking at all the gems before him. His expression was confused, yet scared at the many gems that started to surround him. 

" Freedom Gems, please give me space! "

Everyone backed up but Knuckles, who gave soft expression. He was fusion himself, he was going to help this fusion calm down. Knuckles walked forward and patted the fusion's shoulder. 

" Hey, it's okay. I know it's frightening, but you are made up of really great people. So, take deep breathes and relax, no need to be scared, Shadic. "

Shadic looked at Knuckles with a confused look. 

" Shadic? "

" Yeah, a combination of Shadow and Sonic, the gems that make you, well, you! " 

Knuckles exclaimed. He crossed his arms and looked at the now smiling fusion. 

" Shadic ... I like it! Alright! "

Everyone smiled seeing Shadic happy. For a few months, Shadic had helped out with the Freedom fighters, and when necessary, Sonic and Shadow would unfused and do what they need to do. But it was hard for them to stay unfused for long, they needed each other. And so, when they were done, Sonic and Shadow would find each other, run at the other, and then Shadow would pick Sonic up, both being happy as they fuse. No one really mind it, they all found it adorable on how inseparable they were.

Shadic was a great fusion, a mixture between Sonic's awesome personality and Shadow's protectiveness. Everyone in the Freedom Gems loved him. One day, it was just a normal day where Shadow and Sonic happened to be unfused from each other because they needed to work on different things that day. Shadow, Knuckles, and Rouge pretended to be for the Diamonds to get more information on them. As Shadow was walking with his comrades down to Yellow Diamond's court, he couldn't help to feel like something bad was about to happen. 

Something bad that was about to happen to Sonic, of course to just clear things. Shadow kept looking behind him and looked very nervous. Rouge and Knuckles both took notice of Shadow's weird behavior and looked at each other, worried about him. Rouge was the first to speak up. 

" Shadow, hun, what's wrong? You seem to be distracted by something. "

Shadow looked nervously at Rouge. 

" I need to get back to Sonic, now! I feel like something bad has happened and I need to see if he is okay. "

Knuckles immediately started to run back, Rouge was confused as she ran back as well with Shadow. 

" Knuckles, why do you believe Shadow?? "

" When you are a full-time fusion like Shadow or me, and you have been away from your significant other that is getting hurt, you get this bad feeling. Sonic and the Freedom Gems may be in danger! " 

Rouge was shocked but looked back on the now extremely worried Shadow, who a couple of weeks ago, all you would see on his face was that same expressionless look or scowl upon his face. Rouge was worried about her Amy, and what if ... no, Amy can't be shattered. She looks at Knuckles, who was worried about his little Citrine fox. Shadow rushed past the fusion and moonstone as he cried out. 

They looked where he was looking, and what they saw scared them. The secret door that led to the Freedom Gems hideout was broken down by a Jasper or Topaz, no doubt. They rush inside seeing the mess that was once their base. Knuckles quickly looked for his fox bud, and for Silver and Blaze too. Rouge looked for Amy as Shadow looked up and down for his significant other. He saw blue glint out the corner of his eye and was about to cry Sonic's name out of happiness until that hope was all shattered. What laid there were shattered pieces of the once loved Tanzanite that the Black Opal came to love. 

 " SOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Shadow let out the broken scream of hurt, of agony. A scream for all of Homeworld to hear. Rouge came over, tears falling down her face as she held a bubbled gem of a Rose Quartz that was cracked and Knuckles came over with a bubbled Iolite that was clearly corrupted and held a normal looking Citrine and Paraiba Tourmaline. There, on the floor, on his knees and hunched over was a softly crying Black Opal. They saw the pieces and instantly knew what happened. Rouge cried along with Shadow as Knuckles tried to comfort the brokenhearted Moonstone and Black Opal.

" That's it, we're leaving this-, " 

Shadow wipes his incoming tears and sniffles. He never acted like this since the day he lost his Yellow Pearl, Yellow Diamond's first Pearl, his sweet angel who called herself Maria. 

" this hellhole. "

Rouge looked at Shadow as he got up and bubbled the now gone Sonic.

" Well, I think I know a place. " 

Shadow and Rouge looked at Knuckles with questions in their eyes.

" It's called Earth, where Pink Diamond's colony is, but if we stay out of sight, then we can survive. "

They nodded, as they left the base they once called home for the very last time. Shadow never looked up once, he knew where they were going. He looked at his broken pieces of Sonic, never ever thinking that today, he would lose him to the Diamond's grip. They took an escape pod and had left Homeworld, the very place they were made. Not long after, Tails and Silver had formed, and they were able to ask questions.

" Huns, what happened when we went to retrieve information from the Yellow Diamond? "

Tails shook a bit, tears falling down as Silver stayed quiet. They never did answer that question. What was left of the Freedom Gems had finally gotten to Earth and lived there for years to come. For thousands of years, no one had ever discovered where they hid and if they were even alive. But that was good for them, they didn't want anyone to find out their existence. The last living Relics of the first Rebellion of Homeworld and of Mobian Gems were kept in secrecy. Some had lived a happy ending, others, not so much. Not all endings are great, but that is life. It is not always fair, and for Shadow, it was definitely not fair at all.

// 1) ACK! My heart 2) Imma make a crossover story on this and no one will fight me. I am Author, I can do whatever I please.