The Hedgehog with the Clockwork Heart

// Yes...I did just kinda take inspiration from the image...I can do that. I'm going to make this all Steampunky though, I hope some of you guys like Steampunk...I do. //

Once, there was a hedgehog. A hedgehog who secretly loved to play the piano. But this was no ordinary hedgehog, nor did the world he live in was ordinary by our standards. The world he live in was all clockwork and steam. The hedgehog's name was Sonic...

And his heart was all clockwork.

Sometimes, he needed to power his heart, and so his fox friend, Tails, built him a piano that was steam powered and could connect to his heart. The hedgehog decided to just live on his piano, and that's what he did. Rarely did he get off his piano, but that was because his heaet became so use to it, he would die in less of an hour if was away from his piano.

Tails, his now adopted brother, would have to bring his friends over just so Sonic can make friends. He would have to bring food over to his piano and mute the piano by making less steam come out of it so they can hang out together. Sonic, in his entirety of his life has never been outside.

Today was the hedgehog's 26th birthday. Tails planned to make it special. He invited the people that Sonic and him already knew like Amy, Cream, Knuckles, Big the cat, and the Chaotix. The young fox had also invited new people that Sonic didn't know yet like Shadow, Rouge, Silver, Blaze, and Mephliles.

He was skeptical on Shadow though. He didn't know if the ebony hedgehog would just straight up kill Sonic for his cocky attitude, or laugh at the fact in order for Sonic to live, he would have to constantly play a piano. He was scared for Sonic's well being but he shrugged it off for now as he decorated the house.

He made Sonic's favorite breakfast and then proceeded to wake the hedgehog up. He saw Sonic, face into the keys, drooling and snoring loudly. The young fox giggled as he pressed one of the lower keys that made a loud noise, close to the ones you would hear on trains.

Sonic jolted up once he felt his heart pound and the loud noise being played as he just glares at the laughing fox.

" Well, good morning to you to, Tails. "

He said in a irratated voice as the fox soon went from laughing to snickering.

" Sorry Sonic, oh, also, Happy birthday! "

Tails puts the special breakfast on the piano as Sonic started playing the Happy Birthday tune while eating. His tail wagged happily as his eyes gave a thank you to the fox. Tails only chuckled at the childish act.

Later, guest started arriving. The first people to come were Amy, Blaze, and Silver. Sonic played a soft tune his mother use to sing to him.

" Hi Sonikku~! How's the birthday hedgie~? "

Amy asked, giving a kiss on his cheek as Sonic frowns as hits the lowest key, scaring the poor girl.

" I thought I said no kisses, you know how much I don't like kisses on the cheeks. "

Amy apolagize as Blaze and Silver introduced themselves. Silver and Sonic gotten along pretty well. The next people to come were the Chaotix and Cream, Sonic said hi to all of them and let Cream play on his piano. Charmy, Amy, and Blaze all awed at the sight.

Then Big came and Cream went over and played with Big. Tails sighed, only three people didn't come. He knew this was bound to happened but it didn't matter, Sonic was having fun with the rest of their friends. Suddenly, the door opened. Sonic played dramatic music as Shadow, Mephliles and Rouge walked in.

Shadow looked at Tails with a glare.

" Why were we invited? "

Tails scratches behind his head before Sonic presses his lowest key, grabbing the ebony's attention.

" He invited you to Birthday party, if you don't like it, leave. "

Everyone was silent. Rouge chuckles nervously as Mephliles walks in, not really caring about the party and goes over to Silver. Shadow just glares at Sonic, who constantly keeps playing keys.

" Will you stop that!? "

Shadow growled. Sonic looks away and stops. Tails with wide eyes soon rushes over to Sonic and plays a key.

" Are you crazy Sonic!? You want to die on your 26th birthday!? "

" It'll be fine, I was just going not play for a minute, you know that only happens if I don't play for 3o minutes. "

Shadow stood there, shocked. Rouge looks at Amy, who only looked away before speaking.

" Sonic has a clockwork heart that needs to be constantly powered by his piano. "

Shadow soon felt something he only felt once: guilty. Why was he guilty? This was only one pathetic hedgehog who can't even keep a real heart. As the two agrued, Rouge walked over to the ebony hedgehog.

" Good job, hun. You made the birthday boy almost kill himself. "

Soon, the party was over. Amy, Silver, and Shadow were the only one's who stayed. Amy, Silver, and Tails cleaned up the place. Shadow walked towards the azure hedgehog who was playing a soft tune. He tapped his shoulder making the azure hedgehog stare at him with a hateful glare.

" What do you want? Do you want me to stop playing? "

Shadow softly shook his head, making Sonic confused. The ebony hedgehog sighed, grab a chair, and sat down by the azure hedgehog.

" I'm sorry for my behavior earlier, I didn't know you needed to play in order to survive. "

Sonic was confused on why he was being nice to him, until realization hit him.

" You lost someone close, didn't you? "

The ebony hedgehog looked up in shocked while Sonic smiled.

" It's okay, I won't tell, besides, I was being an asshole myself earlier. Let's start over, I'm Sonic, what's your name? "

He holds a hand out for Shadow to shake, who gladly accepted.

" My name is Sonic, Hedgehog with the clockwork heart. "

// Mmm, here's some fluff, sorry if it's rushed, I have something important tomorrow so I gotta go to sleep early.

-Mod

Published: August 29th, 2018

Edited: January 17, 2019