The Fusion

// I personally like the fanart of the fusion of these two. It's awesome. I just needed to make this a thing. Also, huge Steven Universe nerd so, might make a Sonadow Su Au later on. //

Fusion. Something you would only hear in cartoons like Steven Universe or Dragon ball. But on Mobius, it does exist, but it's rare. Fusion was a bond between two mobians who were deeply in love with each other, that they never wanted to leave each other's side.

Today, people who are usually born with the ability to fuse are usually shunned. Fusion was disgusting, hideous, and monsterous. Lately in recent years, people born with fusion ability had decrease so much, they're almost extinct.

Now, our true blue hero, Sonic the hedgehog was born with the  fusion ability. Although he never told it to anybody, he wanted to use it when he find a specific someone to fuse with. Sonic did find the one he was looking to fuse with, but was afraid to tell him.

His crush, and his possible fusion buddy, was Shadow. Yes, this was the same Shadow who rivals against Sonic. Sonic couldn't help falling for him, he was hot, sexy, and had nice muscles. He also went through so much that Sonic just wanted to hug Shadow and tell him that everything was okay, that Maria is in a better place now.

Sonic sighed as he watch Shadow, Rouge, and Tails talk. He was bored, and wanted to listen to what they were talking about but Shadow wouldn't let him. He sat down and put on some Futurama™. Sonic dozed off and sooner then later, he was in dreamland.

In Sonic's dream

Sonic stood there and watch. It was Shadow, but he looked kinda like him? Maybe Shadonic? Soon, Shadonic turns towards Sonic and smiled. He walked up towards Sonic and booped his nose.

" Hey, I'm Shadow's and your's fusion. "

Sonic blinked. How was his fusion talking to him?? Was this normal??

" Absolutely, and yes, I read your thoughts. You see, i'm the Sonic side of the fusion. "

That made sense. It wouldn't make sense if he talked to Shadow's side. He smiled and held at his hand for a shake. Shadonic gadly took it and shook it. This was the best dream ever.

" Dream? Sonic, this is your mind, you maybe talking to me through your mind in your dreams. How interesting. Anyways, you gotta go, bye. "

" What!? "

Before Sonic could comprehend what happened, his eyes shot opened.

End of Sonic's dream

Sonic stared at the wall. What the hell did he have in his chili dog? That was some weird shit. He heard the front door open to see Shadow and Tails come in. Tails smiled and waved at Sonic.

" Hey Sonic, is it okay if Shadow stays for a few days? "

" Yeah, sure buddy. "

Sonic was still thinking about his dream where he met the him side of the fusion of him and Shadow. He smiled at the thought. It was amazing yet crazy and unbelievable. He then looked at Shadow and smiles, waving at him. Shadow just walks over and sits to the far left on the couch. Sonic sighs.

" So, Shadz, what happed? "

" Don't call me Shadz and it's non of your business. "

Sonic frowned, Shadow was always secluding himself from everybody. He shouldn't be surprised though nor sad, I guess the thought of Shadow and him fusing is what's making him sad.

" Sonic? Can you come in my lab real quick? I need to talk to you about something important. "

" Alright bud. "

He responded to Tails. He got up from the couch, Shadow grabbed his wrist. Sonic stumbled a bit but was a bit shocked. Shadow only stared straight into his eyes.

" What is fusion, faker? "

Sonic's heart must of stopped. Why was he asking this? Is it because he spoke to the Shadow side of Shadonic? He left his thoughts to wandered as he lied. He shook his head no before leaving. Tails shut the door to the lab. The young fox then looked at blue hedgehog in front of him.

" Sonic, I know you can fuse with people. "

" Yeah, cause I told you a few years back. What's the importance of that? "

Tails went to his computer ans started typing something.

" Do you feel anything...special with Shadow? Have you met this Shadonic person in your dreams? "

Sonic spitted out a cup of water he got himself a second ago. So Shadow did meet Shadonic, er, part of him. Sonic looked at Tails.

" But...Shadow is made, like MADE, not born. Did Gerald put something in to make him be able to fuse. "

Tails was about to speak when Shadow suddenly slammed the door opened.

" Dr. Eggman is attacking Station Square! "

Sonic and Tails looked at each other and nodded. Soon, all three of them were heading towards to Station Square. Shadow had serious face, Sonic just smirked, and Tails looked worried. Why wouldn't he be? If Sonic and Shadow fused during the fight, they'll be hated forever. Wait, Shadow would be more hated. They arrived as Eggman did an evil speech before the hedgies started attacking.

Sonic was pretty worn down while Shadow kept fighting, even with wounds on him. At the same time, a voice in their head yelled.

" Fuse! "

Sonic looked at Shadow and vice versa. They took each other's hands and glowed as both their forms became one. Once the light faded away. A hedgehog who was a very dark blue fur, purple strips, purple eyes, peach chest fur, purple running shoes like sonic but still had inhibitor rings smirked at Eggman. Everyone was shocked as the fusion only said.

" Hey Egghead, I'm Shadonic, and I'm going to take you down! "

Soon, Shadonic defeat Eggman. He gave a frown with a glare. Rouge was the first to walked up to him.

" Wow, handsome, blue, I didn't know you two could fuse. "

Shadonic smirked.

" Well I did, and ya'know fusion represents? It represents...represents... "

They unfused as Sonic covered his face, blushing hard. Rouge chuckled as Shadow looked confused.

" What does it mean? "

" Well, handsome, it means- "

Tails interrupted Rouge.

" The bonding of two lovers. "

...

" WHAT!? "

// Tried to make a comedic ending, oh well, hoped you enjoyed.

-Mod