A Fishy Secret

Once in a lake many years ago, lived a peaceful civilization of the very last mermobians and mermaids. In the kingdom of the mermobians, three heirs to the throne were born, all being merhogs. They were triplets, and all were adored throughout the kingdom. 

The first to be born first, minutes before her sibling was a little princess, whose fur was a beautiful magenta. Her eyes were a baby blue and her hair a beautiful light pastel pink that matched her tail as her fins were a greyish blue. 

The second who came 1 minute after his sister was a green hedgehog with spiky hair. His eyes were a hazelnut brown as his tail was a nice green that matched his fur while the fins on it were a nice cyan color. 

Lastly was the youngest, coming after his siblings 2 minutes later, was an azure hedgehog. The hedghehog's eyes were a wonderful emerald green that sparkled with life. His fur was a beautiful azure color along with his tail, whose fins were a nice violet color. 

The Queen felt happy, and amazed by her beautiful triplets while the King, on the other hand, did not like his children especially his youngest son. The King wanted to get rid of his children, and so he devised a plan, an evil plan. He was going to kill all the children, and throw their bodies on the beach of the surface. What the king didn't know was that one of the servents, a merjackel, heard everything he had said aloud. The merjackel quickly hurried himself to the queen, where he then explained what her beloved husband was going to do.

The Queen gasped, not knowing such horrible feelings that the king felt towards their own children. So, she quickly came up with something, a plan that would not fail one little bit. She would let her servant, Zero, take her children to the surface and she would make dummies similar to her children. Zero would than give all three away to different people, making sure they don't know each other for their own safety. She thought this plan would work, so when evening came, Zero carefully took the three royal babies and swam away quickly out the window. 

The Queen came in and, using her magic, made the dummies of the babies. Zero climbed out of the water, coughing as he held the babies close to the chest as their tails disappear. The jackel huffed and held the princes and princess close to him as he ran, stumbling a bit here and there. Huffing from Zero and the whimpers from the green and magenta hedgehog  were the only thing audable. The merjackel was actually quite surprised when the youngest of the three was quiet and no such sound.

The azure baby only breath quietly, sleeping calmly as the servent that held him ran. Once the jackel gave the oldest and middle child to a loving family, he couldn't find one for the youngest. So, with a sad sigh, the jackel set the child down in a neat pile of grass he made and kissed the baby on the forehead.

" I promise to come back for you, my Prince, and shall you be a wonderful king. "

And with that, the child was left there, who started to whimper and cry for the warmth that left him.

Present Day: Station Square, 2:34 P.M 

Sonic was hanging out with his little brother, Tails, and his friends Amy, Knuckles, and Shadow (of course, he considered Shadow a friend). Everyone was having a grand old time until Amy mentioned something that made Sonic get a chill up his spine. Amy decided to pipe up, since she thought it would be a great idea to express.

" Why don't we all go to the beach! "

" No! "

The blue hedgehog yells, a bit in a frightened way. The pink hedgehog soon remembered that the one she, oh so dearly loves, was afraid of water. Shadow raised an eyebrow at Sonic's behavior before Knuckles leaned in and whispered to Shadow that Sonic was afraid of water. This made the ebony hedgehog snort under his breath at how hilarious that his rival, his faker, the hero of Mobius was afraid of water.

" Oh, sorry Sonic, but you don't have to swim, you can stay on the sand if you like? "

Amy smiled, making Sonic sigh in relief. He didn't want to look like a liar and a freak in front of his friends, I mean, how many people know that mermobians and mermaids/men exist? Not very many, and usually when peoplem do believe in them, they are children. Everyone left to their house, leaving Sonic to his own devices. Sonic shrugged and decided to go there early and take a short swin, after all, what's going to happen? 

He gets to the beach in a minute, putting down his cellphone, Sonic runs towards the water. It has been awhile since Sonic swam, so he jump in excitedly making a loud splash. The blue merhog giggles childishly as his legs grew brightly, turning into a beautiful azure tail with purple fins. He swims around, splashing around with his tail and having a good time. What the blue merhog didn't know was that Shadow would arrive early.

The ebony hedgehog puts his stuff down on the sand, and with a loud plop is when the merhog realized someone else was at the beach. He stopped swimming and poked his head out of the water quietly, seeing Shadow. Sonic brings his head back into the water, a bit scared now that he can't get out of the water since there wasn't any rocks to hide behind while drying his tail. Shadow notices Sonic's phone as he looks around, confused on why Sonic would leave his phone at the beach. 

" What am I going to do? I'm stuff under here and when the others get here, they'll notice something under the water and then they'll see me! "

Sonic panicked, he didn't know what to do. He hesitates if he should show Shadow, his rival, his friend, his... crush. Sonic sighed, first, when Infinite was the bad guy and he was captured and prisoned for 6 months, he told Sonic that he was the Prince of the mermobians and nos this!! But... He needs to tell Shadow, otherwise every one of his friends might find out.

Sonic inhaler through his gills and exhale before swimming towards the shore. He gets there, hiding his tail as Shadow sun bathe. Sonic noticed that his phone wasn't in the same spot but now closer to Shadow, making him smile softly. The ebony hedgehog felt someone staring at him, so, he took his glasses off, about to yell at what he thought was Rouge.

" Rouge, I wear to God, women, you better not- "

" Uh, Shadz, I ain't Rouge. "

The ebony hedgehog blinks before seeing Sonic IN the water. This got an eyebrow raise from him as the blue merhog sighs.

" I know, I told everyone I hate water but that's a lie. "

" Why the fuck lie about liking to swim?! "

Shadow was utterly confused beyond he'll. Sonic the fucking hedgehog did not have to lie about the fact that he likes to swim in water. Sonic shakes his head, before looking at Shadow with a serious look, making the ebony himself question if Sonic was okay.

" Shadow, the reason why I don't go in water around you guys is because of this... "

Sonic raises his tail, showing Shadow his fish tail. He sees Shadow's face become from angrily confused to shocked. The ebony hedgehog got up and touched it before looking at Sonic, giving him the ' Is this real? ' face. Sonic nodded, he close his eyes and waited for Shadow to do something bad but... It never came, instead, he heard the ebony one muttering.

" It's... Beautiful... "

Sonic blushes, looking away coyly as he stares at the ground.

" You really think so? "

" Yeah... "

Sonic was completely and utterly shocked! Shadow was complimenting him and was actually nice to him for once. He pulls it back as he pulls himself completely out of the water. Shadow furrowed his eyes.

" Wait, why are you not going into the water. "

" Cuz, Shadz, I don't want the others to see me like this. I'm not ready to tell them I'm a Prince of the mermobians. "

Sonic swore he saw Shadow blushing a not before reaching behind him and grabbing a towel. He takes it and rubs it against Sonic's tail so it would dry faster. Sonic lightly blushed at the action. Once Shadow was done, he put the towel away and watch Sonic's tail turn into legs again.

" Tell no one, okay Shadz? "

" Let's make a deal: Date me and I promise I won't tell. "

Sonic's face was soon redder than Knuckles' fur as Shadow chuckled. Sonic eventually agreed and so both sun bathed as the rest of the friends pile onto the beach and have fun in the sun. At least Sonic's fishy secret was kept hidden away now...