Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome

// A N G S T

Sonic wasn't running as much as he use to anymore. It worried Tails, a lot, and he always noticed that Sonic had a quite a harder time standing up properly too. He was spotted multiple times falling over or walking as slowly as he could. It worried Tails but when he confronted Sonic, he just shrugged it off saying he was having a bad day. So, the fox called Amy, Silver, and Shadow over while Sonic wasn't home to see if they knew something.

He paced back and forward worriedly, he didn't want Sonic to be in the condition he's in. How could he help if Sonic didn't want it though? There was a knock on the door as the fox quickly rushes over and opens it, letting the three in. Sighing, he told them to sit on the couch as he prepared his speech.

" There's something going on with Sonic, "

He started, gulping as he starts to get fidgety.

" and I don't know much about hedgehog anatomy. "

The three look at each other before Amy piped up.

" Go on. "

Tails adverted his eyes.

" Well, Sonic isn't running anymore, and he seems to be clumsy and falling over quite a lot lately. I know it isn't normal, but I never quite seen something like that to make a proper theory. "

Silver scratches his head.

" Um, I'm not sure to be honest, "

He contorts his face, trying to think. Shadow shrugged, as Tails sighed. All hope was lost before Amy spoke.

" I... I know what it is... my mother died from it. "

Everyone stared at her, Tails and Silver with surprised and shocked faces as Shadow only raised his eye ridge.

" If what you described is true... "

She starts to shake, trying to hold back tears.

" Then there's no way in helping him, because it's a neurological disease, and it happens in hedgehogs. It's... quite common for us to be... born with it, and it's called Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. "

She rubs her arm.

" It's... when a hedgehog has a harder time to walk, because the disease is really starting to kick up. There's going to be a day soon where Sonic won't be able to move at all before he dies. "

Amy sniffles before sobbing.

" I hope- "

She hiccups.

" that's not the case. "

She shakes and sobs, covering her face as Tails looks blankly at the floorboards. Silver panics before calming himself, but then panicking as he pulls on his forehead quills. Shadow gets up, making a ' tch ' sound.

" Couldn't we just use the Chaos Emeralds to bring him back from the dead. "

Tails glares at him.

" If you were LISTENING she said it was neurological disease. He'll just come back the same! We'll have to witness him die all over again, you... you... you IDIOT! "

Everything seemed to stop, Amy's sobbing, Silver's panicking, and Shadow's growing rage as the front door opens. There stood a Sonic, clinging onto the door handle as his legs shake. He heard everything through the door, and he didn't want things to escalate any further. He cracks a smile, trying to lighten the mood.

" Hey, oh, you invite Shadow, Silver, and Amy over. Haha, you didn't call me at all but that's fine, I like guest. "

Well, that came out quite awkwardly but he tries to walk over to them.