Hanahaki disease

// Art is mine, also, I don't know why in my depressing fanfics I tend to make Sonic suffer. I guess I like it in some weird way???

oh well, enjoy the story.

Steady breathes and coughs was the only thing you could hear. Flower petals slowly made their way to the ground, along with tears. A blue hedgehog looks at the beautiful wedding of a certain ebony and silver hedgehog. He started to choke as more and more flowers started to grow and come out his mouth.

The wind slowly dies down as sudden thud could be heard. The azure hedgehog lied on the ground, his mouth covered in flowers. This was the day when Silver and Shadow got married ... and a broken-hearted Sonic died from a disease he knew how to cure, but was too afraid. This was the day Sonic's Hanahaki disease got to him and ate him up.

A few weeks earlier

Sonic was shy and confused when it came to love, romantic love, that is. He was always too busy with saving the world from Dr. Eggman or some other bad guy. It was why Sonic felt uncomfortable with Amy's love and affection. He loved Amy as a sister or friend, but he just didn't know how to use romantic love. Yeah, he did date Sally Acorn when he was younger but that was when he was younger, and he did it as a joke. 

When Sonic first met Shadow, his rival, he felt a spark within his heart. Over the years, it grew over the years, and when the azure hedgehog told his sidekick, Tails the two-tailed fox, he found out he was in love. Tails explained as Sonic got a bit nervous. Sonic decided to not be like Amy and just left Shadow alone most of the time. If Shadow wanted to hang out with him, then sure. 

Sonic then started to get it ... the Hanahaki disease. At first, it was just chest pain and fit of coughs that Sonic started getting. Then, he started to cough up the flower petals, which concerned Tails. The young fox walked over to his laptop and looked up Sonic's symptoms. He gasped, covering his mouth as he looked over to the poor hedgehog.

" Sonic, ... do you know who, " 

Tails hesitated. 

" ... Shadow likes?  "

The azure hedgehog looked at his fox friend in confusion and shook his head no. Tails sighed, how was he going to tell Sonic how Shadow may not like him back. When he did, Sonic started to cry on the poor, young fox's shoulder. But then, an idea popped into his head.

" Why don't we invite everyone, including Shadow, over and maybe he'll realize his mistake? "

He proposed to Sonic. He only smiled until rushing to the bathroom, shutting the door as violent coughs can be heard. Tails smiled at himself, he may be able to save his friend from possible heartache, pain and ... 

Tails shudder at the thought:

Death. 

The Fox called everyone over to have a big sleepover at their house as he kept flinching at the sobs and vomiting noises coming from their bathroom. Sometime later, everyone had shown up. There was Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Tikal, Silver, Blaze, Cream, Manic, Sonia, even Aleena, and then Shadow. He saw how ... affectionate Shadow and Silver were being with each other. He goes up to Blaze and Rouge for answers.

" Hey Rouge and Blaze, what's with Silver and Shadow? "

Rouge and Blaze looked at each other and then looked at Tails again. Blaze then proceeded to speak.