The Autumn leaves fall

// Have some wonderful Elvis Prestly song to play while reading. I absolutely love this song. Hope you guys love this song too. //

It was the first day of Fall. The leaves were falling gracefully to the ground. It was a nice, chilly day out and Sonic was walking along side the road. He looked up to see the beautiful morning sky. He smiled and sighed softly. It was strange to see barely any cars on the road but Sonic didn't mind.

Tails saw Sonic and ran up to him. His scarf covering his mouth as his jacket was a bit too big for the young fox. Sonic looked to his side and smiled

" Hey Sonic! Nice morning, isn't it? "

" Yo Tails and yes, it is a very nice morning today. "

Tails smiled and talked to Sonic for a while. They headed towards Moonmoney café.

// Get it, Starbucks?? Moonmoney, hehe //

They soon arrived and ordered themselves a coffee. Tails ordered a Caramel Mocha as for Sonic, he ordered a Frappuccino.
They went over to a empty, two person table and sat down.

" So, Tails, how's life with Cream coming along? "

" Oh, it's coming along nicely. I told her we would marry at 30, since we're only, ya'know, 18. "

The 25 years old hedgehog smiled. It has been 15 years since Robotnik had disappeared and everything was now peaceful. Too peaceful for Sonic. As much as the blue hedgehog enjoyed it, he would like to fight something bad again.

All his friends were either getting married, trying to have children, or proposing to be lover to each other. Sonic was still single because he didn't know when evil could strike once more. That doesn't mean that the thought of being with someone hasn't crept into his mind every once in a while.

Shadow was the same, he wanted to be single, to be alone. Shadow...he hadn't seen him in 3 years. Their coffee was ready as they paid for it. He grabs his drink and takes small sips. Shadow...his name echo throughout his mind. He really wanted to see the ebony hedgehog again. He thought more as he waved a so long to Tails. It really was lonely these days.

As he pondered, he could hear the soft crunching of leaves, the whistling of the wind, and...grumbling? He snapped out of his thoughts and looked behind him. No body was ther- he suddenly crashed into someone, spilling his hot coffee on his chest.

The poor blue hedgehog hissed in pain but opened an half lidded eye. He wanted to make sure the person he bumped into was okay.

" H-hey, you okay? N-no coffee spilled on y-ya? "

" Faker? "

Sonic opens both his eyes all to the voice. His nose, it touched another nose. His eyes stared at the ruby red eyes that seemed to match the color of the leaves. He blushes a bit realizing he was under the ebony hedgehog.

It was Shadow.

It seemed that time slowed down a bit, like in one of those romantic movies. Shadow blushed and pulled away. He mumbled a apologie and looked to his right. Sonic forgave him. Sonic seemed to forgotten the cooffee burns, because as soon as he tried to get up, he yelped in pain.

" Sonic, i'm taking you to my house. It's my fault that I bumped into you and I will heal your burns. "

" Shadow, I'm fine, it only stin- "

Sonic was soon interrupted when he was suddenly picked up, bridal style, by Shadow. Sonic blushed deeply as Shadow skated off. Sonic's eye lids started to feel heavy, and soon, he slipped into darkness.

Some hours later

Sonic finally woke up. He sat up slowly as he realized he was in a completely new environment. He was on a couch, in a very neat and tidy living room. This was definately not his house. His house looked like a tornado came in and destroyed the place. He notice the bandages on his chest. He suddenly remembered what happened.

That's right! This probably was Shadow's place. He never been in Shadow's house but he admired it. It was a very nice house.

" Someone is finally awake from his beauty nap. "

Standing in the doorway was a Shadow, who's arms were crossed. He had a soft smile across his tan muzzle. Sonic only smiled widely back, making Shadow confused.

" Nice smile, you should wear it more often. "

Shadow had a tint of blush scrape his cheeks. He looked down at his shoes and grumbled a thank you before coming in thr living room. He sat on the other side of the couch and leaned over. He moved his arms and checked the burn.

" How does it feel, Faker? "

" It doesn't hurt as bad anymore. "

" That's good. "

Shadow pulls back and layed back on his couch, sighing. Sonic blushed a bit, Shadow was so close to him. Sonic couldn't lie, he liked Shadow a lot but the questioned still lingered.

Did Shadow like him back?

Sonic never confessed his feelings to anyone. He was afraid he would be judged. He wished he could confess already. Shadow had already put on some tv show as he watched intensely. He leaned in closer to Shadow and layed on his head on his shoulder.

Sonic's eyes were soon aderted towards the window. The leaves fell so nicely. He didn't even noticed that Shadow had sneak an arm around him. For awhile, they stayed in complete silence. That was until, Shadow spoke.

" Sonic, are we rivals still. "

Sonic was puzzled, why did he ask such silly question?

" No, aren't we friends? "

Shadow only looked at Sonic for a bit. Those beautiful ruby eyes. They really did remind him of fall, when the leaves would fall down gently. If Shadow was a season, he would definately be Fall. They continued to stare into each others eyes, not realizing they both were leaning in.

They soon kissed each other. A growing passion had lit up within them. It was just a small, sweet, yet simple kiss. They pulled away from each other. Sonic smiled half liddedly and hugged Shadow.

" I love you too, Shadz. "

No one knew this, but, Autumn was Sonic's favorite time of the year. And now, it was special. It was the season where he found out that his crush did love him back too.