The Knight and the Peasant

There was once a peasant named Sonic. He was quite the beauty. All the peasent ladies wanted him for his good looks. Sonic did not like ladies, oh no, in fact, he liked men. Not any man though, specifically Sir Lancelot of the Knights of the Round Table. He knew he was dreaming an impossible dream but just to meet him would make his heart content.

One day, Sonic's parents sent him into the city to sell a few things so they can get a few coins. So, he put on his cloak, grabbed the bag of grains and started heading to the city. It took the peasant a couple of days but he got there eventually. He sighed and smile at the entrance of the city he so dearly want to live in. Camelot was a wonderful place to live at, as he heard of.

He took a step inside and started to look for people who wanted to buy his grains.  No one wanted his grains. By the end of the day, Sonic sat in an alleyway, too poor to buy himself a room in the nearby motel. He held the grains in his lap as he coughed softly. His cloak covered his face as he tried to get some sleep. He suddenly heard clanking of metal boots, making him jump and hide himself in the shadows. It was a knight, that's for sure, and as much as he admire Sir Lancelot, he couldn't just talk to a knight.

The figure reveal himself to be Sir Lancelot in the light. Sonic was now more determined to completely blend into the shadows. His heart was beating fast, why did it had to be Lancelot?? Couldn't it be some other knight? He cough softly, hoping that the other wouldn't hear. The knight's ears twitch as he turn his body towards the alleyway. Sonic trembled, he didn't want to be wrongly accused of being a criminal. He held the bag of grains closer to him.

He was a very unlucky child. Is this why his parents sent him? Because they knew that disasters follow him and that he would be caught by a knight and be accused as a criminal? The knight just shrugged it off and left. He sighed, for the first time, luck was on his side. That very morning, Sonic did get some sleep and started the day off as usual: don't get hit by feces, try to sell grains, if he does sell grains, go back home, if he doesn't, he goes back and sleeps in another alleyway.

He walked around town, asking people if they wanted some whole hearted grains made with love. Most people denied him but he did sell a small amount and got a few coins. Sonic never felt so proud of himself, luck finally decided to help him after all these years. He then saw a crowd. Being curious, he went over to the crowd. There, at what he saw, was the knights and young girl. The young girl was a little rabbit that was creamish in color as the two knights he recognized was Sir Gawain and Sir Percival. Sir Gawain was being a jerk to the young girl.

" You want this bread? Oh wait, a little birdy told me that this was stolen. "

" That's for my sick momma! Please, i'm sorry for being a theif! "

Sonic couldn't stand it anymore. He got out the coins he earned and had already. He moved his way through and got over to the young girl. He glared at Sir Gawain as he gave the girl his coins.

" Here, this is all my coins, use it to buy the bread and some water for your mother. "

" Thank you mister! "

Sir Gawain just glared as Sir Percival said nothing. They left and so did the crowd. The young girl left. Sonic sighed. He picked up his grains and went to leave the city. He would have to tell his parents he gave his coins to a child who needed them the most. He saw Sir Lancelot at the entrance, he was nervous and afraid. Hopefully, he could just leave with no problem at all. He passed Lancelot and sighed. It seemed that luck had left him when he heard clanking of metal.

He felt a presence loom over him. He freezes up.

" What's in the sack. "

Sonic turns around to face the knight. He smiles, trying to play it cool as he opens the sack.

" Oh, you see, it's only grains. I was selling these whole hearted grains made with the love of my mother, father, and I. It did not sell well so I was going home. "

Sonic stood there nervously, Lancelot stood there before getting out a small bag of coins. Sonic looked at it in shocked as the knight hands him the bag.

" I saw that you gave up all your coins to the young girl earlier, come back soon, peasant. "

Lancelot said as he takes the bag from the shocked blue hedgehog. The blue hedgie just smiled and pulled Lancelot down and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. Once Sonic realized what he was doing, he pulls away and runs off. Lancelot only stood there, his hand on the cheek the peasant had kiss. He smiled a bit before taking the bag of grains. It took Sonic 3 days to walk home and opens the door to the small house they lived in. His parents greeted him as he smiled, telling his story to his parents.

" ...then Sir Lancelot stopped me and ask me what was in the bag. You know how much I admire him, so I was panicking inside but I kept calm and told him it was whole hearted grains made from our love. "

His parentd continued to listen to their son.

" and he got out the bag of coins I gave you guys and said he saw that I gave all the coins I had to young girl and told me to come back some time. "

His parents were shocked but smiled and were happy for him. He finally met the knight he crushed on. Lancelot told him to come back and he kissed him. He wondered how the whole being ' the knight and the peasant ' thing would work out.

// Only a kiss on the cheek for this one. Hope you enjoy.

-Mod