Chapter 20: Stutters

You blinked,your blurred sight clearing up and your eyes landed on the white walls of the school's infirmary. The thumpings and spinnings in your head lessened already,but your body still doesn't have any energy at the moment. You groaned,taking a wet towel off of your forehead and placing it on the side drawer beside you.

"Nice. You're awake."

You blinked,sighing as you saw the blue-haired male beside you. He made a bored -- yet somewhat angry -- stare at you,arms crossed. "Bother telling me why you fainted back there ?" He mumbled. You scratched your head,looking away. "Well… I was…" You trailed off,sighing.

"Come on,(y/n). You should've told me if you're feeling sick. What if you're all by yourself that time and you fainted ?" Blackstar scolded like he was Stein. You rolled your eyes,crossing your arms. "It's not like you really care anyways. Also,you should be in classes right now. It's 10:30 in the morning."

"I am the great Blackstar. If I want to stay here,I'll stay here."

"Psh… That's why you don't learn anything educational ! Go to the classroom,now !"

"You're not my mom,(y/n). I'm staying."

"Why do you have to stay here,anyway ? It's not like you're Stein to have responsibilities…"

You sighed,sitting up. Blackstar blinked,pausing for a while.

~*~*~*~*Blackstar's P.O.V.*~*~*~*

Yeah,she has a point. Why am I staying here anyway ?

"Well… I…"

Nah bro ! You can't tell that you care for her ! That's just so un-godlike ! :/

"You…?"

Agh ! Fine !

"Cause I can't go to classes knowing you're sick ! Uh… I… I can't focus…"

DAMN IT ! NOW I'M STUTTERING !

(y/n) paused for a while. I averted my gaze from her and looked at the infirmary's walls,but I can tell that she's looking at me with those damnly cute (e/c) eyes. Aish… Why do I have to meet this girl who did nothing but to make me feel weird ?! I'm sure that the gods think I can't beat them cause I'm babysitting a girl here ! She makes me look and literally feel weak !

"You do ?"

Was all I heard her say. She was obviously surprised by it,of course. It's from a god like me so she'd feel honored and surprised !

"Y-yeah… And so ? I'm a god,and gods worry for their followers so here I am !"

Ahhh… That seemed like a nice pass.

(y/n) sighed,seeming to expect the answer. She just laid back down,scratching her head and nodding. "Well… Okay… Thanks though…" She mumbled with a shrug. I mentally sighed in relief.

I thought she already caught me.