Chapter 34: Throw up

Stein sat on his stitched-up chair,sighing. He was thinking if he did the right thing -- Telling Blackstar's condition and how to cure it. But it's too late,cause he already said it. He twisted the screw,sighing.

"Stein !" Kuroha yelled from his door,holding the bottle. Stein looked at him,blinking. "It's saturday today. Why are you here ?" He stood up. Kuroha went in and gave the bottle. "(y/n) didn't go home last night… And that's in a box with a note from her. She said I should give it to you for.… Blackstar's state ?" He mumbled. Stein's eyebrows furrowed,taking the bottle. "How did she get this easily ?" He started to walk,followed by Kuroha. "I have no idea. I don't even know what that is !" He said. "Can you please tell me what the hell is happening ?" He pleaded,making Stein sigh.

"Yesterday,(y/n) was ambushed by a kishin. It was about to attack her when Blackstar went in the way,bringing him to his state today." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "He was poisoned by a substance from the kishin's claws,and the one who created it was her father..."

"Her father ? Why would her father do something like that ?" Kuroha looked confused. Stein looked at him. "I was the one to save (y/n) from her real dad before. We were in a mission to invade the witch's realm and when I went to her house,I knew the fact that she's being beaten up by her father. So I took her here,since Lord Death approved that she's no harm." He explained,going in the infirmary room and going over to a sleeping Blackstar on the bed. Kuroha looked at him,seeing how pale he was than before. "Oh…" He sighed.

Tsubaki stood up from the chair,looking at them. "Good morning.." She greeted with a sigh. "Hey Tsubaki." Stein shrugged. Tsubaki noticed the bottle,making her blink. "Is that…" "Yep. It's the cure." Stein quickly opened Blackstar's mouth slightly,then dropped a bit of the bottle's contents. Kuroha watched,arms crossed. "3… 2… 1."

"What the f—"

Blackstar sat up,holding his mouth like he was about to throw up. Stein handed him a small bucket,Blackstar grabbing it and turning his back at them as he threw up. Stein sighed,watching. Tsubaki looked at him with a worried face,going to him and patting his back gently. Kuroha looked at him,confused. "Why did he—" "It's okay. He's just throwing up all he ate yesterday. Also with the poison. He's perfectly safe now." Stein said then crossed his arms.

"Here you go.." Tsubaki gave him a glass of water,which he gladly took and drank. After he finished,he placed the bucket on the ground,holding a grossed-out face. "What exactly happened last night… Why did I threw up ?" He blinked,scratching his head. Stein sighed. "You were taken here by (y/n). You were poisoned by the kishin's claws,and you just escaped the three-day mark of your death because of what I did earlier." He shrugged. Blackstar's eyes widened. "I almost died ?"

"Yes."

Blackstar sighed. "Well… It was worth it." He mumbled. "Anyways… Where's (y/n) ?" He looked at them both. Kuroha blinked,exchanging looks with Stein. "Yeah.. Was something indicated in the note ? You know.. Maybe where she is now ?" Stein asked. Kuroha looked away,before letting a deep sigh go.

"She said…

She left Death City."