Chapter 26: Lake

"Damn it,Blackstar. Just,damn it ! Of all places,why here ?!"

You exasperatedly yelled as Blackstar chuckled. "I figured it will be somewhat fun." He smirked. You just sighed,scratching your head. "You're an ultimate idiot." You muttered as you gripped Kuroha's scythe pole tightly. Tsubaki just sighed. "Sorry." She muttered.

You four continued to walk in the depths of the forest,looking around for forms of water. In the details,it said that the kishin is a shape-shifter and can be anything of it's liking. Blackstar chose the mission cause he was confident that no one can perfectly immitate his attitude.

Kuroha was looking around,hands in his pockets. Then he noticed a lake. He snickered,looking at you. "There's a lake over there. We've been walking for a while now so maybe we should rest a bit." He suggested,pointing at it. You looked at him,then at the lake. "Yeah… I'm kinda tired too…" You muttered in agreement. Blackstar just laughed. "Why don't we check stuff out first ? This mission's amazing and it's honorable because I chose it !"

"Idiot. This is a mission ! Not a tour !" You yelled. Blackstar crossed his arms then huffed. "Tch." He grumbled. You all went to the lake,then sat around it. The water was… Sparkling. And it's ocean blue,so it's tempting. You decided to dip a hand in the water,giggling at the water's cold temperature.

Blackstar was beside you,watcing you laugh as you played with the water. "Not a tour,huh ?" He teased with a wide smirk. You blinked,before glaring at him. You cupped some of the water and splashed it to his face,laughing when he got wet and was holding a :| face.

Tsubaki smiled,looking at the water. "Well,it's nice." She shrugged. Kuroha blinked,before rolling his hoodie sleeves up. He then dipped both hands in the water,grinning. "If we're not in a mission,I'd love to take a bath here." He smiled.

"Not like I'd let you back on the land alive."

The four of you blinked,startled at the girl's voice. Even you and Blackstar's splashing session stopped. Kuroha took his hands out of the water in fear that it was the shape-shifter. But sadly,it is. He saw a churning part of the lake,making him stand up.

"Back away ! That's the shape-shifter !"

He warned,making the three of you stand and take steps back. But he wasn't able to,because when Kuroha was about to run away,a hand from the lake grabbed his leg and tripped him. "Kuroha !" You stopped and turned to him. "Weapon form,now !" Blackstar yelled. Tsubaki nodded,then changed into her chainscythe form.

Kuroha sat up and tried to kick the hand away. But it's grip tightened,and another one came out. "Sh*t !" He turned his arm to a katana blade,then sliced the hands off. Luckily,it finally gave up and freed him. He sighed in relief,turning his hands back to normal. He stood up,just in time to notice the now large churning of the water in the lake.

"It's here…"