Chapter 31: Protection

You scratched your head,grumbling in confusion. You were about to complain when you heard… Growls ?

You looked around,standing up. The growls got louder and louder,then the unexpected came.

A kishin came out of the bushes. It had a face of a spider,but it had hands and large claws. Weird part ? The claws had purple,gross stuff flowing on it.

"Sh*t…" You mumbled,looking around for a weapon. The kishin started walking it's way to you,hand raised and ready to slash at you anytime. "A-anyone ! Help !" You screamed,but the people around just ran off for their lives. You gulped,backing up against the tree with small tears as you looked up in fear. The kishin grinned,showing it's razor teeth. Then his hand finally moved,but…

"(y/n) !"

Your eyes shot wide as you turned,seeing the same boy you just pushed off earlier. He was running to you. Of course,it's a relief,but he's weaponless also.

The kishin noticed so it glared,then moved it's hand to slash at you. You gasped then shielded yourself with your arm,eyes closed. You waited for the sharp claws to hit you. 1…2…3… But…

Nothing came.

You opened your eyes,blinking. "What…" You thought,then an idea came to your mind. Your eyes shot wide,looking up and taking your hand down.

"Y-you… You think that… Hurt ?"

Blackstar mumbled,standing on his wobbly feet as he protected you from the upcoming attack. Blood dripped from the three diagonal wounds in his chest,his eyes narrowed. "B-blackstar,why did yo—" "I'm fine.." He turned his head to you,and smiled warmly.

"As long as you're safe.."

Your eyes slightly went wide in surprise,especially when you felt your own heart beating faster than it's normal rate.

He turned back to the kishin,who was planning to give the killing blow. Blackstar glared,his wavelength sparking around his hands. He ignored the pain then took a step forward,before slamming his fist hardly in it's stomach and sent his wavelength in it. "Now that's…" He mumbled,panting as the kishin got sent to a wall due to the impact. It was strong,and it ended up dying at the same spot.

"For trying to hurt (y/n)…"