Chapter 32: Three days

You waited outside,sitting on the floor.

"As long as you're safe.."

You sighed,hugging your knees. Why would he do that ? It's not like you're important in his life…

Are you ?

"Hey. (y/n)." Stein went out of the room. You looked up,seeing him in a serious look. You stood up,worried. "Is he okay ? How is he ?" You asked. Stein sighed. "The wound's fine. But it's not completely fine…" He mumbled. Your eyebrows furrowed. "Huh ?"

"You're almost a daughter to me,(y/n). I can't dare lie to you.. So…

Look,I know both of you noticed the claws of the kishin,right ? It had something purple." He crossed his arms. "When Blackstar protected you from the blow,the poison,or the purple stuff,went in his blood stream. If it lasts for the next three days,the outcome can be…

Death."

Your eyes shot wide. With just protecting you,the next three days might be the end for his life.

"W-w-what ?! T-three days ?!"

"Yes. Three days. But there's a way to take the poison out." He twisted the screw in his head. You looked at him. "What is it ?!"

"That kishin who attacked you was created by someone… Since the kishin's dead,the only choice you have is to look for it's creator. Then take some of his blood."

Your fists clenched,glaring downwards. "So that's the only way ? Fine." You thought,before looking at him. "Who is it..." You mumbled. Stein's stare got more serious,his glasses' reflection showing.

"Your father."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You stared at the ground as you walked. Stein called Tsubaki to watch over Blackstar so you can go home. And it was great,cause you have time alone to think. Think of how you'd find your dad and take some of his blood. Or how he'd even lend you some.

You clutched your bag tightly,sighing. If he just let you take the blow and didn't get in the way,he shouldn't have to suffer in that state. And it was very abnormal for an energetic guy like him,to be in a dying state. It's just weird…

You turned to a corner to your home. It's quite dark so it's scary. Not that you mind,anyways. Kuroha was always walking with you so you never noticed.

Just then,you were about to exit the dark hallway when…

"It's been a long time…"

Your whole body tensed up as you heard that deep voice. You trembled as you took a slow turn,eyes wide as you stuttered.

"P-p-papa…"