Chapter 38

Location: Anti-VOID
Mission: Same as last time...
RED'S P.O.V.

"Let him sleep!" I heard Nightmare snap at someone. I groaned at someone when I was poked.

"Great now look what you did!" Nightmare growled.

"He was mostly woken from your shrieking!" Abyss' voice snapped back. I was poked again and I swatted at the area.

"See!!" Nightmare snarled. I heard Abyss chuckle.

"Well he should wake up anyway." Abyss said and I hear Nightmare storm off. I was poked again.

"StoP pOkinG mE.. ." I moaned and I was poked again and snapped my eyes open. I swung my legs and I made Abyss slam to the ground. I stood up over Abyss and glared at him.

"I saId StOp." I snarled and Abyss smiled amused and nervously.

"Wow I didn't know you could move that fast." Abyss joked, his comment caught me off guard, that was something Sans would've said. I got walked away from Abyss and sat down beside Dream.

"What happened to your fingers?!" Dream shouted, I looked around like I didn't hear him. Dream sighed and shivered.

"I... had a nIghtMaRe..." I lied, I guess Nightmare heard me because suddenly he was right behind me.

"You did?" Nightmare asked, he sounded concerned... Dream jumped when Nightmare spoke, Nightmare ignored it putting his attention on me.

When I didn't answer him Nightmare sat down beside me and stared at me. It made me nervous.

"You didn't have a nightmare did you? Your fingers are bleeding and broken at the tips, so you barely slept... it's fine if you don't want to tell us Red, but Fate might..." Nightmare said and left. Dream watched his brother intensely and frowned.

"He cares... he really cares... he cares about his gang, he cares about things..." Dream muttered. I looked at him.

"How could I have been so blind! Nightmare was never gone, he was always there! My brother cares..." Dream continued to mutter. Dream thought his brother was incapable of caring, of being happy, but if Dream even spent even a day in Nightmare's Castle watching everything, he would've seen that Nightmare cared and that he was happy!

I didn't want to listen or see Dream's small break down, I don't know what I would happen. So I left and sat down beside Life.

"Oh hello~" Life chirped. Death and Life have been pretty much avoiding all of us, mostly because they think one of us killed of the whole Multiverse. I was Death's top suspect, Life didn't want to voice her opinion.

"HelLo." I waved. Life noticed my fingers, but she didn't say anything about it.

"So how are you..." Life asked as she eyed my fingers, they were clearly bothering her.

"FiNe. .." I lied to her. Life smiled and tried to find something to occupy herself, she was forced out of her home just like Abyss was so she hadn't been able to bring anything with her.

"Life— what are you doing?" Death asked me when he saw me.

"SittInG aNd hAvIng a Nice cHat." I smiled at Death, Death almost growled at me, but he was in the presence of Life and he wouldn't want her to be angry at him. He had his brother, but he sometimes preferred Life's company, like most Sanses do.

"What were you guys talking about?" Death slid into the conversation.

"We only just started our chat, my friend." Life answered for me.