No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. (09)

"It's called being a little," he started, this being the only information he knew without a doubt, the rest was merely his interpretation, "it's where they act younger than what they are, Vito's about two-"
"Un nd twee borfs!!" the boy called in correction. Yondu gave a sigh followed by a nod.
"Yes, one and three fourths, which is about two," he stated, slight agitation in his tone before looking to the oldest member on his crew, "and Pete gets....?" he trailed off letting Peter answer considering he had no clue as to what the answer was.
It took Peter a moment to even register he was in the conversation, his head snapped up in realization, cheeks burning a light red, "Uh well when I actually go into it, it depends on my mood. My general ages are close to Vito's little age or 8," he explained in a mumble. Yondu nodded, Tullk hummed quietly taking in the information.
He looked to the captain uncertainty, he wouldn't had ever pin Yondu to be the overly fatherly type, especially to young kids, "And you're ok with this sir?"
Yondu shrugged, "No changing it. I certainly ain't gonna turn my boys away," Tullk nodded rather greatful.
"May I come closer captain?" Tullk asked, it wasn't his first go with being around kids, surprisingly including little kids that were Vito's and Peter's age,  from both his time on his home planet and his time with Stakar, so needless to say he knew well enough that they got spooked, easily.
Yondu hesitated looking back to his boys before nodding looking back to Tullk before smirking, just by Peter's inability to stay still and the nervous, almost embarrassed look on his face gave it away that he was close to slipping now. How little, he wasn't sure considering Peter had a rather wide range of ages.
Thinking on it, he scowled as something clicked, "Ya mean to tell me that the age we picked ya up at is one ya get down to?"
Peter jumped at the tone, it apparently being enough to snap him to as little as he planned to go for now, "Yeeeaaahh...."
Yondu sighed, two littles on the ship officially now and he couldn't exactly just ship him off with his guardian friends now, he severely dreaded the things they'd say, Gamora specifically seeing as she was his primary caregiver apparently. He figured they'd think he scared him into it, which technically they weren't wrong but he didn't need them to know that. He motioned for Kraglin to grab Vito, judging by the curious, happy twinkle in his eyes, he was pretty young which meant it wasn't too wise to trust him to the responsibility to holding Vito not wanting either boy hurt, or more specifically Peter accidentally physically hurting Vito which in turn would hurt Peter emotionally.
Then again, he really shouldn't hold it past Quill to end up physically hurting them both, unintentionally so of course. Kraglin following the order caused ruckus. Not only had Vito started to whine not wanting to leave Peter at learning he was a little too but it also earned a short hiss fit from Quill who must've felt proud to be doing such a big boy thing making frustrated grunts and whines to leave the male, stomping his feet as well to further show he was clearly displeased.
"Hey, enough out of both of ya. Ain't neither of ya hurt," he warned. Tullk shook his head and took a few steps closer to Peter offering a gentle smile.
"Hi there Peter, can ya tell us how big you are?" he asked, Yondu was taken by surprise at the tone Tullk used, it were as if he was talking to a child. Peter watched him skeptically a moment before nodding holding up two fingers, Tullk smiled at having his answer which meant it was now time to praise the answer, "My goodness, what a big boy you are. Thank you for telling us, that was very nice."
This seemed to ease any caution Peter had as he gave a delighted little laugh even gently holding Tullk's hand on his head after he ruffled his hair. Yondu scowled not at all enjoying the fact that everyone but him seemed to know how to handle kids, especially seeing as he raised one of them and the other he helped create technically speaking. He gave a small huff. To boost his confidence, he motioned for Kraglin to hand him Vito. 
Sure enough his plan worked, feeling Vito almost immediately latch onto him made him feel in control, cocky even.
Tullk snorted softly, almost amused by it, it seemed only the captain couldn't see that the boys were always gonna need him. He leaned close to Peter lightly whispering, "Hey Peter, you know what I think?"
"What?" he cried until he remembered Tullk's tone, immediately the little one dropped his voice down to a whisper, repeating, "What?"
Tullk chuckled at this, Yondu was rather lucky, he decided, two cute little boys, "I think Yondu could use a hug, why don't you give him one?" Peter lit up at the idea giving an excited hop before rushing over to the unexpecting Yondu giving him a tight hug.
Yondu yelped, clutching Vito closer and tighter until he registered what had happened. He sighed but couldn't help but grin wrapping his other arm around Peter, "My boys," he crooned slightly and gently, he wasn't sure how he felt hearing his voice like this. He had never really crooned genuinely, more mockingly. At hearing it had earned a set of giggles from the boys regardless, he smiled a bit. Perhaps he could learn to get used to it, it'd take him time which was precisely why his next sentence was merely said happily.
"Yeah, my two sweet boys. Kraglin, give the crew some work I wanna spend some quality time with them," by spend time he meant see how they interact and react to certain things. He had time to learn a bit about Vito but knew nothing of Peter.
He figured some time with the two of them would fix that.
He shifted a little to sit Vito on his feet only to get whines, "Boy, I need to put ya down. It ain't fair of me to carry you and not Peter," he explained. Unfortunately Yondu, who still didn't know anything about kids, had picked his choices poorly.
Peter's eyes lit up at the mention of being carried, usually not getting to in worry of hurting Gamora, but Yondu wasn't Gamora, "Cawwy?" he asked excitedly. Yondu blinked but groaned a little, he didn't want Peter to end up crying but his back was going to hate him if he agreed. Reluctantly he nodded, "Alright, just this once, we can't make this an all the time thing, daddy ain't getting any younger boys," he said before lifting Peter up.
Already his back ached in disagreement but he pushed through it, "What ya boys wanna do?"
"Cowor!!" Vito cheered at which Peter's eyes lit up more.
"Yeah! Yeah! Pwease Yondu!!" Quill agreed. Yondu didn't have the slightest clue what "coloring" was but figured if it made the two boys happy it'd be well worth it. He sighed sitting them on the floor next to a wall, this being the biggest open area offered, he looked at Vito.
"Ya got coloring things in yer room?"
"Uh huh!! In da cwate in coset!" he explained. Yondu narrowed his eyes slightly, he was using the crate he gave him to hide his secret? He sighed but nodded hesitating. His back couldn't take anymore carrying but he wasn't too keen on leaving two little boys alone.
He sighed bending down on one knee to be at a closer level with the boys, "I'm gonna be right back, either of ya move, yer bottoms will be sore for weeks to come. Understand?"
The two trade looks before nodding smiling brightly and Yondu can't help but smile back. He chuckles ruffling their hair before going to gather the things.
It doesn't take him long to find it which means it didn't take him long to get back to his boys and once he's done so, he sits between them, as to show no favoritism. At first it's only the boys that color, Yondu only watching curiously. Apparently coloring is filling in pictures, he doesn't fully understand the concept let alone why the boys enjoy it so, that is until he felt a little tug on his sleeve.
"What's the matter Peter?" he asks looking over. Innocent eyes stare back, he hadn't seen Quill look this way since they first picked him up.
"You're no coworing," he explained giving a pout.
Vito gasped deciding to quickly fix this shoving a book into Yondu's chest, "Hewe! You cowor foggys!!" he insisted.
"Foggys huh?" Yondu repeated in a mumble not knowing any better than to say it that way, it makes both boys giggle amusedly making Yondu grin. He watches the two a few seconds before figuring out what he needed to do. He flipped through until finding a bland page.
"Hand me the blue," Peter giggled keeping it to himself making Yondu arch a brow with a smile.
"Magic wowd?" Vito chimed, Yondu rolled his eyes though his smile gave away that he wasn't too annoyed.
"Please?"
"Kay! Here bwue!" Peter chirpped letting Yondu have it.
Yondu blinked before grinning wider as he leaned against the wall, "Blue," he corrects. This time it's the boy on his other side says it.
"Bwue!"
"No. No. Blue, with an l not a w," he explains, he chuckles as both boys repeat the letter as well as the noise it's supposed to make, he nods, "Yeah. You boys got it. Blue."
"Bwue!" Peter cheered.
"No, Blue."
"Bwue!" Vito adds.
"Alright you boys are just doing this to annoy me, ain'tcha."
"Bwue!!" they both cheer, this word being on repeat now, Yondu gives a sigh of defeat, he was fighting a losing battle.
"Yeah. Ok. Enough. You boys got it. That's right," he finally agrees before sighing gently ruffling both boy's hair, "Ya are little boys I suppose. Too little to use big boy words," he adds. From there it's enjoyable coloring until Peter's wrist com goes off, his team missing him.
"No wanna go!!" Peter whined, "Wanna stay da night pwease!!!" Yondu nodded with a soft sigh answering the call after assuring.
"Don't get upset boy, I'll see what I can do," the moment he saw an angry Gamora though he tensed but glared back.

(A/N: Forgot to add this butthe ending is based loosely on the pic above, the picture is actually one I drew in what I call the "Personal AU" where Vito was raised on the ship rather than being brought on at 13)