No. No. No. No. No. No. No. (17)

Stakar hadn't had a crying baby in a long time, many years. The last time he had one was with Yondu who was spooked by a story Tullk had told him, he was fairly new to emotions it was about four or five months after they had freed him from being a Kree slave, and technically, even then, Yondu wasn't a baby. He was inexperienced like one but he was 19, maybe 20, and while that was young by Centuarian standards, he wasn't a baby, not like this.... kid, Vito, was, or appeared to be.
Of course, the little spared no mercy for Stakar. He was wailing restlessly, "P-papa! I wan my papa! Wan him n-noooow! P-pease ta-ake me to my papa!" Vito pleaded, his face flushing deeply. He sat on the floor of Starhawk, he had refused to be picked up the moment he realized that this wasn't his papa's ship and that they weren't going to take him to his papa's ship. All he had from it was Yondu's pin and while it was nice it was becoming to be not enough. The pin couldn't hold him.
Stakar watched him in exhaustion, "Kid..." He muttered, "Please, calm down," he really wasn't sure what to do with the sobbing kid. He knelt down to him, he towered over the kid otherwise, and it may not had been the issue, but he didn't doubt it was pretty intimidating and they needed to be as cautious as they could to hush the kid.
"Look, we're not here to hurt you. If we take you back to your papa you will end up hurt,"  Vito blinked confused and sad. He hiccupped about to protest and cry more until the diaper suddenly got wet, it defintely didn't help Stakar's case as it was extremely uncomfortable and he didn't like it. He started to sob again, Stakar sighed rubbing his head wondering if this was a mistake. He scolded himself, no, this was a kid, a kid who surly would've ended up in danger had he not saved him. He just needed to collect himself.
He thought back to his own kids, heck, he even thought of Yondu, and how he used to calm them all. Braving himself for the undeniable sobbing in his ear he knew he'd get, as well as likely pushing, he picked the boy up.
He was pleasantly surprised to not be pushed away, quite the opposite as the kid clung on instead, wanting to simply be held he assumed, but the kid was still sobbing at the top of his lungs. That was ok though, Stakar could handle this.
He started to bounce him soothingly, "Hey, hey, shhhh, kid. You're safe," he mumbled attempting to very cautiously slide the pacifier into his mouth. Vito took it at least which muffled the sobs. It was progress though.
Next, Stakar tried to wipe his eyes from tears, "Shhh, I've got you, you're being held, you're gonna make yourself sick if you keep bawling like that," he gently cautioned. Vito sniffled and hiccupped but tried once more to plea pitifully, he was feeling really worn out from his sobbing but the unpleasant diaper he had on wasn't going to let him go back to sleep.
"P-pease wet me see m-my papa. Wan him, I jus g-go wooking fow him," he then added, "I n-not get off ship 'gain, pease?" Stakar's stomach rolled with uncertainty at the kid thinking it was because he got off that he wasn't going back to the ship. In one way he supposed it was but it didn't settle him anymore, it wasn't Vito's fault, he innocently stepped off to look. Stakar couldn't bring himself to tell Vito a straight up 'no'.
Instead, he asked, "Where's your home, kid? We're gonna take you there."
Vito sniffled, tears still rolling down his brightly flushed face, "D-da ship, ship, wif papa, take me p-pease?" Stakar and Martinex shared a sigh, the kid was persistent, they'd give him that undoubtedly. Though it left them wondering, before it'd be understandable if it was a misunderstanding on the little boy's behalf of what was going on, but the ship wouldn't be ska home if he was getting dropped off. So, unless the kid didn't understand the meaning of home, it was hard to dismiss it this time.
"How about this, if you can tell us who your papa is, we'll consider taking you to him?"
To a little Vito, a 'consider' was the same as a 'guarantee', so, he perked up, "Y...Yondu, dat papa," he explained, little self having an issue saying the name. This made both blue cladded ravagers tense, Stakar was in absolute shock looking the kid over, now that he fully had, with Yondu in mind, he saw the resemblance. However, because the captain wasn't talking this left it up to Martinex to clarify.
"Hang on now, are you saying Yondu is your papa or is Yondu taking you yo your papa?"
"Is, is my papa," Vito answered with a sniffle. He had finally started to calm down at the mere idea of getting to see his papa. While that was a relief, it raised an all new reason for the atmosphere to be tense. Stakar was half tempted to demand the kid's mother's location just to avoid seeing Yondu, but that wasn't how this worked. The kid wanted Yondu and Yondu was, if he was a decent enough father by Stakar's standards, looking for his son.
He wouldn't kidnap a kid and not return him safely and as much as he detested the idea of seeing Yondu, let alone the idea of him being entrusted with a kid especially with the idea of him having to be safe with the kid, he knew it was all around the best option. He looked over to Martinex, "Go contact Yondu's ship, if that doesn't work... try his personal com...." He muttered.
The continuous sound of a beeping disturbed Horuz, he groaned a little. His captain wasn't back yet, still out looking for his brat, Hrouz had half a mind to suggest leaving him here a while, teach him to run off, but the other half knew it'd only have him greeted with an arrow so he'd keep it to himself for now and give word about it later in professional company. As much as he and Yondu argued and but heads on opinions, he wouldn't want a mutiny. They'd avoided one this long, may as well keep up the good work.
He stepped toward the com looking over contacts first. Had it been a client he would've known what to do. Answer and briefly get details and ensure them to keep an eye on their com for a call from Yondu, it was too similiar to a secretary for his liking but it was the best option. This, he had no clue what to do. He knew of Stakar, every ravager knew of him. It was necessary to, this was the top of the top, his boss's boss, well, ex-boss since the exile.
Because of the exile, they hadn't gotten a call from him in over 20 years now, so no one knew what to do. Whether to answer or ignore or what. Before he had time to react, the beeping and attempt at a call ended. He was relieved but quickly picked up his com sending a,message to Yondu in case Stakar tried to call back.
Yondu growled feeling his com go off as it binged against his leg along with a vibrated like movement. He almost ignored it, but the alley way he was looking in was a bit dark anyways, not that he was scared, he'd seen monsters more frightening, heck Taserface was more terrifying than a dark alley way but it seemed unlikely for a baby to hide there without sobbing, not that he wasn't going to look, he'd look anywhere and everywhere for his son.
"Headed further east, sir," Tullk's voice rang over the earpiece. Yondu nodded not offering a reply instead getting out his com on the off chance Horuz had found Vito.
'Sir, there's an emergency, Stakar-' was all he got to read before his own com came to life with dinging and the long time family photo on the screen, he had this for only three people and thsnk goodness for caller ID because he knew which of the three it was, Stakar.
Yondu hesitated, what could he possibly want, he had a good idea of what Horuz was trying to tell him now. On one hand, he was excited, perhaps Stakar was going to try and reconnect! On the other, well, there wasn't much worse that Stakar could do than an exile or disown him, he couldn't sentence him to death since he was a captain of his own ship, but still, the idea of being further frowned upon sent his stomach through a roller coaster. With a trembling hand, he pressed answer. Stakar, Martinex, and Vito filled his screen in one big picture.
"Papa!!" Vito squealed.
"The kid claims he's yours," Stakar started, Yondu noted the cold, yet hintly curious look in Stakar's eyes, "if that's true, meet us by the water fountain on the edge of town in 30 minutes. Come with some sort of proof," Yondu swallowed and nodded quickly, running to the ship as the call ended. This could go terribly wrong or fairly good. Regardless, he knew he was getting his son back.