No. (51)

The next morning, Yondu and Kraglin were concerned. Vito was just looking at the food with an almost blank look at breakfast. They had brushed it off when he first woke up, he was usually all grumpy then anyways, but even when they spoke to him, nothing changed.
"Didja sleep good after that story, boy?" Yondu asked, figuring that the question would get a reaction of some sort. Either a grumpy grunt or a huff or a tired yes, but neither came, nothing at all did. They then decided to try getting the boy up and ready for the day. They dressed him in black shorts and a little short sleeved shirt which was white with red, horizontal stripes with a cartoonish, grey robot character in the center.
Getting Vito dressed wasn't ever exactly hard, but it usually woke him up, but the boy's face still didn't change. The last thing they thought may help was breakfast. After all, that was a decent 25 minutes after he woke up and the fussy spell only last about 3 or 5 minutes. Still, even as they sat down with the food and tried to feed him, nothing changed.
"Sweetie," Kraglin cooed, "come on, let's eat, ok?" Vito jumped as if startled by the first mate's voice, but his expression didn't change at all. Apart from the surprised action, the little one seemed almost emotionless about it and everything around them.
Yondu and Kraglin watched the boy a few moments before Yondu finally stood up, "Get the boy. We're going to talk to the medic."
Kraglin wasted no time to obey, scooping Vito up into his arms and gently bouncing him as he carried him to the med bay, not staying too far away from Yondu.
A small whimper left Vito as he looked around but the dazed look never left his eyes. Yondu shoved the door open finding the medic sitting at his desk playing solitaire with cards, he jolted up slightly from surprise, "Captain?" he mumbled. Yondu jabbed his thumb to the medical bed where Kraglin was sitting Vito.
"Up. You need to look at the boy," he commanded rather sternly. The medic sighed almost annoyedly but did so, getting up and walking towards the first mate and the little.
"So what exactly is the issue?" he arched a brow, "The injuries are healing just fine."
"That's not what we're worried about," Yondu growled, "just look at the kid's face! He's been looking like that all morning, can't get him to talk, eat, nothing!"
The medic rolled his eyes, "Captain, this is ridiculous. That's completely normal children behavior. There is absolutely no reason for me to examine him. Kids refuse to eat. Just a fact of life. Either make him or try again with him later. Simple as that. I'm not a babysitter. I shouldn't be dealing with pointless things like that!"
Yondu snarled a little bit and whistled his arrow out of his holster, "You listen to me and listen good you moron," he growled before whistling his arrow closer to the medic, "you're nothin but extra weight on the ship. A bunch of these maggots can handle their own wounds so I wouldn't have any regrets sending this right through yer head," another whistle and the tip of the yaka arrow touched the medic's forehead nearly hard enough to prick it, nearly, "but yer in luck. Right now, you're about the only thing that can help my boy. So, let me repeat myself and then you get on with the one d*mn thing you're useful for," he growled, "our issue ain't that he isn't eating. We can get him to. Our problem is that he won't do anything except give us that blank look and not reacting. Now. Why's he doing that?"
The medic gulped nervously, "Uhm, let me get a look at him, s-sir," Yondu nodded and while he didn't make the yaka arrow follow, his glare did as the medic circled and examined Vito. Vito didn't even let his head follow him, like he normally would, lavender eyes lit up with pure curiousity, no, he stared at the wall without emotion still. After nothing physically wrong sticking out to the medic, he went to his desk, grabbing a flashlight and flicking it on, shining it in Vito's eyes, the only thing the little did was shut them though after a few moments. Finally, he turned to the parents. Yondu still looked positively hateful as Kraglin was simply worried, watching Vito closely. 
"There's nothing I can exactly pin point wrong with him, sirs..... the best guess I have is he may finally be getting some of his memories back....." this sparked excitement and joy out of the two, simply grateful.
"Great! That's amazing, any way to speed up the process?" 3-year-old Vito wasn't really that hard to deal with, but both parents were starting to miss the little boy that knew them, really knew them, and Yondu was itching for some other answers too but none of that came until the memories were back.
The medic hesitated but nodded, "There isn't really any telling how long or how fast it will come back," he explained, heading back towards his desk, setting the flashlight down and pulling open a drawer and digging around, calling back as he did, "to make it more comfortable for him and I'm sure you two, we need to go to whatever room he has been sleeping in." 
This sparked up confusion and concern, slowly, Kraglin nodded, lifting the blank little boy into his arms, soothingly rubbing his back, then he started walking towards the door as Yondu whistled his arrow back to it's spot, hesitantly joining his boyfriend and son. The medic stayed at his desk but they didn't snap at him since he was still looking. They stalked slugishly and cautiously to their bed room, "What do you think he's gonna do, sir?" Kraglin finally uttered nervously. Yondu shrugged which was the honest answer. 
"Dunno, but don'tcha worry yer pretty lil head over it. Ain't like I'll let him hurt our boy," he promised. Kraglin nodded though his expression still conveyed obvious anxiety. Finally, the first mate asked something more. 
"Do.... how fast do you think our baby will remember us?" Yondu shrugged again. The medic didn't know so he sure as heck had no idea, but he could say that he hoped it was fast. It was over half way of the walk that the medic finally managed to catch up with them. Yondu scanned the medic trying to spot what exactly he planned to use to help Vito. When no luck there came up, he resolved to straight up ask. 
"So, whatcha got in mind, doc?" the medic glanced up a bit nervously but pulled out a watch, showing them. 
"Hypnosis. It isn't usually used in this case, unless it's been for a long time with no progress but, since he seems to be doing..... something up there, I'd say it's safe to just try," he explained. Yondu scoffed, he never believed in mumbo jumbo like that but he didn't deny it just yet, a slimmer of hope that it may work, may even help just a little. Kraglin laid Vito down onto the bed once they reached the room, Vito gave the most reaction he had all morning, shifting to lay on his side. The medic was grateful, that was just what he needed. He kneeled by the bed and lifted the watch up to Vito's eyes lightly starting to swing it. 
"Focus on the watch. watch as it swings  left to right. The more you watch, the more of a tired daze you will fall into," the medic explained lowly. It did take Vito a minute or two but soon enough he was watching it and, within a few minutes his eye lids started to droop some. 
"Yes, now, I will count to ten, when I reach ten, you will fall asleep, are you ready?" he asked still quietly, Yondu rolled his eyes but snorted at Kraglin watching on in hope and slight amazement, looking for any micro change in Vito, "1...... 2...... 3......... 4..... 5..... 6........7...... 8..... 9... 10," surprising Yondu and Kraglin, Vito slumped more than he already was, eyes completely shut, the medic nodded, still swinging and talking softly, "Rest, focus on your memories, try to retrieve them," carefully, the medic rose up and looked towards the two parents with a little sigh, "like I said, I don't know how well it'll work. You two might be able to carry the process along by talking quietly to him," he explained, putting the watch in his pocket, "ask him what he sees. He should answer, I'll be back in a hour to see how this worked," he ended, walking to the door, Yondu nodded slightly looking at Vito. Only Kraglin grabbed his attention when he walked towards Vito. The tall Xandarian kneeled by the bed, gently running his hand through Vito's bright red hair. 
Kraglin took in a shaky breath, oh he hoped this worked. He didn't really have kids of his own, not even family of his own, the ravagers was the closest he ever had to that, and as far as kids went, he was roped into adopting Peter with Yondu and then Vito. He just wanted it all to work out, he wanted his kid back, not having Vito look up at him with recognition had really left an empty space in his heart, "Hey baby, c-can you tell me what you see?" Kraglin asked, voice above a whisper. A few moments of silence stretched on and Yondu  shook his head, he should've known better than to get his hopes up. He'd get tired too watching a boring watch move back and forth, back and forth. He went to pull Kraglin away, he wouldn't let him be hurt more than he had been since this whole thing of amnesia happened, suddenly though, a little grunt and mumble came from Vito perking both of them up. 
"What, what was that, Vi?" Kraglin asked, struggling to keep his excited voice soft like the medic had told him to. They both watched on anxiously, in silence, then, Vito's mouth started moving again, a clearer answer coming to them. 
"L-lake..." Yondu quickly moved to the bed next to Kraglin, eyes widened, Kraglin was just as thrilled and gently put his hand over Yondu's, lacing their fingers together. He was happy, no doubt, but he didn't want Yondu to accidentally get too excited and disturb the process. 
"Good, that's so good, Vito. What else do you see, who's at the lake with you?" 
"M-mom...." the little boy continued, voice almost seeming to waver with sadness, then, "n-no... no....." 
"No what,what do you see now, sweetheart?" Kraglin pressed. 
"M-mom.... momma.... ma, sh-she....." Vito shifted almost in a miserable manner. Kraglin furrowed his brows but Yondu frowned gently, he seemed to catch on to what the boy was seeing in his memories, or dreams, it was hard to tell, still, it did mean they were getting closer, they almost had their baby back. 
"Do ya see a hospital son?"
"Uh huh...." Yondu nodded slightly, exactly as he thought. He squeeze Kraglin's hand to try and tell him it was going to be ok, the kid was seeing something awful, something Yondu wished could've been erased from his memories, but he knew what came next. As if to confirm that, Vito mumbled out. 
"P-papa...?" 

(A/N: Super sorry this took so long. I needed to take a mental break and focus on something last minute my school threw at me, but I'm done with that and have a new spark of excitement for this book so I'm back! I'm thinking the next chapter will be the last chapter for this story, but the does mean I'll officially start the sequel which I'm very excited for! I hope you all enjoyed this and I do wanna apologize if anything of this chapter is incorrect factual wise. I personally have never lost my memory so I wouldn't know how it's like but I did try to do some research to better understand it but even that can do so much. On a last note, yesterday I learned how to make aesthetics and I made one for this story. Sorry again for it being so late, I will try and do the last chapter soon, have a great day/night you all!

 Sorry again for it being so late, I will try and do the last chapter soon, have a great day/night you all!

)