No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. (50)

(A/N: Happy 50th chapter!!!! I've decided to do an origin like set up, more from Yondu's perspective per say since he is the one who technically is the one who connects all these characters in one way or another. That's all I'll say since it'll be shown in the chapter, also there are 3 A/N's this chapter (counting this one) and I ask you read each of them because they are all important in different ways, and, before we start, I wanna say thank you to each and every read, vote, comment, adding it to a reading list and/or your library. When I first started writing this I was nervous (as I usually am) that no body would like it or read it but you all have proved me so very wrong and I couldn't be more happy for that. Thank you all for this, all of you are honestly partly what makes this book possible. You all have made my dreams come true. While I do love my other books, I will admit, this one is my pride and joy so seeing others enjoy it and knowing I can make others happy makes me extremely happy. So, again, thank you all, I hope you enjoy the looooooooooong chapter ahead lol. Have an amazing day/night.)

Later that night, Vito was restless, squirming between Yondu and Kraglin, preventing all three from getting any actual shuteye. Bed time wasn't usually hard. Whether big, little, or without memories, Vito laid down for bed fairly reasonably provided the crew wasn't being too rambunctious but the ship was mostly silent tonight, meaning it should've gone by without issue.
As Vito squirmed again, Yondu sighed tiredly, "Son. Quit yer wiggling about," he warned. Vito whined softly at this but open his eyes after vain of trying to go to sleep as told to.
"Can't hewp it, papa," he insisted, rubbing his eyes, "not seepy."
Another sigh left Yondu paired with one from Kraglin who shifted up to a sitting position and start to pet his hair, "Why'd you rub your eyes then?" Yondu asked, pointing to Vito's eye, earning another whine from the little.
"Dunnnnooooo!!"
Yondu rolled his eyes as Kraglin mumbled, "Settle down baby, how can we help you sleep?"
Vito sniffled, he did wanna sleep but he just couldn't seem to make himself do so. He thought on anything that may help himself, he certainly wasn't going to take a bottle like the two had been trying to convince him to the past few days and nights. He was a big boy after all!
"Towy?" he eventually mumbled hopefully, shifting his gaze to Yondu surprising them both, "Bout you papa?"
Yondu hesitated greatly but slowly sighed and nodded, "Sure, son..... once upon a long time ago, I met......" he paused a moment trying to figure out what to call Stakar, Vito wouldn't exactly remember his 'Pappy' at the moment, he sighed again, adjusting his gaze to the ceiling, "I met my..... f-father, the very first time...."

(Quick A/N 2: So, as some of you may or may not know, Yondu did start out as a battle slave so that's more or less where this starts, when Stakar rescued him, so this will have major implications of slavery. I'm saying that just in case it's a trigger warning for anybody. I won't go into grave detail but I can't ignore it either as it is crucial to the origins. Also, to soothe you all, Yondu is not explaining it in the exact manner I write it in. His is super sugar coated, but what I write on from this point to the end of this chapter is what I want to do to make this chapter special. Like it's a literal origin of important things for the characters. I also wanna say this will contain some spoilers to topics followed in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  Each new section of the origin will start with ~. I hope you enjoy and sorry for placing this long explanation in the middle. Now back to your regularly scheduled story!)

~ "Captain!" Martinex called from one of the rooms, his head poking out of the doorway, Stakar turned his head to him to show he had his attention, "You need to come see this!" the crystal like first mate insisted with urgency then disappeared back into the room. The ravager admiral sighed but nodded for his crew mates to continue getting the treasures aboard the Kree ship then walked towards the room Martinex was in.
"What is so impor- oh...." now he saw what his first mate was looking at. A slave chained to the wall, like a dog, collar around his neck and all. He even had his mouth bared up in a snarl, revealing some missing teeth. The ones still there were in poor condition though. He ran a hand over his face, hand finally stopping over his mouth, he assumed it was to keep himself from throwing up. He came across many Kree slaves and he felt sick everytime but this was new. This one was alive and he looked oh so young.
Finally, he moved his hand, "Marti. Go check the other rooms," he instructed, "I'll handle what's in here, son."
Martinex was clearly hesitant but nodded slightly, exiting as Stakar had said and, holding true to his own word, Stakar approached the slave, kneeling as to be less intimidating, "Hey, hey. Easy," he murmured, "I'm here to help. Can you lift your head up? I'll see if I can get that collar off of you? That sound good? Like a deal?" 
The slave, later to be named Yondu, snarled again with a choked growl. He hesitated but did slowly lift his head up. What his master command, he did. Simple as that. Stakar easily got the collar off, grateful to have seen the lock mechanics on it before.
Once that was done, Stakar rose back to his full height, holding his hand out, "Here, let me help you up."
Yondu winced at the hand, expecting a smack but when one didn't arrive, he rose his eyes back up to the blue cladded ravager, then to his hand. Regardless of the offered help, he tried to get up on his own. Stakar rolled his eyes at the slave's stubbornness, but gently grabbed his arm to assist him, earning another growl.
Despite the hostile nature, Stakar could painfully see the frightened look in those red eyes, so he backed off.
"Alright, alright. I let you go. Just follow me, ok?" Yondu gave an almost scoffing noise but Stakar started walking to the door nonetheless. Once close to the room's exit, he looked back seeing him being on shakey legs, barely having taken six steps. Stakar smiled almost amusedly and leaned against the door frame.
"Need some help?" he called, only getting another growl in return. Stakar rolled his eyes, still a tad amused but approached Yondu easily lifting him.
He didn't weigh much at all, likely because of what little food the Kree gave him. Stakar decided he'd fix that though, talking as he carried him off the Kree ship, nodding for one crew member to blow it up as he boarded the Starhawk.
He glanced down at Yondu seeing a glare, "Don't look at me like that," Stakar scoffed, "I got you here quicker so we can have a look at those wounds," he explained.
It was Yondu's turn to scoff and look away with almost an expression that was borderline a pout, just how young was this kid? Stakar had to wonder. He'd do research when he knew more. Right now, the blue kid needed his injuries looked at, food, drink, a comfortable place, and rest. Hopefully in that order, more or less.
"Don't do that either. It makes you look like an overgrown baby. How old are you anyways? You got a name?"
Yondu glanced up suspiciously but finally braced himself to answer, hoping it'd spare him from a bad punishment, "D-dunno how o'd am, mas'er, but 'm called YU," his words were choppy and a bit hard to understand but Stakar got the gist. He supposed later he'd have to teach him how to talk right.
Stakar shook his head, "Don't-" he stopped then sighed, "I'm not your master, kid. You're free now. No chains. No collar. Never again will you be a slave. Just..... just call me captain, or sir..." he pleaded, "as for your name..... I'll have my first mate do some looking, see if we can find something better than just two letters."
Yondu blinked. He didn't understand much of what was told to him but it gave him a positive feeling in his chest, so, he nodded, "Yessir."
~ Kraglin was only 15. Still a teenager, but he couldn't let anyone on the ship know that. He was posing as an 18 year old, with the assistance of his tall stature and a fake ID. He'd only been aboard about two weeks and it went.... mostly smoothly. His foreman was a bit of a jerk but Kraglin dealt with worse on the streets of Xandar. He'd give anything to not go back there. He couldn't relive the terrible things that happened on that planet, more specifically, losing his mama. He had only been 7, and in order to survive, his life of crime began.
It wasn't his first time faking to be a different age than he was. Just a few, short years ago, he was pretending as an employee at a restaurant in order to have a decent meal, all up until he was caught and banned from the restaurant. Now that he bore the ravager flames though, he'd like to see them try to kick him out.
His thoughts were wandering as he made his way to the mess hall. It was finally his lunch break and he was starving.
Unfortunately, this meant he wasn't paying much attention, until he bumped into something or someone, sending him stumbling back a few steps. He almost snarked for the person to watch where they were going, even if he had been the one not watching, until he saw who exactly he bumped into.
Yondu Udonta. Stakar's prized youngest son with an extremely high kill count. The one who just had to whistle to end your life. The ship's second in command, though a lot of people knew it was mostly to keep an eye on the rather infuriating boy, it terrified Kraglin nonetheless. Even worse, this certain Yondu Udonta was glaring right at him, and if looks could kill, Kraglin would surely be slaughtered.
The meek, not exactly little Kraglin stumbled even further back, almost tripping over his feet. Mouth opening, then closing, the opening again, apologizies profusely falling out, "S-sorry Mr. Udonta, sir- super sorry," he winced away, fearing he'd be eye to eye with a yaka arrow here soon, "please don't hurt me! I-it won't happen again! I promise!" there was an anxious silence a few moments before Kraglin heard laughter. Hesitantly, he opened his eyes up again seeing Yondu cracking up at him.
"B-boy, you have any idea how pathetic and sad you look!? Were you about to p*ss your pants or something!?"
Blue flushed Kraglin's cheeks, he huffed annoyedly.
"That wasn't funny at all, sir!"
"I'd beg to differ," Yondu said with a snicker, then swung his arm around Kraglin's shoulders, having turned to face the same way he was, "what made you so scared, huh, rookie? You really think I'd kill ya?" he asked in amusement, starting to walk and thus forcing Kraglin to do the same.
Kraglin gulped, unsure if what he was about to say would be the correct answer, but he risked it anyways, "Y-yes...."
His embarrassment grew at Yondu laughing at him again, once he calmed, he offered a shark like smile, "Nah. Yer safe, rookie," he pinched Kraglin's cheek a bit roughly, "lucky for you, I like cute things. You and me, we's gonna get along just fine.
~ "C'mon Stakar, just lemme see the surprise already!" Yondu complained. He was awfully eager to kick Martinex's butt at some darts.
Stakar rolled his eyes fondly as he led his son figure to the hangar bay, "We're about there. Quit whining like a baby," he pressed in the code and the doors finally opened revealing all the M-ships. Yondu groaned, this was nothing new to him, until Stakar led him to a bigger ship. It was about two times the size of the m-ships here. Yondu furrowed his brows and looked at the admiral who just kept his gaze on the ship. 
"So, what are you gonna call her?" 
"Wh-what?" Yondu asked shocked, looking to the ship then back to his father figure, "Y-ya mean?" Stakar chuckled and nodded. 
"She's all yours. We're holding a meeting tonight, announcing you to be the 100th captain of the ravagers," he looked down to Yondu finally, smiling with pride, "congratulations, son," he rested a hand on his shoulder, "I'm extremely proud of you." 
Yondu was speechless but couldn't help but beam, taking them both by surprise, he hugged Stakar, nuzzling into his chest. He was going to be a captain. 
~ Yondu had been a captain a bit over two years now and it was all, honestly, going good. Kraglin was his first mate, he had his own crew of people he mostly trusted. Some ruder members had come along with him, but they got the job done so he wasn't going to complain. 
Suddenly, the main com of the ship started to buzz, but it wasn't a typical call going through making Yondu all the more confused. Then a voice, a female vice came through, "H-hello? Is anyone out there?" 
Yondu hesitated a moment but answered, "Sure is girly. You've contacted Yondu Udonta's ship. Ravager captain, this is him speaking." 
"Oh- oh my-" Yondu was waiting for the call to end out of fear but he was taken by surprise, "wow! That.... that's amazing! It's wonderful to speak to you, Mr. Yondu Udonta! I can't believe it worked for real! This is amazing!" 
Yondu was honestly still confused, he leaned into the pilot seat, "Now, might  I ask who you are, girly? Where are you even calling from? What exactly is working? Do ya need assistance or something?" 
"No, no assistance. Um... ok, so I'm Bonnabelle Scraps, but you can just call me Bonnie. Everyone does. I... I live on Earth, which is where I'm currently calling from. My... my grandmother made a space communicator. I had just found it and wanted to see if it works.... I'm just amazed it does. It hasn't been touched in quite a few years!" 
Yondu chuckled lightly. He found it funny how amazed Terrans were about finding out about other life forms in the galaxy, but he figured they were rare to see in the galaxy on other planets, "Well, yer in luck, girl. It sure does work," he looked at the time then back to the com and out the window finally, a small, humored smile pulling at his mouth, "ya got any questions? I'm currently piloting and it gets kinda lonesome without any company," maybe he could get used to this company. 
~ Yondu was excited. His life was really going swell. He still was a captain, Kraglin was still his first mate, none of his crew members have died yet, he still had his close friends, he was officially in a relationship with Bonnie after talking to her for about three months, and he currently had an easy job that would rake in big amounts of money. 
A celestial named Ego wanted him to pick up his child, a small also blue skinned boy with black hair and yellow eyes, with something similar to bunny ears on his head, they were also black. The little boy, only about 5, was named Derrial. His mother had mysteriously disappeared and so Ego wanted his son to be with him and safe. Kraglin was concerned about it disrupting the ravager code, specifically 'Ravagers don't deal in kids', but Yondu eased his first mate's conscious with the fact that they weren't selling them into slavery, Yondu would never let that happen to anyone, but that they were merely reuniting a child to his loving daddy. If Stakar asked about it, he fully planned to tell him the exact same. It really wasn't anything bad. Though Darrial seemed to think otherwise, cowering against the wall. He had been weeping surprisingly soft the fact hour or two, but he finally seemed to be losing his will to fight the situation. 
He sniffled, and finally, a soft, trembling voice came from him, "Wh-where are you taking me? I-I just wanna go h-home..." Yondu, for the sake of the frightened kid, offered a bright grin, chuckling. 
"We are gonna take ya home, boy. Yer daddy wants us to drop ya off to him." 
This seemed to grab Darrial's attention, "M-my daddy?" he asked still quietly but awe was there. Yondu nodded reassuringly. 
"Mmmhmmm, he wants ya to live with him since yer mama is.... well, ya know," he explained. Darrial whimpered at the thought of his dear mama but knowing he'd get to finally meet his daddy, he was feeling a lot calmer. 
"H-how long till we get there?" 
"Ummm..." he looked to Kraglin who was quickly working away, the captain was always amazed at how fast those slim fingers could work a holopad, he was a good pick for a first mate for sure, "hey, Krags, about how long we got?" 
Kraglin was silent a few moments before flicking to the map on the holopad, "Uh, less than a day, sir. Say about....... 22 hours," he replied. Yondu nodded looking to Darrial. 
"There ya have it. How about us three," he said, wrapping his arm around Kraglin's throat but not squeezing too tightly, "go get something to eat, then sleep, yeah?" 
Kraglin sighed but nodded as well as he could in his captain's arm hold, Darrial hesitated a moment, before finally nodding. 
Yondu didn't think there'd be much else cuter than Darrial sleeping all peacefully, but seeing how thrilled he was to see his father, well nothing could really top that. 
"Don't worry, Udonta, I will take good care of him," Ego reassured, petting Darrial's bunny like ears. 
~ Turned out, Yondu had been all wrong about Ego. The b*stered had been killing his own children. Yondu felt sick to even think about it. He had to change this though. He couldn't let the latest pick up Ego sent him on go through the same fate as his siblings. He refused it. 
"Ready for pick up, sir," Kraglin informed still uneasy. Yondu nodded. 
"Bring the kid up then," he said softly, he wanted to talk with Bonnie but he knew she'd be busy. One of her sisters recently had a little boy, Richie, so she was helping her care for him. He sighed a bit, looking back to his first mate, seeing the conflicted expression. He reached out and gently squeezed his hand. 
"Don't worry, we're done with him, ok, Krags?" he mumbled, "we ain't sending this one to him...." 
"What are we gonna do with him then, sir? Why can't we just leave him on his home?" Kraglin asked, voice almost pleading. Yondu sighed. 
"I dunno what we'll do with him, Krags, but we can't leave him where he is cause Ego will just send someone else to collect him then, and we wouldn't be doing a d*mn thing to break that cycle." 
It was Kraglin's turn to sigh, but he did thankfully seem to understand. They beamed the kid up and immediately, the scrawny little Terran who looked like he had already been crying beforehand, started freaking out. It took hours upon hours, almost even a few days, to get him to calm down, but once Yondu did so, he looked the kid over as he ate some fruit Tullk found and insisted on giving to the kid. The food did seem to be helping him though. He was already proving to be a handful, and Yondu genuinely feared the idea of the brat freaking out again, but Yondu knew he had to do this. 
"So, you got a name, twerp?" the boy glared at the name but huffed looking down with a little sniffle. 
"Peter.... Peter Quill.." Yondu nodded gently. 
"Well, Peter, nice to meet you. I'm Yondu Udonta, captain of this here ship. Now listen, you're here and yer here to stay, got me? So ya best quit with the crying and you and I will get along just fine, hear?" Peter offered no sign of hearing him, Yondu sighed but held something out to the boy, "and here, by the way. We found these in yer bag and they seem useless and unharmful," he held out some odd rectangle with headphones connected to them and a naked little pugey Terran looking doll with pink hair that stuck up. 
Peter's eyes lit up, eagerly taking the items, "My Walkman and troll doll," he gasped out delightedly, then he looked to Yondu, "thanks..." 
~ Yondu and Kraglin only had Peter about three months before any other or the ravager captain's found out. One who never was particularly too fond of Yondu, Bal, had seen Yondu with Peter on a planet, and immediately contacted Stakar. 
Needless to say, the admiral was furious. 
A meeting had been demanded and Yondu couldn't be anymore afraid. He was greatful Kraglin was going with him. It wasn't necessary for first mate's to join their captain's to meetings but Kraglin had a bad feeling about this one too, so, he wanted to tag along. Yondu looked around the walls of Starhawk, the ship he essentially grew up on once freed from a life of slavery. This didn't feel like a safe home anymore, but he oped the meeting would change that feeling. This was where his family was, but the dread only grew once he saw Stakar's cold glare. Everyone else was there, including Aleta, who was usually late. He didn't get the usual smile, instead, she seemed almost seemed hurt, an expression he rarely ever saw on er except when she talked about John, Sita, and Terra, her and Stakar's first three kids. 
"Yondu Udonta," Stakar's voice stated, cold and hateful, drawing the red eyes up to him, it took of Yondu's willpower to not cower underneath the glare, "on account of breaking the ravager code of dealing in children, you are hereby exiled from the ravagers. No longer will you fly under the ravager name, no longer are you a captain under our status. Whenever you pass, the colors of Ogord will certainly not fly over your grave." 
Those words stabbed right into Yondu's heart, he stared at Stakar pleadingly, hoping he would hear him out, hoping he would give him a chance to explain, "You all are dismissed," mumbles from the other ravager captains came all around the room, disgust and hatred in their tones, but he wasn't focused on that, oh no, he was rushing after Stakar and Aleta who got up and left the room silently. He even accidentally left Kraglin behind in the crowd, but right now, he couldn't care less, he needed to reach them, the only parental figures he had in his life, to profess is innocence. 
"Stakar! Stakar, wait, wait a moment, just let me explain!" he pleaded frantically. 
"Don't talk to me, Yondu. Get your *ss off my ship. I've said what I needed to and it's done. It's over," Stakar commanded with no sense of mercy or a chance. Aleta did look back at him though, sadness in her eyes. It was killing Yondu. 
"Stakar, it wasn't what it looked like, I swear, please, just let me-" 
"I said leave!" Stakar boomed looking to Yondu finally, a cold and equally hurt glare on is face. Yondu allowed himself to slightly wince away. 
"Do ya really think I'd sell kids to slavery? After what I've been through? You got it all wrong. I can make this right if you will just listen to me!" 
"I don't want to listen to anything you have to say! I'm done with you! I should've just left you there chained on that ship!" Yondu froze up at those words, that hurt, a lot. He looked down, stopping his attempts to walk towards is parents, stopping his attempts to have them hear him out. Instead, he looked up, trying to conceal the tears that threatened to blur his vision. 
"Fine, ya know what? Who f*cking needs ya!? I sure as h*ll don't! I don't need no one! I can take care of myself! F*ck you both! I'll make my own name and it'll be thousands time better than the sh*t you pull off!" he shouted, finally turning away, going to find and collect Kraglin and return to the ship. By the time he found Kraglin he had tears tracking is cheeks. 
Kraglin was understandably concerned and alarmed, but neither really knew what to do but to return to the ship in tense, almost afraid and sad silence. 
~ Yondu groaned as Peter followed him, "For the last time, boy, you ain't coming with me!" Peter was nearly 15 now and growing to be an annoying pain in Yondu's rear. 
"Come on! I wanna meet the girl you talk to!" he pleaded, but Kraglin stepped in, supporting his captain, of course. 
"Pete, cap'n already told ya, no means no. He already told ya he'd take you and me another time. This first time though, he needs to go alone," Peter took his turn to groan. 
"Keep that up and I just won't bring ya at all," he warned, flicking Peter's ear, "now, scram. I gave ya plenty of things to do, but I can add more if yer suddenly done," Peter groaned a second time but went off to do the sucky tasks assigned to him. Yondu glanced the Kraglin over his shoulder. 
"Ya sure you'll be fine with the ship? I can stay and, ya know, help if ya need me to." 
"The ship will be fine. The crew will be fine. Pete will be fine. It ain't my first nor my last time being in charge, sir. You ain't getting out of going to meet this gal. You've been talking to her d*mn near seven years. It's about time you two see each other face to face. Ya don't even know what she looks like at this point. Neither of ya are getting any younger." 
Yondu groaned but he was right, of course he was right. He was always right. I mean he was getting close to his late 30's now and Bonnie was already 26. He finally got to the m-ship of his own, "Ok, but com me if anything goes wrong." 
Kraglin snorted but nodded, "Yes sir. You stay safe and please, try to enjoy yerself," Yondu nodded slightly. With nerves still growing from his stomach to his chest, he climbed in the m-ship, got it started, typed in the coordinates Bonnie gave him, and off he went. 
He landed the ship in a woodland area near where Bonnie's home was and he walked the rest of the way. Once he saw the home, he felt his heart flutter, but he wasn't sure if that was good or bad, honestly. He held his breath and approached. Once close enough, he knocked. Thankfully a female answered. First step, check. 
The woman had red, wavy hair that reached about her shoulders, she had blue eyes with almost a hint of purple to them, she had her ear pierced up towards the top, and faint freckles dotting her nose only. Yondu wouldn't lie, he hoped this was indeed who he was supposed to meet, sure enough, his hopes were answered as the woman smiled a bit, "Yondu... is that you.... really you?" 
"Sure is, Bonnie, it's nice to finally meet you," Bonnie gave a delighted little, short laugh, he expected it was from jumbled nerves coming out finally. It made him smile a bit himself. 
"It's- it's great to finally meet you too. Come on in. I made some food, I'm sure the travel here was long, we can talk some more while we eat." 
~ It's two years later when he finally allows himself to bring Peter and Kraglin to meet Bonnie. They appraoched the house, but Yondu stopped them a bit aways from it. Peter whined a bit. For a 17 year old, he still could act like an utter child. 
"Yondu, come on! The house is right there! We already waited long enough, and you already prep talked us a lot on the m-ship!" 
"Pipe down, boy, there's one more thing I gotta tell ya both," Yondu took in a deep breath, then let it out, glancing to the two, "as ya two may know, I've been visiting Bon a lot more here lately," Kraglin nodded, at least once every two months, "well, there's a reason behind that, and a reason why I thought it's time ya two met her. Bonnie and I.... we got... engaged. We're due to be married this weekend..... Peter, I want you to be the ring bear and Krags.... my best man." 
They both were stunned, "Dude! Why would you wait so long to tell us that!?" Peter demanded, "And better yet, why am I the ring bear? I'm not some little kid ya know." 
"But ya sure as h*ll act enough like one," Yondu retorted, "I couldn't exactly just say it around the crew. Now's better than not at all telling ya!" he then looked to Kraglin, "Krags, what do ya say?" 
Kraglin hesitated a moment before nodding, "Of course, sir. Would be honored," Yondu smiled a bit at him and nodded too. 
"Alright, well, let's get going then. Bonnie's been dying to meet ya two for years," he mumbled. Once there, he knocked as he always did. Bonnie was quick to answer, smiling a bit at her soon to be husband. 
"You made it!" 
"Sure did and I brought two people here that it's high time you met," he stepped slightly aside, "Bon, this is my first mate, Kraglin Obfonteri, and my," he paused to snicker, "uh, my cabin boy, Peter Quill." 
"Hey!" Peter protested, "I upgraded from cabin boy forever ago!" 
Bonnie laughed softly but held her hand out to Kraglin who smiled a bit awkwardly, but took it and shook her hand, "Well it is certainly great to meet you two. I tried to convince Yondu to bring you two over sooner. I've been looking forward to meeting two of the most important people in his life," she released Kraglin's hand and walked inside, calling as she did, "you boys come in and get comfortable, I've got soup just about finished. We can all chat and get to know each other better then." 
Kraglin blinked, soup? It was his favorite. Well, maybe Bonnie wasn't really that bad for Yondu after all. 
~ "You're always breathing down my neck!" Peter shouted. 7 years passed and the boy, tall boy, he surpassed Yondu in height, and he was now getting somewhat close to 30 years old. Yondu rolled his eyes angrily. 
"If ya wouldn't f*ck up as much, if you'd act yer age, I wouldn't have to!" he shouted back. Fighting. That was all they seemed to do anymore. 
"Oh f*ck you, you old, blue idiot!" Peter barked, walking away, Yondu followed him with narrowed eyes. 
"The h*ll ya think yer goin' boy?" he called. 
"Away! Away from here and more importantly, you!" 
"Oh no you ain't," he growled, grabbing Peter's coat collar, yanking him backwards, "where yer gonna go is straight to yer room. No leaving, no missions, nothin. Got me?" 
Peter's face burned, partly in embarrassment, partly in anger, "Y-you're grounding me!?" he sputtered. 
Yondu grinned like a shark, "Sure seems that way, huh?" he shoved Peter the opposite way, the direction to his room. 
"Yondu! You can't be serious! You can't freaking ground me! I'm 24! I'm too old for that stupid kid stuff!" he shouted. 
"Best get yerself going boy, less ya want a whoopin on top of that," he warned. Peter's face glowed a hotter red and he growled before stomping off to his room. Yondu snorted a bit, shaking his head. 
"Need headache medicine after all that," he grumbled. 
Yondu hoped grounding would set Peter straight, it worked decently when he was younger, so why not now? Apparently, the kid was feeling rebellious because this was the sixth time he knocked on Peter's door, "Last chance, Quill! Open up now or so help me, you'll be face to face with my arrow boy!" he shouted. Suddenly, his personal com binged, he growled but pulled it out. A message from Kraglin. 
'Uhh, sir, did ya give Milano permission to leave at 2 in the morning?' 
'Course I didn't! That's stupid!' he sent back frustratedly. It took a moment but the message finally sunk into Yondu. He quickly typed in the pass code and entered the room, sure enough everything, including Peter was gone. Yondu didn't know exactly how to feel. All he knew was, just like his parental figures, his boy had left him too, high and dry. 
~ A year passed since Peter left, Yondu was visiting Bonnie, she was a great source of happiness for Yondu, honestly, so he allowed himself a bit of a longer vacation, three weeks. He was sitting at the dining table, reading what he could of the newspaper. He struggled enough to read in common Xandarian, slaves weren't allowed to read, so Terran was mumbo jumbo. He was waiting for Bonnie to join him. He had been worried about her, she had been throwing up nearly every morning the past few days. 
Bonnie entered finally, hair a mess, her eyes were wide and locked on something she was holding in her hands, Yondu arched a brow, "Hey, what ya got there, darlin?" 
"Um.." Bonnie mumbled, voice starting to waver but she finally looked up to him, seeing tears in her eyes, he quickly sat down the paper, starting to walk to her. 
"Hey, hey, baby girl, what's a matter?" he mumbled, hugging her once he was next to her. He surveyed the thing she was holding. It was a stick and had two pink lines in the center of it. 
"Really. What is that? Is it bad news? You ain't dying, are ya?" he asked panicked. Bonnie choked on a laugh and a sob, but shook her head. 
She wiped her cheek as a tear slid down, and smiled, "No... um... Yondu... this.... this is a pregnancy test... those two lines means... we're gonna have a baby.... I-I'm pregnant with your baby.." Yondu could hardly believe what he was hearing. 
"Wh-what? A baby?" 
Bonnie finally let out a sobbish, laugh but she wore a smile nonetheless as she nodded, "Yes, a baby, our baby, Yondu!" 
It wasn't hard to figure out that Terran pregnancies were different than the Centraurian ones. Still, he was determined to stay with her, the whole, long, 9 months that she carried their new little baby. He couldn't just leave his crew high and dry though. 
Later that night, while Bonnie was making dinner, Yondu sighed, he pressed Kraglin's contact and waited for him to pick up. It didn't take long for him to. 
"Sir, is everything alright?" 
Yondu chuckled, "More than alright, but uh.... I'm gonna have to stay here a bit longer than I was expecting to...." 
Kraglin furrowed his brows, "Why? Your ship busted or something? We can come down and fix it, sir, no problems-" 
"No.... no. It's nothing to do with the ship. Um... Bonnie found out this morning that she's..... she's pregnant. With my baby." 
Kraglin's eyes widened a bit, "Wh-what?" he mumbled. Yondu chuckled and nodded. 
"I was as bewildered as you, boy, but, uh.... I... I'm gonna stay wit' her, through the pregnancy. It's gonna be a while, but I.... I really wanna meet my boy, Krags.... I...." 
Kraglin smiled gently, understandingly, as he nodded, "It's ok, sir. Tullk, Horuz, and I can man the ship. You just better let us know when the little buggar gets here." 
Yondu chuckled, "Don't worry, ya three will be the first to know," he assured. 
"Do..... do ya want me to tell Quill?" 
Yondu froze up at that, considering a moment, before shaking his head, "Nah.... nah. The boy's busy and I doubt he'd wanna see me..." he paused then added, to make himself feel better and get rid of the pang in his heart, "and I don't wanna see him," that only seemed to make it worse but Kraglin didn't push it any further, just simply nodding. 
"Yes sir." 
~ It took nearly two hours, but there the baby was, laying in a little crib like bed near Bonnie's. The new mother's parents, two sisters, and brother already came through and fussed over the baby. Bonnie was exhausted, Yondu just watched the tiny, wiggling, bundled up mass in the bed, waiting for his buddies to come. 
"You aren't gonna hurt him, you know," Bonnie mumbled, tiredly. She was trying again to get Yondu to hold the baby but he was honestly petrified to. 
"Bon..." he mumbled, "look at him. He's so tiny. I could crush him with no effort. I don't wanna hurt him so I'm just gonna leave him be." 
"He needs to know his father, honey." 
Yondu sighed, shaking his head, "And you need sleep. Get some rest. I'll watch the squirt and when ya wake up, the fellas should be here." 
"Who all is coming?" she asked, rubbing her eye. Yondu smiled fondly, amusedly. 
"Tullk, Horuz, Krags, and Oblo." 
Bonnie glanced to him, "No Peter? Surely he'd like to know he's a big brother," she suggested lightly, but there was truth behind it. 
Yondu forced his smile to stay and shook his head, "The boy'll find out eventually, I'm sure. He's got his own group now, after all. Calls themselves the 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. Too long of a name if ya ask me." 
Bonnie snorted, then yawned, "I knew he'd grow up to do something great." 
Yondu chuckled softly and kissed her forehead, "Yeah.... now... you get some sleep, ok?" Bonnie hesitated but nodded. 
"Just.... shake me if you.... need me..." she mumbled, voice fading off till she was asleep. Yondu chuckled again and settled himself into his seat next to his wife's hospital bed bed, in front of his baby's bed. He didn't understand why she was so insistent on him holding the baby. He could admire the sweet little thing from here without fear of hurting him. Until the baby started to fuss, and the fusses and whines quickly became cries. Yondu was quick himself to get up. He didn't want Bonnie woken up when she just got to sleep. He stood over the baby's little bed, seeing him squirm. 
"Hey, hey, pipsqueak. Shhhh, it's ok. No need for all that crying, yeah? What's got ya in tears? Can ya settle down for papa? Please?" despite the attempts, Vito only continued to sob unhappily. Yondu groaned under his breath but slowly lifted the baby boy up and into his arms. This seemed to be what Vito wanted as the wails turned to whimpers and whines and little bluish, purple eyes opened up at him. Yondu felt everything around him practically freeze. He felt himself smile back down at the baby boy who started to coo to him past the pacifier in his mouth, and even gave a little smile. Yondu chuckled softly, moving back to his chair to sit down.
"I see, ya just wanted papa to hold ya, huh? Was mama right? Was she?" he softly asked, gently tickling his stomach making Vito squeal and giggle softly, one little mittened hand snatching the collar of Yondu's red coat. He smiled a little bit. 
It took a few hours for the crew to get there, but once they did, they were all extremely delighted to see their captain. 
"Aww, sir, he's so cute," Oblo gushed happily. Tullk chuckled a little bit at this, sitting at the edge of Bonnie's bed. 
"Handsome lil nugget ya two got there, and how're you doing, Miss Bonnabelle?" he hummed gently. Bonnie smiled softly. 
"Aw, thank you Tullk, he honestly looks a lot like Yondu so I'm not surrpsied. I'm a lot more refreshed Tullk, and even better, I woke to the sight of Yondu finally holding Vito." 
"Awww, how sweet," Horuz called mockingly, for his corner of the room where he stood as his grumpy self. Yondu rolled his eyes but glanced at Kraglin who looked at baby Vito inquiringly and curiously. He felt his joy grow knowing that his first mate was already fascinated with the baby boy. 
"Yeah, yeah. It's about to get sweeter cause it's Kraglin's turn to hold him." 
Kraglin looked up in alarm. He never held a baby before, never even really been around a baby, "W-what?" 
"Yeah," Yondu nodded, picking up baby Vito who cooed excitedly at being in his papa's arms again, "hold yer arms out boy," Yondu instructed. 
"S-sir, I don't think-" 
"What is up with you ravager men and holding babies?" Bonnie lightly teased, "Go ahead, Kraglin, he'd love it." 
"He'd love... it?" Kraglin repeated, still hesitant but after a moment, he finally held his arms out just as his captain had instructed him before. Yondu gently placed the baby in his arms. 
"Support his head," Bonnie gently cautioned, Tullk came over and helped him, well used to holding babies from his own past life. Vito fussed the first few moments in his arms. 
"Hey now, baby, what's all that about?" Yondu playfully cooed to the infant, Vito fussed a few moments more, wiggling about before getting settled and calmed. Kraglin looked down amazed, he slowly put a smile on his face, bouncing Vito gently. 
"Hey... hey little man..."
~ Yondu had stayed three days, so had Kraglin and everyone else, but then they had to leave, well, Yondu insisted they did, but they all understood why. He wasn't going to let anyone, none of the countless enemies he developed over his years, hurt his wife or his son.  It was for that reason that he didn't really visit much either, still, he kept tabs on them. Whenever they had time, Bonnie and he would chat over the communicator that had started their love over 13 years ago. However a new voice came on today. 
"Yondu...?" it wasn't Bonnie so it took Yondu a moment to realize, it was Bonnie's older sister, Velma. This sent worry all throughout Yondu's body but he quickly answered, trying to not seem panicked. 
"Hey Vel.... what's goin' on?" 
"I....I uh.... don't know how to say this..." she started, it was then Yondu took note of the sadness in her tone. It only made his worry intensify. 
"What.... what happened? Is Bonnie and Vito ok?" 
Velma choked on a cry before it finally slipped through. Though Yondu couldn't see it, Velma shook her head, "No..... No, um..... Bonnie, she..... she's passed, Yondu.." 
Yondu felt his heart clench up, his head dipped down. He felt like crying but he couldn't let himself. He had his crew still there. Not directly in the room, but still. After a few minutes of sad silence and Velma's quieted sobs, she spoke up again. 
"She..... she left a message for you though..." there was a moment then a little click was heard and Bonnie's voice came through the communicator, Yondu felt chills run up and down his spine hearing it. 
"Yondu..... oh my space dork..." she laughed weakly, "I don't know how to say this, but I really don't know how much longer I have. I'm sure you have qu-quest-" Bonnie had to pause to cough, then a mumble of her seeming to deny something then continued talking to Yondu, "I'm sure you have questions.... I was in an accident on the way to work.... they have me stabilized for now but the injuries are pretty bad..... they're giving me a week tops.... that being said, when I do pass, one of my family members will contact you... and....... I-I want you to take Vito with you, to live with you..... I want him to know you and I know you'll take good care of our sweet little man...." another cough, a raspy breath, "apart from that, I want you to know I love you. I've always loved you. You are the only man I've ever wanted and I'll never stop loving you. D-don't let this stop you, though, ok? I want you happy, I want you to be loved the way you deserve to be...... and I know you can find it again, after time. I know it.... good bye, Yon, thank you for years and years of happiness..." 
Yondu felt tears running down his cheeks as her voice disappeared, "Wh-when did-" he couldn't seem to get the words out. 
Velma understood though, thankfully, "A little over a hour ago.... we would've called sooner but he had to get a grip of ourselves and Vito..... the funeral's at 6 in a four days so we can get everything set up and settled. We made it late so that you could make it. Her friends are going to come a few hours earlier and then we'll have an all family one. Please come, Yondu. I know she didn't ask you to, but I think she'd really want you to, and...... and Vito would too....."
Yondu hesitated but nodded. I'll be there. Don't you worry. I won't disappoint them." 
~ Four days later, Yondu stood with Bonnie's weeping family. He kept his distance because he just couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe his wife was dead. Still, there was a tombstone with the name "Bonnabelle Grace Scraps" engraved on it, next to it, "Davin Richard Scraps", Bonnie's youngest brother who tragically died at the young age of 12, then finally, "Benjamin Winston Smith Scraps", Bonnie's father who passed about 7 years ago. 
There were two more in the distance, "Cornelius Augustus Scraps", her grandfather and "Bethany Madeline Scraps" her grandmother, the two people Yondu had to thank for meeting over the same communicator Bonnie used to contact him with, marrying and having Bonnie's mother. 
Speaking of her,  Vito was with his grandmother. He didn't want to approach and make the situation worse for the sobbing boy, or scare him, so he'd wait for Bonnie's mother to decide it was time. She waited till the end of the ceremony, Yondu somewhat detested that fact since he was silently crying now himself. Great first impression for his son. Still, after he rubbed his eyes he took a good look at the 13 year old. 
He currently had his chip activated, something Yondu instilled in him before he left, so the boy would fit in with the Terran children. He had white skin with a red tint, looking like a sun burn, blue eyes and the same red hair as his mother. Yondu sucked in a breath and subtly switched the chip off ruining the illusion and showing the boy's true, light blue skin, lavender eyes, and still red hair, though it matched Yondu's fin color now. Even Bonnie's mother smiled seeing the boy's true form. 
"Nice to finally meet ya son..... I know it's been a while, but I'm yer papa, and yer mama asked me to take care o' you...... and that's exactly what I'm gonna do." 

(A/N 3: Finally done. I'm super glad I was able to have it done today because I was super excited for you all to be able to read this! I hope it isn't way too sad but now you all have some insight as to why the characters maybe the way they are slightly. I'm actually pretty proud of this. Another shout out to Dad-Of-Pupper (tagged three chapters in row, lucky you XD) for the section of Yondu and Kraglin's first meeting. Like I told you all, Kraglin's younger age is from a fanfic I love to read, but the idea of them bumping into each other actually came from a little space Vito rp we did a while back. It was a bit tweeked but still! 
Now on to why I want you all to read this A/N. I've thought hard about a second book to this and if I do that when would be a good time to stop this one. Better yet, what will the second book entail and last night I made up my mind. This book will end when Vito gets his memories back, then the second will pick up from there with an idea I had for this one, as well as Kraglin and Yondu's revenge on Dominique. Other stuff too but I'll plan them out when I get there or if you all want, you can throw out ideas you'd like to see in it. 
Any case, it will be called No Vito and I plan to work on it directly after I finish the last chapter of this book and publish them together.
That being said, this book still has a few more chapters to do, but not a lot. I just wanted you all to be aware so you could keep up with the story directly after! Thank you all for reading and enjoying, or I hope you enjoyed this roller coaster of a chapter ( 8,348 words total!) and I hope you all have a great day/night!!)