No. No. No. No. No. (45)

Vito sniffled again but finally started to explain, "H-he twy to date m-mama....." Yondu's heart constricted at those words but he didn't panic, he trusted his previous wife, he knew she never took another lover apart from himself. Still, he did know men tried, they'd be stupid not to, a small, still hurting part of his heart thought the world of Bonnie.
Thankfully, Vito's next words fully eased his father, "Mama say n-no to him....." then the worry sprung right back, "he not wike dat.... a-and he not wike me. H-he'd gwab mama and yeww a wot. When we awound ofer people, he be nice b-but when it jus us, he yeww 'gain a-and push me and puww my haiw and hit my head. Mama hit him sometimes but den he say he gonna caww da po'ice and dey take mama to jaiw s-so she 'top."
Yondu gritted his teeth, he had to wonder how long this went on but Vito was not in a state to answer that, he wouldn't remember, which only made him more angry. He also subconsciously questioned if that was what caused Vito's reaction to yelling when he did it. It was something he had to ask about when the boy's memories came back.
"Did- er does he do anything else?"
Vito paused again at this, staring at Yondu with sad lavender eyes, finally, he mumbled, "H-he say you no want me. Dat you weft me and mama and not eber come back, d-dat-" Vito started to get choked up all over again, lip wobbling, still, he sat up a bit taller, trying to soldier through, "dat I jus big scew up and dat I make mama a-and you angwy dat n-neifer you wan me a-and dat I gonna be put up fow 'doption ow weft wif him one way and......dat I da weason you w-we-weave," anger swelled up in Yondu's heart at this. He shook his head, Vito was crying again. This certainly cleared up some of Vito's reactions and behavior.
"Son, I'm gonna sit up next to ya, ok?" he informed gently as to not frighten the little, he wasn't sure if Vito was as cautious as he was when he first came on the ship but right now he'd rather not risk it. He carefully rose to his full height then sat next to Vito on the medical bed.
He explained it to Vito before he lost his memory, before he discovered his little space, but how would he explain it now?
"I didn't leave because of you," he started, it felt like the best place to start, "it was to protect you and your mama. I didn't want someone to come hurt ya two..... I loved you, I loved your mother, I couldn't stand the thought of someone hurting you two..... I never knew that this man.... hurt you two though," it was true, another thought bugging Yondu's mind was why Vito hadn't brought it up before?
Vito sniffled, he hesitated but moved closer, nuzzling against him though it didn't last long because it hurt Vito to move too much.
"It ok papa...."
Yondu sighed softly, looking down to Vito, heart still hurting, refueled anger burning inside him but he couldn't seem to bring it out in his eyes, instead a gentleness was there, "How would your mama soothe you, boy?"
"She howd me and pay wif my haiw," Yondu nodded, wrapping his arm gently around him and used the same hand to mess with his hair. Vito quickly relaxed against him. Yondu hesitated a moment longer before starting to softly hum You Are My Sunshine. Sure enough, with it all, Vito's eyes fluttered shut. Yondu couldn't help but smile a little bit at this and chuckle, this was much better. He quickly messaged the medic to come back in. They had waited long enough and Vito would be easier to care for while asleep.
Seeing all the injuries though only made Yondu angrier. There were more cuts and bruises along Vito's back, his right foot was broken, thank goodness they hadn't let him walk, his stomach was a painful shade of light purple, he was relieved to learn that it was nothing major, and his rear and legs were likely the worst part. They'd have to be extra careful with diaper changes now. There were blisters and cuts and the medic was fairly sure Vito had a yeast infection. Yondu was extremely grateful he had cream to help Vito with it.
It really hurt to see the boy afterwards, all bandaged up, but Yondu preferred it to all the wounds he had. Kraglin wandered back in, after a few hours, looking a bit better.
"Hi darlin," Yondu mumbled, taking his hand and gently squeezing it, "ya got plenty of rest?"
Kraglin nodded slowly, "As much as I could, sir," he couldn't stop his eyes from falling on to Vito and the first mate's heart broke all over again. The only comfort he saw was that he was peacefully sleeping.
Yondu followed his gaze and gently squeezed his hand again, "Its ok to cry, Krag, just let it out before the boy wakes up," he mumbled encouragingly. Kraglin bit his lip but a whimper left him and soon a few tears slipped out too.
"Wh-why couldn't we protect him f-from this, Yondu?"
Yondu shook his head, sighing, "Don't blame yourself, Kraglin. It wasn't yer fault at all, if anyone's, its mine..... I know I've screwed up a lot the past few weeks and now its hurt you and our boy," he lowered his head. Yondu felt like a failure, like he couldn't do a thing right.
First he betrayed Stakar's trust and got exiled. He screwed up majorly with Peter. He left his wife and child. He eventually took that child with him and that led to the death of his wife. He pushed too hard on that kid and eventually led to him running off and getting kidnapped and because of that, the kid and his new lover were both hurting. It seemed Yondu only left a trail of misery wherever he went.
He was surprised to feel a hand cup his cheek, he looked up to see it was Kraglin's hand leading to Yondu meeting his still watery eyes.
"You can't beat yourself up over it either," he whispered, voice still a bit sad, "you messed up, sure, but we all do. What...... what matters is we got him back, its all gonna be ok..... ok?"
Yondu chuckled weakly but nodded, "That means that you can't beat yourself up over it either," he gently cautioned.
Kraglin smiled a bit, nodding and whispering, voice the slightest bit sad still, "Yes sir...."
"Good boy," Yondu whispered back. He looked down to Vito then to the clock on the wall and smiled a little bit more.
"Its late, I'll get our boy and we'll go to our room and cuddle like we usually do."
Kraglin tensed, furrowing his brows, "But.... sir....... he's not gonna remember me...."
Yondu dismissed it with the shake of his head carefully lifting Vito up in a cradling position, "Dontcha worry about that, I have something in mind that'll help that till he does remember."
Kraglin was curious and unsure but he nodded regardless, heading to the bedroom with Yondu behind him with their baby boy. Once in the room, it was just as Yondu promised, Vito comfortably laid and slept between them and the first time in a week, the family slept fairly well together again.

(A/N: Ok so like if you all have any questions about the time line of this story, feel free to ask me. It was really choppy at first but now I have it solidly in my head. If theres anything else you all want to know about the characters or the book also feel free to ask. Also, the yeast infection is not from what they typically are. When planning this, I did research and it is very possible for babies, even male babies, to get a yeast infection if left in a wet diaper too long due to the moisture of the wet diaper. I wanna say thank you to those who comment and vote it seriously boosts my mood so much, I appreciate each and every comment and vote. I have a decent idea of what to do after the amnesia so I hope you all enjoy and prepare for upcoming fluff! Have an amazing day/night!!!!)