No. No. No. (43)

Kraglin furrowed his brows lightly, his hand dropping from shock. He paused a moment before explaining, baffled by the question, "Sweetie, it's.... I'm.. daddy, o-or mama, y-you know who I am baby boy. I work with your papa."
Vito shook his head slowly, it hurt to try and do it too quickly, "N-not my mama. M-my mama haf wed haiw a-an bwue eyshe. A-an my papa weave! Weave when I ity bity!" he insisted, lip trembling slightly.
Yondu came in, sliding his arrow into its holster, "The boy ok?" he asked, stepping closer to the two. Kraglin looked over his shoulder, for the second time today, he looked about ready to cry.
Yondu frowned confused. They found Vito and, sure, the kid was hurt, but he was breathing and that was the important part, everything else would heal. The next words made it all painfully clear.
"H-he doesn't remember us, Yondu..."
"What?" Yondu barked unintentionally, making Vito wince, immediately Yondu quieted back down, kneeling next to Kraglin, "A'right. A'right. Whatcha mean he don't remember us?"
Kraglin looked back to his little boy, tears were in Vito's eyes too and confusion clearly lingered there. 
"I mean... he...." Kraglin sighed softly, rubbing his eye lids with his fingers as if it'd make his own tears disappear, "exactly as I said it, s-sir.."
Yondu looked to Vito. He understood what Kraglin was saying but couldn't wrap his mind around it. It was some kind of joke, right? It couldn't had really happened, right?
"Hey, son, what's the last thing you remember?" Yondu asked softly.
Vito gave an uncomfortable whimper, "H-hewe."
"No, no. Before here," Yondu explained, "what.... what do you remember before here? How old are you?"
Vito whimpered again, scanning around with his eyes as if looking for someone or something in specific.
"M-mama," he whimpered out pitifully, finally, then added, "w-wanna see hew, w-want my mommy!" another wail left Vito, despite the fact the little's throat ached.
The captain and first mate traded looks, genuinely unsure of what to do with the situation. They couldn't so easily take Vito to Bonnie, not without upsetting him more at least, and causing him more confusion, so they had to work with what they could.
"Ok... hey, hey, settle down, listen to me," Yondu coaxed, Vito gave another weak cry but he looked to him with a small sniffle, "I'm your papa. Your mama thought it'd be best for you to be with me for a little while. Ok? So, we're gonna getcha out of here and getcha on.... er- in my home, ok? Lest-ther is there waitin' for ya, ya wanna see him?"
Vito sniffled again but nodded regardless, "U-uh huh, wanna see him."
"Ok. Just sit there while ma- uh, my friend here, unties ya, then, he's gonna carry ya ok?"
Vito hiccupped pitifully but nodded slightly. Kraglin started to untie Vito, he couldn't bring himself to do it too quickly though. As soon as he had him free of the chains that confined him before, he gently lifted him up, holding him close, rubbing his back.
Kraglin was relieved Vito at least clung to him with his little whimpers, it made things a little bit easier but his heart broke that he couldn't really comfort him the way he wanted to.
He and Yondu headed back to the ship, Kraglin holding Vito close but gentle, "Hey sweetie?" he gently cooed, Vito sniffled but looked up, "We're gonna take you to someone that can help your owies, ok?"
Vito gave a frightened whine and nuzzled into Kraglin with another soft cry racking his body. Kraglin nodded gently, rubbing his back gently.
"Shhhh, it's ok lovie.... how old are you sweetie? Can you tell us?" he cooed gently.
Vito sniffled a bit, peeking out hesitantly but held up two fingers, though he mumbled out, "Twee."
Yondu winced, of course the boy would want his mommy then, he definitely wasn't there in his life at that point. He only hoped this wouldn't last too long.
Once back on the ship, they took Vito straight to the medic as Kraglin promised. Vito clung to Kraglin at the sight of the medical room, and even more so at the Elector's medic. He was an, ironically, sickly yellow color with green sploches along his arms, back, and face. He was a chubby alien with stubby legs and lacked hair apart from his beard. He was a rather lazy man but he knew his medical things and it wasn't exactly like Yondu could afford another medic after the exile and not many actual doctors wanted to join a band of space pirates. 
"Noooo," Vito whined, trying to move himself closer to Kraglin and away from the medic, had it not been for the current situation, Kraglin would've swooped in and protected him but the wounds needed to be looked at and, deep down, he knew Vito was only hiding into him because he was holding him, not because he trusted him, which hurt his heart a great deal. Eventually, though, they got Vito to sit down, but the temper tantrum wasn't quite over. 
As soon as the medic came even close to him, Vito burst into tears, had he not been covered in wounds, they suspected he would've been wiggling around too. Yondu sighed, right now he had to handle this alone because while Vito may not know him, he knew of him, the captain knew that much and while he was sure Bonnie mentioned Kraglin to the boy, he was family. Thus, he kneeled down in front of Vito, keeping a gentle gaze but rather stern tone. 
"Hey, hey now. What's all this blubbering fer? Hmm? You ain't got no need to be wailing like somebody cut yer leg off," Kraglin almost scolded Yondu for such blunt words, for putting such imagines in their baby's fragile mind, he was bound to be much more protective now, but Vito answered which stopped him because, apparently it was indeed effective. 
"Y-you pomise dat I get 'Es-fer when we h-hewe," Vito whimpered out with a sniffle. 
Yondu scoffed amusedly, "All that fussin' for a little toy bear?" he shook his head but looked to Kraglin, "Go get Lest-ther, will you?" the first mate nodded quickly, going off, eager and just wanting to soothe Vito in anyway he could. 
"Sir? Heard commontion, everything alright?" Tullk asked with Oblo not too far behind. Upon seeing Vito, Oblo rushed forward as Tullk watched on in surprise, approaching more slowly and cautiously.
"Aw! Little buddy! I'm happy they found you! We were so worried and look at you! You're all hurt!" Oblo exclaimed, hugging him.
Vito whimpered and started to cry from fear at the two strangers, one hugging him no less. Yondu sighed, yeah, he really hoped this wouldn't last too long. 

(A/N: Super sorry to keep you all waiting longer than I said I would, I really did intend to have it out sooner but life has been blah and busy and I've been working on another book about little space called "You Want Me To Be A Baby Wayne?" but I'm back and I'm probably gonna work on this one a bit more now when I have free time cause I kinda forgot what was happening in this book but as soon as I relooked and rememebered I instantly got interested again so I may update again this weekend or sometime next week, especially since this book is still my go to for little space and I really need little space right now, so, I hope you all enjoyed and I know I said this before but if you all have any suggestions of what you want to see during this amnesia part specifically please let me know, I hope you all have an amazing day/night and stay as the super great people you are!)