No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. (18)

Yondu moved papers frantically around on his desk, he still had about 15 minutes to meet them but he needed all the time he could get. He had the picture of him and Bonnie the day Vito was born, the only picture in Vito's childhood which included him in it. Bonnie had also given him a copy of Vito's birth certificate, in case of emergencies, and this was certainly an emergency.
"Sir?" Horuz asked reaching his captain's room.
"Can't ya see I'm busy?? What do you want?" he barked, the panic was making him extremely grumpy.
13 more minutes.
"I just came to see if ya got my message, Captain Stakar Ogord-"
"Yes, yes, I'm very well aware," Yondu stated, "He called me too," Horuz felt a bit more nervous.
Being a ravager for so long, Horuz was a hard man to make unsure, but when your boss's ex-boss, who swore he'd never contact again, goes back on his word after a near 26 years, well, he'd dare to ask who would not worry.
"What was he wanting?" a drawer slammed shut, Yondu sighed tiredly, worriedly shifting through papers again.
"He has Vito," he finally grumbled, now Horuz wasn't a fan of Vito, it wasn't anything personal against the boy, he really wasn't fond of any kids period. Still, the idea of a Ravager admiral kidnapping a kid, it kinda bothered him if he was honest.
11 more minutes.
Yondu was shifting through papers quicker now. Horuz watched him a few moments finally asking, "What're you looking for, sir?"
"Vito's birth certificate, Stakar wants proof," he mumbled. Horuz nodded slightly though he arched a brow, scratching his beard a moment before pointing to a safe hidden underneath the desk.
"Thought ya put it in the safe, cause Bonnie said it was important or some junk?"
Yondu's head snapped downward as he looked to the safe, heart leaping for joy, he didn't mess with the safe often so in his panic he had forgotten about it. He kneeled down to it, taking a few moments to figure out the code, then finally pulled out the piece of paper.
8 more minutes.
"Thanks Horuz, I'll be back soon!" he assured as he pushed past the man and dashed for the door of the Elector. His mind raced with so many thoughts, trying to piece together how Stakar even got a hold of his son. Sure, it could've been a robbery after he saw and recongized the ship but he doubted he'd do such a thing. Perhaps, though, Vito had left the ship. This made him furious yet so terrified knowing it could've easily been anyone else who got to his boy. He shook his head to clear the thoughts, his baby boy was ok, that was all that mattered.
5 more minutes.
Stakar looked down to his watch, digital numbers popped up, he casted his gaze to the little who was trying not to squirm too much while sitting on Martinex's lap. While Stakar supposed he shouldn't be so surprised given how he handled Yondu when he was first rescued, he didn't expect him to be so good with Vito given how little he appeared to be, but Vito seemed to be in utter bliss with his first mate.
"Eyes, where are your eyes?" Vito giggled pointing next to his eyes, "Excellent job, what color are your eyes?"
"Puwple!"
"Yes! How many eyes do you have?"
Vito giggled again, "Twooo."
"Great job," Stakar chuckled softly at the two, it was a good distraction from the fact that Yondu still hadn't showed up.  He couldn't help but be worried if he would or not. While he wasn't eager to see him, he could tell Vito adored him, the first five minutes out here, it's all he'd talk about, how he couldn't wait to see him. He wasn't sure he could take the kid crying more.
Oh, he could already hear Altea's laughter, of course if asked he'd answer that he didn't want another headache, but that was only part of the reason. Yondu and Martinex were the closest things to sons as he got after the death of his biological boy, John, as well as his sisters, Stakar and Aleta's girls, Sita and Tara. With that kind of logic in mind, he supposed in some not official nor legal form of adoption, that'd make Vito his grandson. Not that he'd say it out loud, and it defintely wasn't the reason he didn't want him to cry, her claim, but then again, Ravagers were many things and liar was one of those things.
4 more minutes.
Now even Martinex was giving Stakar uneasy looks with a hint of sadness, Stakar chose to over look the second visible emotion. He was feeling it too and Marti was a good first mate so, if he wanted to have some pity for his illegal, not official nephew, who was Stakar to stop him?
"He's still not here, Stakar," he mumbled once Vito hot distracted comparing Yondu's Ravager pin to Martinex's, "He only has a few more minutes...." Stakar sighed, nodding, hoping he was just running behind or something.
3 more minutes.
Stakar had been dreading this part, knowing at the very least it'd make the little boy cranky, if not bringing on the waterworks, but he wasn't sitting around waiting on Yondu all day, some kind of backup plan needed to be made.
"Hey, Vito," lavander eyes met brown ones, "let's say your papa doesn't come.... is there anywhere else we can take you?"
Vito sagged in defeat, in sadness, "P-papa not come?" he whimpered out, hugging Lest-ther close and tight. The boy didn't understand, papa loved and wanted him, didn't he? Vito whimpered again and allowed himself to wiggle slightly, he was going to have a rash no doubt. Stakar paused a moment wishing he could lie, he could but it'd only be twisting the knife so he went with the best answer he could.
"We don't know yet..... He only has a few minutes left.." he gently explained, "But if he doesn't come I need to know where to take you," he gently explained. Vito hiccupped sadly, tears pooling up in his eyes once more.
2 more minutes.
Vito started to sob, "N-no!! No e'se, jus wan papa! Take me t-to papa!" he insisted, "P-papa! I want m-my papa!!" Before Stakar could coax him to answer the question right, just as it turned to 1 more minute, Yondu reached them. He was out of breath but he reached them no less. Martinex and Stakar were able to share a breath of relief.
Yondu barely made it, his eyes locked on Vito, it was the only way he'd manage to stay calm. He reached for him but Stakar held his arm out, "Proof first," he growled. Impatiently, Yondu shoved the picture and certificate towards Stakar, tapping his foot.
Stakar was a bit surprised at what the proof indeed confirmed, still be nodded, "Hand the kid to him, Martinex," the first mate gladly did so. Not that he was eager to pass the kid off but, as he assumed he would, Vito calmed a little once in Yondu's arms. He immediately nuzzled into his papa's chest, still crying but not as hard. Yondu gently bounced him until he noticed the diaper and the uncomfortable whine from Vito, immediately he stopped, rubbed his back instead, which soothed the boy better.
Stakar shoved the proof towards him, which Yondu held with his free hand. There was an awkward pause before Yondu, hesitantly spoke again.
"I uh.... wanna thank ya, sir, for keeping my boy safe," Stakar looked Yondu over trying to tell if he was serious or not.
He snorted, "Just be sure to keep a better eye on him...... how old is he, by the way?"
Yondu cleared his throat, "Uh... well...... If ya wanna be technical.. he's 14, though he's mentally about two."
"Un an twee borfs!" Vito softly corrected making Yondu groan quietly.
"Yes, son, again, that is about two years old," Yondu paused, protectively holding Vito closer, "He's what's called a little..." He added in a mumble. Stakar didn't understand the appeal, not for a single moment, but it was their lives to do as they pleased, plus, had John enjoyed something similiar, he couldn't see himself turning away from him. Perhaps in that manner he taught Yondu right. Well, that was a comforting idea no doubt.
The admiral paused a moment longer before snorting softly, "Well, if something like this arises again.... or you need some help or something, just give me a call," the tone made it clear they still weren't on the best of terms but it was progress and that counted for something big in Yondu's book.
He nodded and turned on his heel, kissing Vito's head gently, he was so glad he was safe. Then, he swatted his rear harshly 15 times, Vito had tensed and squeaked at the first and crying by the fourth.
"You do not ever get off the ship! You understand me? You could've been stolen, boy, do you not see that? Ya just earned yerself longer with this punishment! That was stupid and dangerous, Vito!" he scolded only succeeding in making him cry harder. Yondu left him be for right now, informing Tullk and Oblo he found Vito and explain what had happened, when he was telling Kraglin though, Vito recongized the voice, "D-daddy!" he hiccupped.

No No Vito जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें