No. No. No. No. (44)

"Son, son!" Yondu called to get his attention, Oblo had let go of Vito in surprise, he was no expecting that reaction. The Krylonian was terrified thinking he accidentally bumped one of the little's many injuries. Vito hiccupped pitifully but continued to wail, arms moving slightly up to rub his eyes, only for them to ache and ultimately fall back to his sides producing another cry. The medic covered his ears, "I cannot work under this circumstance. Let me know when he's done with all that," he hissed annoyed, walking out.
"Laddie, settle down, whatsa matter?" Tullk tried, still Vito refused to settle down. Kraglin was walking back but at the sound of crying again, he rushed in right to Vito, kneeling in front of him.
"Shhhhh, shhh, it's ok dumpling, it's ok, lookie here," he cooed, showing him Lest-ther and the pacifier, "you want these?" Vito hiccupped but did shakily grab the pacifier first and slid it in his mouth then grabbed his toy bear, hiding his face into it. This muffled, and ultimately quieted, the sobs that still racked his body.
"Sorry, sir," Oblo mumbled guiltily as Tullk still watched Vito questioningly, picking up that something wasn't right with this picture. Yondu sighed, motioning the two over with him. It felt hard to move and he simply felt tired, with everything that happened, was still happening, he felt utterly exhausted.
Once they were a bit away from the still crying little, he started to explain, "Its alright, Oblo, but we're gonna have to be a bit more careful for a while. As y'all know he went missin', turns out Arches got a hold of him, which is why he's all hurt. When Krags and I got there, he...... he didn't remember us. Any of us. He thinks he's three, he lived with B-bonnie," he had to pause to swallow down his sadness, "at that time...."
An uncomfortable silence fell over the three, eventually, Oblo spoke up.
"What are we gonna do, sir?"
Yondu shrugged, "Dunno, just be careful with him and wait and hope his memories come back to him," he answered softly.
The two nodded, "Ok, well, if we're spookin' the boy, we're gonna head on so y'all can get him calmed," Tullk assured, "just keep us updated on the boy, and try to figure out something to tell the crew. I'm gonna let Horuz know, though."
Yondu nodded slowly in agreement to all Tullk said and with that, the two members walked away. Yondu didn't get to walk back to his lover and son though because Kraglin met him halfway.
"Sir...... I.... I c-can't get him to calm down," Kraglin said softly, sadness in his blue eyes. Yondu nodded gently, leaning forward to kiss his cheek, it wasn't his typical act of affection but Kraglin clearly needed it.
"I know, darlin, it's ok," he assured softly and gently.
"I..... I'm gonna handle the crew for a bit, ok?"
"Yeah. Yeah, you go ahead Krags, get a bit of a break, ok? Rest if ya need to, I'm..... I'm gonna try to fix this," Kraglin nodded, trying hard to fight his tears before he walked out of the med bay too. Yondu sighed, now it was just him and his son.
He forced his feet to carry him to the little. He was still crying but it was even softer than before and sounded more like little whimpers, Yondu could assume his throat was sore and hurting.
Yondu kneeled in front of him again.
"Hey, boy, Vito," Vito gave a pitiful hum in response to show he heard him, "it's just you and papa now, can ya look up, can ya look at me?"
Vito whimpered but did so and, for the first time since Vito had been aboard his ship, Yondu didn't see his stubborn blue teenage son, he didn't see his big boy adorably pretending to be a little boy, he saw a frightened toddler staring at him, it was almost enough to break his cold stone heart.
"What has you crying this time, hmmm? You got yer paci and teddy now.... are you hurting?"
"A wi-wittle, dat not why I c'y dough...."
"Why ya crying then, boy?" he murmured.
"I-I wan my mama, p-pease, oh p-pease?" Yondu sighed softly, shaking his head.
"Vi, I can't..."
Vito's lip trembled a few pitiful moments before he started to bawl all over again, "P-pease! Pease! Gotta p'otect hew! She need me a-and I need h-hew!! Pease wet me see hew!"
Yondu's heart ached wishing he could take him to Bonnie but he knew that wasn't really an option, and knowing that, knowing he couldn't help ease his son's pain hurt him so badly. Still, he furrowed his brows.
"Protect? Protect her from what?"
"Whet!!!" Vito sobbed but Yondu only ended up more confused.
"Who's 'Whet'?"
Vito hiccupped a scared whimper leaving after with a shutter, he seemed hesitant but Yondu insisted again, "Vi, who is he?"

(A/N: Cliffhangers!!!! I got it done sooner than I thought, I'm hoping to have the next chapter out tomorrow so you all won't have to wait (though my fellow rper knows of this man) but its gonna be a busy day so I'm not sure. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy and I promise next Chapter should be longer and I'm hoping will include some fluff! Have a great day/night you all!)