No. No. No. No. No. No. (46)

Vito stirred slightly, panicking the first moment his eyes opened because what his eyes saw was not his white ceiling and when he looked around, this was not his green dinosaur wallpaper, everywhere, everything was a metallic grey.
A little whimper left him but he froze up hearing two voices.
"Sir, ya don't understand, it's not that I don't want to spend time with Vito, I do. I wanna just hug and hold him, bu-"
"Great, then that's what you'll do while I handle the crew since you dealt with them yesterday, then we'll switch out."
"Sir, I am not comfortable with that, he still doesn't remember me."
"All the more reason for you to spend the day with him. Rebuild a relationship with him till he remembers."
There was a small groan and a door opened. Vito recognized his papa and he knew he saw the other guy walking out with him but he still shrunk into himself earning a little whimper due to it hurting.
This managed to grab both adult's attention, Yondu flashed his first mate a grin and nodded, "Don't worry none. Its exactly like it's been just without all the memories. Doc said it'll just last a bit anyways," he then walked towards the bed, sitting next to Vito's curled up, frightened form, "hey son, didja sleep good?"
Vito hesitated, lavender eyes watching Yondu rather uneasily, but slowly he nodded, but mumbled, "Dis not my woom...."
"No, it's my room. Yer living with papa now, remember? Now, listen, I've got some work to do so my friend here," he jabbed a thumb in Kraglin's direction, "is gonna watch ya. I know you don't remember him, but he knew your mama too, he uh..... helped us a lot when you were an ity bity baby, so he's kinda like your daddy," Yondu explained, hoping that, even if it wasn't mama, Kraglin could be satisfied with daddy and that Vito would actually use the name for him. He was really trying to get something going.
Vito furrowed his brows but his innocent pair of eyes flicked upwards to Kraglin. Slowly, they moved back to Yondu, "He nice?"
"He's real nice, dontcha worry 'bout that. Yer mama really trusted him," having dealt out enough encouragement by his standards, Yondu stood up, not offering an ear to anything more that they had to say, waving goodbye to them as he exited the room.
Kraglin watched the door, anxiety flooding up in his chest, suddenly a little voice snatched his attention back.
"You weally wike my daddy?"
Kraglin looked to Vito, another feeling punching his chest, the want to cry, regardless, he nodded, slowly walking towards Vito and sitting on the bed, "Y-yeah. You can say that. I help take care of you a lot," he mumbled. Vito hesitated a moment before slowly nodding, carefully pulling himself up to a sitting position whimpering a little when he did, it sparked up Kraglin's paternal instincts again, scooting closer.
"Easy, easy baby doll, it's ok. Just lay back down, don't you worry about getting up, ma-" he stopped seeming to realize his reaction, "um daddy will handle it all, ok? Its alright," he cooed, helping Vito lay back down with another whimper leaving the little boy.  Kraglin reached up and rubbed his hair which helped Vito relax a lot. Kraglin braved himself to look down to the little again seeing that look that always made him melt, like he was the best thing in the galaxy. Even without his memories. The first mate couldn't help himself but to smile.
"Alright, are you hungry or thirsty?"
"Hungwy," Vito said with a little nod. Kraglin nodded slightly too, pausing to think, he didn't want to leave Vito in the room alone. It could scare him, he could be hurt. He settled on texting Oblo to bring the food and a bottle in since he was one of the much kinder members and, by how it went yesterday, it may be good for the Krylonian.
Oblo was happy to. Kraglin looked back down to Vito, "Ok sweetie, mine and your papa's friend, Oblo, is gonna bring it in here so that I can stay with you," he explained. He was worried Vito would still be scared regardless but he giggled instead, nodding.
"Kay!" Kraglin smiled softly again seeing Vito not being as hesitant. It got a bit awkward from there though and Kraglin didn't like that at all. He had been changing the boy's diapers a little over a month now (Quick A/N: Crazy to think the actual book has actually only been that long, huh?), he shouldn't feel so weird, so scared, but he was. He didn't want to upset Vito, especially given that his memories were lost, that he didn't remember him.
"Daddy?" Vito eventually mumbled making Kraglin look down on him.
"Mmmhmm?"
"Ummm can.... can we snuggie?"
Kraglin blinked but he nodded gently, smile staying right where it was, "Yes, of course we can baby doll, don't feel nervous about asking daddy for that kind of thing, ok?" he gently cooed. Ge wrapped his arms around Vito gently as he pulled him closer, trying to be easy and admittedly slower with him as to not bother any of his injuries.
The two were content like that for a few moments before there was a knock on the door, "That must be your nummies," Kraglin cooed to Vito making him giggle, "come in, Oblo," sure enough the pink skinned ravager enters with two bowls and a bottle, sitting the bowls carefully on the spot in front of the two.
"Captain wants you to eat too," he explained as he sat the baby bottle on the nightstand, then looked at Vito offering a careful smile, "hi little bud, how you feeling?"
"Owwie," Vito replied with a small pout. They both were just grateful that the little provided an answer.
"What's hurtin'?" Kraglin mumbled softly to him, Vito firmly kept his pout but looked up.
"It aww. Aww huwt to mooooove," he moaned miserably.
"Aw, well I hope you feel better little buddy, you and Krags have fun," Oblo said, waving to the two as he left to start his shift.
Kraglin looked down on Vito, "Well, on the brightside, your papa said the doc said it shouldn't be too long till you're all better," he assured, "do you want me to help you, sweetie? Since your arms are hurting?" to Kraglin's delight, he nodded, it felt good to have that normalcy, to be able to help his baby in some way. Afterwards, when it came time for the bottle though, Kraglin was thrown off guard. Vito usually took his bottle well, even enjoyed it, apart from the time Taserface made him insecure about his little space, so when he outright denied it, he was taken aback.
"Oh sweetie, why not?"
"I notta baby!" he huffed turning his head away from the bottle tip, "I a big boy! Bottles fow babies!"
Kraglin hesitated, he didn't want to work Vito up and cause him to move and hurt himself but he wanted to be able to do this with the boy.
"Oh baby, it's not in a bab- bottle cause you're a baby, we know you're a big boy, a big, big boy! its cause of your boo boos, your arms are all hurt and we don't want you to accidentally make a mess."
"Is da weason I habe a diaper on cause of my boo boos too?"
"Mmmmhmmmm, cause you can't walk and stand cause of your poor little foot," he cooed, pointing to the casted up right foot.
Vito huffed a little bit but nodded, "Kay.... don wan anyone but you and papa to see it dough, kay? Cause I notta baby, I not."
Kraglin chuckled humoredly, it was ironic to hear a little boy who previously adored being told he's a good little boy, and being cooed to like a baby, yet here he was with the memories of a child and he wanted to be a big boy.
"Alright, don't worry, just me and papa will be the only ones taking care of you, baby," he reassured gently. Vito relaxed at that.
"You teww me a towy?" Vito mumbled. Kraglin smiled softly and nodded.
"Of course baby doll," he cooed, kissing his head, "what story do you want?"
"Wan how you meet my mama...." Kraglin nodded, a bit uneasy. He knew Bonnie, was even close friends with her, but he hadn't spoken about her since her death, maybe a few times when Vito asked but more times than none, even the boy himself avoided it typically.
Regardless, he started the story, "Yer papa had been talking to this lady over the ship coms and he finally went to meet her......"
Kraglin really enjoyed the time of getting to tell Vito stories, it was really all the two could do seeing as it hurt Vito to move too much. Eventually nap time rolled around where Kraglin got his second surprise with Vito's memories gone. Like the bottle, Vito really wasn't too bad when it was nap time, maybe a few stubborn moments if he wanted to play, but all in all, if he was being cuddled, he was ok.
But this was apparently 'fow babies' too.
"Alright baby doll, how about we finally have that bottle and we cuddle up and take a nice nappy time?"
"Nooooooo! No nap, I notta baby daddy! Don need nap, don need bottle, I a big boy!"
Kraglin sighed softly, "Sweetie, your bottle has really gotten cold, you need to drink it and a nap will get you all rested up and then we can have even more fun," he encouraged.
"Noooooo! No! No nap, no bottle, daddy! I a big boy!! Big, big boy!" Kraglin nervously swallowed, he wasn't expecting a tantrum.
"Ok, calm down now...." he cooed, "sweetie," he hugged him closer, "you gotta have a nap, ok? Please? For daddy?"
Vito whined and wiggled a little until he elbowed himself accidentally, making him jolt, tears flooding his eyes from pain. His lip even trembled. Kraglin hugged him closer, "Shhh... it's ok baby doll, that's why you don't need to be all wiggling around," he cooed, starting to rub his head gently, Vito sniffled and nuzzled closer to him before starting to cry.
"Hey, hey, easy sugar. Its ok, it's just a boo boo, ok?"
"K-kiss it better?" Vito whimpered out with a little cough. Kraglin paused but smiled gently and nodded.
"Of course baby doll, where's it hurt?"
"Side," he whimpered again, sniffling. Kraglin hummed softly, leaning down and kissing his side better. Vito eased at it, sniffling again but calming down more.
"Anywhere else?" he hummed, rubbing his hair still.
Vito paused with a little pout, "Um... head?"
Kraglin chuckled and did so, "Anymore?"
"Hand and ewbow," Vito insisted, holding them up, Kraglin gave another chuckle but did so.
"You know what, baby? I think I know what'll help you," he cooed before pressing kisses all over Vito's face, even moving to his shoulders and even his ticklish tummy. Vito, sure enough, had started to giggle.
Eventually Kraglin stopped and pulled himself up, satisfied to see the drowsy but happy look Vito had.
Kraglin chuckled, settling back down and hugged him close again, starting to softly sing a song from his home planet about the ravagers. It seemed to do the trick as Vito soon enough drifted to sleep. Kraglin sighed relieved, the door opened up though, grabbing his attention, it was Yondu.
"Hey, havin' fun?" he asked softly, moving closer to the bed. Kraglin chuckled a bit.
"He's a 'big boy', don't you know, sir?" Yondu scoffed slightly, shaking his head amusedly.
"Hardly," he muttered, "he been good for ya?"
"Had a few tantrum spurts, but nothin I can't handle."
"D*mn right, yer a big, bad, tough ravager first mate," Yondu mumbled making Kraglin smile, "ya know, darlin, I'm proud o' ya for everything this past while," Kraglin smiled a bit more at that.
"Just doing my job, sir."
"Well looking at how happy you make that boy, how happy you make me.... yer doing good with yer job," he carefully stood up, "now, you best get a nap too cause no telling what will happen later when he's awake."
Kraglin chuckled and nodded, "Yes sir," he mumbled, moving himself closer to Vito and rather easily drifting off. Yondu smiled seeing his two loves sleeping peacefully and happily.