No. No. No. No. (34)

"You want what?" Kraglin hissed, narrowing his eyes coldly. Stakar held his hands up in mock surrender but he wasn't abandoning his thought.
"From what I understand, I missed out on plenty, including another grandson if I understand correctly, I don't want to miss out on anymore and seeing how he.... is, I'd say it was the best time to get involved. Let him get to know me."
"If you want my boy, you'd have to deal with me," Yondu assured, narrowing his eyes more. Stakar nodded, slowly lowering his hands.
"I'm well aware. It isn't like I'll just take the kid without consulting you. That's why I came here today, to discuss it."
"What makes you think we'll trust you?" Kraglin snarled, hugging the little closer protectively, only easing just slightly at hearing the boy's whimper.
"Well for one I haven't made a single hostile move towards either of you," Stakar pointed out, but Yondu merely scoffed.
"Right, but ya did argue with me."
"And you both scared the baby," Kraglin added bitterly, narrowing his eyes at the two.
"Well you are arguing now to!" Stakar retorted, narrowing his eyes too.
Before any of them could comment further, Vito whined unhappily, not liking everyone arguing.
Yondu sighed softly as Kraglin started gently bouncing the little.
Softly, uncertainly, Vito speaks finally, "I-I go wif Pappy?" he mumbled.
Yondu looked over a bit confused but Kraglin nodded gently to show he knew who the little was talking about, then nodded to Stakar giving Kraglin a hint. Stakar smirked in triumph both at the little one wanting to go with him and the fact he clearly took him into as part of the family based on the name he used.
"Do you want to?" Kraglin asked uneasily, Yondu was hoping he'd say no but luck was not on his side.
"Uh huh, do. I do," he nodded.
The two parents hesitated greatly.
"Why?" Yondu finally demanded, a bit harsher than he intended making Vito whimper and wince slightly.
"Easy baby doll, can you please explain why?" Kraglin cooed taking a much kinder approach to it.
Vito looked between his parents and Stakar, "W-wanna get to knoow him," he mumbled and, while he wouldn't admit to it, he wanted some distance from Yondu and he didn't want to go to Peter's since he was always petrified he'd break something on the Milano and he didn't want to interrupt any little time Peter might be having, nor force him to be in a position where he couldn't be little because he had to watch out for him.
So Stakar was the next best option the little had.
Yondu sent a hateful glare Stakar's direction, fully convinced he somehow swayed the boy to want to stay with him. It surly couldn't had happened any other way.
Kraglin didn't really think it was a good idea. He held a lot of resentment and distrust towards Stakar after the exile and Vito wasn't exactly in the best state of mind to have the greatest judgement on anything, but especially not people. Still, maybe it would be good, for Vito, Yondu, and Stakar. Kraglin only cared about the first two but that was besides the point.
Hesitantly, he finally nodded, "Ok baby boy, let's go get your things packed then," he cooed, not wanting to leave Stakar and Yondu alone together again, he added, "sir, will ya help?"
Yondu stiffly nodded but he didn't necessarily intend to help.
Stakar, being smug and rather pleased, started, "I can help t-"
"No. You'll wait here for us to be done," Kraglin retorted seriously. Stakar narrowed his eyes, he wanted to argue, insist he'd be able to help but he decided it wasn't worth jeopardizing what he managed to do.
Based on their first interaction, he expected more crying on Vito's part and more shouting from Yondu, and Kraglin apparently.
He took his seat again to wait.
The three went to Yondu's room where Vito's little stuff was being kept.
Kraglin sat him on the bed and rubbed his hair a few seconds before starting to pack about four diapers just to be safe, a blue, fluffy jumper to sleep in, and a pair of gray shorts with a white shirt with 'Prince' written in light blue loopy cursive.
Yondu stood by the door as Kraglin got other necessities, arms crossed.
"Are you two dumb?" he finally barked. Vito winced, tears pooling up in his eyes as Kraglin paused looking over to him, his own eyes narrowed.
"No. What gives you the audacity to even assume that?"
"You letting him go with Stakar, you even wanting to go!" he shouted first pointing to Kraglin then at Vito.
"Don't you. Yell at him," Kraglin warned sternly, taking a small step closer.
"Don't you tell me what to do, remember who the captain here is!"
"I'm your first mate! It's my job to advise ya on good choices, sir!" he insisted trying to not let his voice raise to a shout himself.
"Well that's fine and dandy but ya clearly ain't doing yer job when it comes to the brat! If ya were, he wouldn't be going with Stakar!"
"We can't keep him just to ourselves! He wants to know the rest of his family-"
"Stakar ain't his family!!" he boomed angrily. A soft wailing stopped them both. They looked over to Vito who was indeed the source of the noise.
It made them both freeze, Kraglin first took a step towards him.
"Oh sugar, don't cry, please," he cooed.
Vito hiccupped and bawled, losing his pacifier. He clung to Kraglin once he picked him up, burying into him as he cried.
"P-papa scawy! Papa woud! Papa make mama woud! No wike it! Scawy, it scawy, w-wanna g-go wif Pappy!" he pleaded. Neither seemed to know what to say, so Vito continued on, with a sniffle.
"Wanna go wif Pappy, give mama a-an papa bweak. I-I gettin 'nnoyin! Know it! J-just wanna hewp. Wanna give bweak!"
Both of the parents hearts broke as they listened.
"Son-"
"No. He's right. You clearly need a break. He's going with Stakar for the night and you and me are gonna have a talk, Yondu," Kraglin assuree rather sternly gathering the rest of the items, making sure the little had Lest-ther and a new pacifier before carrying him out.
"Hey, sweetie, are you ok?" he cooed. Vito was at least not sobbing anymore, sucking rapidly on the pacifier instead.
"U-uh huh," he sniffled.
Kraglin gently rubbed one of his spare tears with his thumb, "Aw, baby boy, don't cry," he encouraged, "I'm sorry papa and I yelled and I'm sorry papa has been all grumpy here lately. I'll talk to him about it and make it all better, ok? And if you're a good boy, I'll get Petey to visit when you come back, doesn't that sound fun? You two can have a playdate," he cooed, cuddling him close.
After not getting another response, Kraglin sighed softly but added, "And most importantly, I want you to know none of this is your fault. You arent bad for this. You've been a perfect little boy and papa and I are lucky to have you," he kissed his head as they approached Stakar.