Chapter 3 : Lizzy

• Dedicated to Channette Athena Vedeja

*previous chapter continued*

When you fall in love with somebody, do you remember exactly when and where it happens?

I think it's all bullshit when somebody says so. Does anybody even know the tell-tale sign of being in love? It could be mistaken affection for all we know.

The problem is, no one really knows when this happens, they don't even know if they fell in love with the right person.

What if she's completely wrong for you? What if she's with somebody else? Does love make it all work out at the end? I hope so, coz nothing is going right, right now.

I curled up into a ball in my old twin size bed, because I don't fit anymore, or maybe because the lingering smell of her in my shirt that she wore when she was here is gone, and it's just really cold and drafty here in London.

I feel like a weak idiot, with that sentiment in my mind, I threw the old shirt into the laundry basket by my door. It deserves a good washing, it was stuck in my drawer for 3 years. It's about time, there's no use holding on to it anymore.

"Don't you think you should go and call her first and ask before you believe the telly?" Lizzy said solemnly across the breakfast table.

"hmm...what did you say?" I asked nonchalantly. Then i stuck a mouthful of pancakes in my mouth.

"Last night...I was behind you watching the show," she added.

"Guy looked like he gained a few pounds. I miss him. That man has a way with words, people don't realize it though. He's just there listening most of the time." I laughed. Yes it was good to laugh, I don't get a lot of that here lately. Maybe i should go back to work...

"Rob!" Lizzy called him back. "You're not paying attention. I'm not talking about Guy Pearce"

"I'm not talking about anything, i just want to eat" I retorted laughing, and filling my mouth with food again.

Lizzy sighed audibly.

"I'm talking about the possibility of Kristen moving on" she said. "...now we know who that is."

I gulped down the whole glass of orange juice and then burped so loud i think the neighbors heard it.

"Whoa! okay. I'm full." I stood up with my plate and haphazardly placed it on our sink. "See you later" and then I left my sister there staring at me.

If I could for just one moment not think.