Chapter 40 : Chicken Rice

AN:  Sensitive Chapter. But who gives a Fuck? I need this badly.

***

September 2014, Singapore

"Char Kway Teow"

"A what?" I giggled. 

"Char..."

"Char"

"Kway"

"Kway"

"Teow"

"Tao"

"No you gotta roll your tongue. Teow" Lin said and I notice she's getting exasperated with my chinese skills.

"This is hopeless! If I roll my tongue any more it's gonna fall out!" I laughed. We were eating this Singapore dish that one of the crew prepared, it was really good, even if I can't pronounce the name of it.

"Let's just eat." Nic said from the other end of the table. 

"I've been eating for a good half hour already, dolt." I jokingly said at him and went back to eating.

"I can see that, any more Hainanese Rice and that zip won't be able to carry you across" He replied.

"Uh! Mom! Get out of my face..."I scoffed but still laughing at his jibe. I recently have this obsession with their Chicken Rice and I don't think it's gonna stop soon. I'll probably bring back the recipe to LA and have this somebody try it. A new recipe in the fridge during his visits.

He and Scott just laughed at me.

"Where is CJ? I need back up!" I announced haughtily.

"I saw him at the terrace on the phone" Scott said in between his concentration of eating with chopsticks. Chinese food. You have to starve first before you can get something in your mouth.

"I'm here!" CJ announced as he walked in the room.

I turned to him and did the best puppy face I can come up with. "They're on me again, can you do your job and retaliate?"

CJ gave me one look and turned to all of them. "Shut up all of you and get off my bitch! I mean it!" he shouted.

"Whoa!" Scott almost dropped his chops.

I laughed. "Wow that was scary loud. I love you but they're only joking I promise."

I finished with a peace sign, but not before I notice the angry expression on CJ's face.

Something wasn't right.

"Are you okay?" I asked as he sat next to me.

He shrugged.

"Is it the call? Are you still gonna fly out tomorrow?" He was flying back to LA and I'm gonna miss him.  It was really fun having him around here.

"Yes, it's the call. Yes, I'm still leaving tomorrow. I'm actually fine, but you won't like it." He said with all seriousness, everyone on the table actually stopped eating and tried to listen.

"What? Why?" I laughed nervously. It wasn't Cj to be affected about something like this.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." He admitted with a frown.

I actually stopped eating. "Let's go out and talk" I encouragingly said.

"Uh..." He shook his head. "You probably want to finish your food first." He added.

I raised my eyebrows, cryptic? This was interesting. "No I'm fine" I admitted.

CJ turned to his phone and I saw him look at some picture.