Chapter 25 : Sleepless

I was gnawing at my nails again, thinking things through. I just finished a call with Nicholas and it didn't even help.

Am I seriously gonna go through this? What's a couple of weeks anyway? Besides, it was a music video so it'll hardly require any intense scenes.  What am I so afraid of anyway?

I asked Nick for his opinion and I was expecting him to be a little more possessive.  He wasn't, he's probably gonna give me up to Rob with no qualms.

I frowned. Nicholas Caradoc Hoult! I'm gonna kill you once you get home I swear. He actually found it funny that Rob was in on convincing me already. We both expected Rob to be the one more hesitant in all of this.

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror.

I stared at my weary 27-year-old face.  There were new freckles from the strolls Ive been doing with Thomas. My eyebags are a little darker from the sleep Ive been missing. My hair is just....meh. Is that a wrinkle?! I gasped and leaned closer to the mirror. Shit. I grabbed my cream and furiously started applying some on my face.

For a moment there I slowed down again. What am I doing? It's not as if he's going to care about how I look. Rob has a better reason not to like me anymore.

My heart clenched and I cringed reacting to the sudden chest pain.

I seriously need to reestablish my priorities. Im acting like a teenager turned down by the highschool jock. For godsakes I'm a mother already.

I glanced at the wall clock. 12:30am. It's already morning. The contract signing's going to be tomorrow. I'm going to see him again tomorrow.

With a sudden burst of energy, I hastily neatem my dresser then went through my  closet to scan for a probable outfit tomorrow.

Nothing new. Damn it. 

To hell with it. I almost cursed, I've been curbing my mouth since Thomas came. Seriously I need to get a grip.

For the last time Kristen! It's nothing but a meeting! I keep telling myself, that in mind I settled down to sleep and prayed and prayed that I'm doing the right thing.

***

(Rob POV)

It's 12:30 am already and I'm still wide awake staring at my hotel room ceiling again.  I've been in LA for a week already and pictures have been circulating in the mags too.  Nick my agent is back so I can breathe again, but I already lost the desire to berate him for everything I wanted to before.  I actually forgot why I was angry at him.

All I can think about these days is her.  That is no surprise. She always consumes my thoughts.  I remember being so hostile with the thought of seeing her again, dreading how it will all go.  Little did I expect the reaction she brought, it was....wonderful, I guess.

It was the first time he actually interacted with her in her element as a new mom. She was everything he imagined her to be, and better.  Like everyone else she still is a little panicky, but Kristen panicky was always funny to him. He was surprised to see how willing she was to stay at home even without help for a few days.  Babies take up a lot of time and coupled with house chores, it was a handful. She was amazing. He always knew she was going to be a great mom...and a wonderful wife.

He sighed, catching the direction of his thoughts.  He couldn't think of her that way. 

He couldn't. He just couldn't. He forced himself to sleep and bury any wayward thoughts of her. He tried really.