Chapter 56 : Nightmares

A/N: This is for @_gardeniaa_ , you know why. LOL.

And to my co fangirls @blondiestew913 @fetish4lemons @_gracieva_

and of course Swardha. :)

I'm sorry it took me so long guys. I'm caught up with something really important and my professional license depends on it so I had to take a hiatus. Anyway, in my free time when im not studying ill make sure to pop in once in a while.  Inspirations and encouragements from you are my driving forces apparently.

I cant promise exact dates, but I promise to finish what I started.

Thanks for everything.

*********************

February 2018, Malibu, Los Angeles

"Honey wake up. . .Kristen. . .Kris. . . Kristen wake up, Hon"

I took a big gulp of air and straightened upwards as if I was drowning and just found oxygen again. My heart was pounding and I can hear it beating loudly in my ears. My hands were clammy and was grasping the sheets on my side. It was dark and I couldn't see anything clearly at first, I was a little dazed and confused. The last vivid thought I had was me in my wedding dress waiting for somebody who never came. I grimace as I bit back a painful groan.

"Wow...are those nightmares back again?" I turned a little surprised to hear Nic's voice beside me on the bed.

"Nic?" I asked, barely choking on a sob as I realized I woke up crying again.

"Yes..." He murmured as he continued to stroke my back slowly to calm me down.

His face started to register through the darkness and the fact that my chest was constricting in pain made my relief more profound.

"Oh god..." I gasped as I crawled into his arms like the sorry woman I was 2 years ago.

He didn't say anything at all as I sought comfort from him, realizing that he obviously knew what brought the nightmares back.

He just continued to caress me as I quietly cry my heart out hoping the pain will go with the tears.

We were like that for an hour before he slowly sank down to lie on the bed with me still clinging on to him for dear life. There were no words exchanged, we both knew what this crying is all about, who it is about. It is why I was surprised when I heard him speak his mind as I quieted down.

"Do you want to stop this project?" He asked, I froze in his arms. "Katy, won't blame you, you know."

"I don't want to quit..." I murmured barely a whisper, but we both know I meant what I said.

"I'm worried about you..." He sighed.

"I know." Yes. I know and he doesn't know how grateful I was.

"I don't want you to get sick again." He said firmly. "Last time you made yourself so sick we could barely handle you."

I grimaced, a little guitly inside about the chaos my broken heart brought my friends and family two years ago.

"Last time I was sick you were there...and the other time I got really sick you were there also." I said confidently, the last person I least expected to be there for me was him, and I know I put him through a lot already.

"Yeah. You held on like a leech and look where it got us." I can hear amusement in his voice as he tightened his hold on me.

I giggled a little. Oh yeah, Thomas.

"Probably the best thing that ever happened." I smiled as I buried myself in his chest, the pain almost gone.

"I know...and no matter how much I explained that I wasn't taking advantage, people still refuse to believe me." He laughed. "Now I don't even care what they say."

I looked up and smiled at him through the darkness, comforted that he was with me at this time when I needed him again most. My heart swelled with something good and somehow I didn't need explanations for it.

"Don't look at me like that." He whispered as his grip tightened.

I grinned. "Like what?"

"The last time you had that look on your face was the reason why we have a baby in this room right now." He scolded.

I schooled my expression as I realized I was sending out signals again. God! My hormones are going haywire, next thing I know I might be flirting with the plumber.

I glanced at Nicholas again and laughed at his expression as he tightened his hold again as if he was getting a grip on the situation.

"Don't worry I won't jump you. Although it's a really nice thought to be able to give  Thomas a sister you know." I joked.

"God damn it! Go to sleep!" He groaned as he turned me away from him and wrapped me up in my blanket tightly. I wriggled to face him but he clamped his legs around me to prevent me from moving.

"I was kidding!"  I burst out laughing and we hear Thomas restlessly moan in his crib which both quieted us down.

"I swear, you are testing my sanity." He whispered in my ear as I force myself to stop giggling and probably claim sleep again.

It took me a few minutes of spooning before I realized I was too scared of falling back to sleep.  I knew there was still a lot of pain unreleased inside of me and it'll keep manifesting itself in my dreams.

"Nic, are you awake?" I murmured in the dark.

"Hmm?"

"I'm scared it'll come back again...my nightmare." I whispered as I slowly feel my eyes closing.

"Don't worry. I'll be here to wake you up" He said as he kissed the back of my head.

That was the last thing I heard from him before Rob's face materialized in my dreams again.