Chapter 55 : White Tulips

January 3, 2016, Los Angeles

It's my wedding day. They say, it's one of those days that you will never ever forget. There would be those who would actually get cold feet thinking about this one big step they're about to take, not knowing what to expect from a lifetime commitment.  There are those who would need the support of almost everyone in sending her off to the next phase of their life. There are those who are there just because they had too. And of course, there are those who are there because of the person who's waiting for them in the end of the aisle.

It's him. 

My heart softens at the thought of him, those green eyes crinkling at the corner when he smiles at me; the beautiful, scruffy, smiling face that never fails to put a smile on mine; that warm, kind heart of his that would make him a wonderful father to our children.  The thought of spending my entire life with him brings such elation that I almost can't contain myself.

I laugh, good thing we had practice.  The movie wedding we had brought back wonderful memories.  That wedding was so well done it was so surreal for both of us, the wedding gown, the venue, the dance afterwards...and the ceremony.  I remember seeing Rob tearing up a little back then. I wonder if he'll tear up again, now that we hardly have anyone watching.

Mom was already downstairs with Dad and Alice.  At first they were a little worried with the idea of a secret wedding, but I insisted that a private ceremony is the best option for our situation. They understood, but she did get her opinion through.  She said every girl deserves her own dream wedding.  I smiled and told her I had a big one back in 2011, even though it was just pretend. This one today, this is my dream.  They both gave me a hug and sent me upstairs to get ready.  Dad was leaving for the airport with Tom to fetch Rob. Alice will be the one to assist the minister when he gets here.

"Are you sure you won't be needing any help with your make-up and your hair?" Mom called up from the kitchen where she was taking food out of the oven.

"I'm fine, Mom. Thanks! Just make sure the cake is safely covered!" I called back to her before I ran back upstairs to get started. He'll be here soon.

Rob was flying in with Lizzy, Clare and Richard, just in time.  We had it planned at our old place at Aberdeen.  The patio was the best place for our little ceremony, attended by our close family and friends.

The venue was simply set by Alice and I last night with some help from Mom, just a little bridal arch covered with white roses and intertwining white silk and a smatter of lights and candles. We placed it near the koi pond falls for maximum effect. A makeshift aisle from scattered flower petals bordered by lanterns was made from the living room leading to the arch. It was simple at best. It was everything to me.

I was proud at how I got everything ready even in just a couple of days.  Rob was busy also and we hardly had time to talk, which I understand.  Maybe he was just finishing things off before he flies back here, after our wedding we might get off from work for a couple of months or to a year.

The thought of having him all to myself was enough to make me shiver in pleasure, better to start things early so I'd have enough time to daydream about him later.

I went over to the closet and stared at the two dresses that Nicolas Ghesquiere lent me.  I knew the short one was less fuss and more advisable, but really, the long white gown was very dreamy, and I can only get married once, for real. 

Somehow I knew that whatever option it might be it's best to leave it for later. 

After a relaxing soak in the tub I glanced at the clock.  It was 2 in the afternoon already and the ceremony was at 5. Rob and his family should be arriving now at LAX.