Chapter 48 : Apple Tree Lodge

December 2015, Shanklin, Isle of Wight

Me and Rob flew to the isle via private jet, he insisted on it. I was excited and didn't really mind even if we had to fly commercial, but I totally understand that we need to keep things underwrap for now.  People wouldn't understand.

I glanced at him, his hand was on the wheel, and the other was holding mine. I warmed at the little smile he had on his face.

To be honest, even I wasn't sure what this really was.  We haven't really talked about it yet.  Though whatever we have going on right now, there was no denying that it was where we are meant to be.  It was kismet, yes, kismet.

"What are you smiling about?" He turned to ask and I blushed, embarrassed to be caught day dreaming.

"It's a lovely day and I like it very much." I smiled at him. I also thought about you, that one I didn't say.

We were driving to the lodge that we rented for the holiday.  It was in a small resort village, and the lodge was located near the beach.  It was a perfect escape, perfect place to start anew and learn each other again.

We've only been back for two weeks but we rarely had time to talk about what we have going on, but what's to talk about when we're too busy enjoying moments.

"We're here" he said.  I glanced out of the window and took in the the two-storey brick cottage with the white mullioned windows and door.  It was beautiful as expected, right out of the story book.

"It's adorable Rob..." I giggled as I got out and scanned the area. I can see the beach and a cliffy part that overlooked a part of the village. There was a well-tended garden surrounding the house too.

I sighed at the sight. Before I could turn to thank him for taking me here I felt his arms wrap around my waist, my back to him.

"Anything for you..." he said as he kissed my hair and nuzzled my neck.

I blushed again, basking in the attention he was showering on me.  Everything was forgotten, I was suffused with warmth. He was everything and the only thing that mattered to me right now.

"Let's go inside, babe..." He whispered after giving me a long kiss at the garden.

"Okay." I easily said.  He can make me agree to anything he wanted right now if he tried.

"I can't wait to show you the kitchen...it was rented with you in mind." He laughed as he kissed my hand that he was holding.

It was wonderful. It was perfect. It was bliss.  He showed me around the little lodge and he had a tree waiting for us, yet to be decorated.  It was pristine, new sheets, expensive china, and of course, the privacy of having it all to ourselves, away from the prying eyes of our public lives.

We christened the sheets with our pleasure, making love in the middle of the day, into the night and in the wee hours of the morning.

The next few days flew in a daze. We would get up late where I would make us breakfast, then we would go down to the beach for a quick cold swim, or paddling.  He taught me before, but we never really gotten round doing it in Malibu. Shanklin made that possible. In the afternoons we would go down to the village and visit shops.  The people were nice and very respectful, no pictures were taken, or maybe because we time it when the other tourist would be at their cottage napping.  So far, nobody discovered us yet. It was perfectly okay.

At night we would have dinner that I made and then cuddle under the moonlight at the back porch, drinking wine and making out until we make each other crazy.  Sometimes we wouldn't even make it to our bedroom.  It's as if we're trying to make up for lost time. 

Somehow for the past few days, no words were still spoken, only glances at each other, a touch here and there, a sweet kiss now and then, but still, no words, not yet.

There are times that I was bursting with the words inside me that I wanted to shout it to the world. This man right here is the one I want to spend my whole life with. I love this man so much I'll wither and die without him. I'd be empty without his love. The poet in me was restless, I actually started writing down lines in a little notebook that I bought in the village the other day.  I kept it from Rob of course, it's like keeping unsent love letters from your childhood crush.

Love, there's so many things I could say about love.  I had you once and then I lost you, and now I have you back again and forever.

Forever? I glance at Rob who was reading a book right next to me.  We were at the porch sunning ourselves. I smiled at the comfort that I felt at the thought of him and forever, it's synonymous ever since.

It was a day after Christmas and we're flying back to Los Angeles tomorrow. I frowned. I wish we could stay here longer. Dinner last night was bittersweet for me, we made slow passionate love as if he also knew what I was thinking.  Our days here at the island were counted but I was hoping it wouldn't fade just like that once we get back. I didn't want to go back to reality.  There was a little part of me that was worried that I might lose Rob, like he was just one blissful week-long dream.

What was I scared about? He was happy, and I'm happy. We could handle this. 

"I've been meaning to tell you something." He said as he set aside the book he was reading.

"Yeah?" I turned to him as I close my notebook and stashed it behind me.

"I have to pass by London after this." He said while he stood up and stretched in front of me.

"That's okay...I'll just stay in the hotel while you're out" I smiled at him, enjoying the free show I was getting while he was stretching his muscles.

He stopped, laughed and slowly approached me, sandwiching me between his knees as he leaned down to ruffle my hair and kiss the top of my head.

"Nope...I have to go alone, while you go take that sexy ass of yours back to LA" He explained.

"What? Wh..." I reacted and stopped myself. "Oh...I understand."

I didn't go on and ask for an explanation. Somehow I knew it was a line I'm not supposed to cross yet.  No matter what history we have, I still need to take baby steps in our current situation. I'm scared, and trying my best to be cautious, but my heart says otherwise, and I'm always about feelings anyway.  I trust him, I trust him to know what he was doing, and wherever he may take me, I'll gladly follow. I am too caught up, I'm already into deep again.

"Shh...babe. Look at me. I'll be back before you know it." He whispered then smiled as he pulled me up with him.

"Okay." I mumbled right before I succumbed to his kisses.

I'll wait. He promised to be back. Then we can start our lives all over again.

**************

Sorry to keep you waiting guys. Hold on! The best update is yet to come...Lol.

BTW, Kristen's CAMP X-RAY is really good, had me crying and questioning everything, you guys should go watch it on VOD now. Yeey. Go Stew!