Chapter 6 : Marlowe

Author's Note:

I know the timelines are quite confusing in these few earlier chapters.  I have based most of the chapters in flashbacks on RK news.  Now I know all those pap pictures and news can sometimes be misleading so I haven't really taken those news to heart.  Same goes to my "fanfiction."  This story is entirely FICTIONAL.

The next few flashbacks are during the months in 2013 after RK got back together in September 2012 after the cheating scandal.  We all probably still remember how awful that time was.  

********************************************

*flashback* (Rob POV)

New York City, New York

May 2013

"She's so beautiful Sienna!" Kristen exclaimed.

She and Sienna were both bent on the crib at Marlowe's nursery. She was already 10 months this May and growing up fast. We haven't any time for our friends lately because of our busy schedule. Hell, we hardly have time for ourselves these past few months with all the schedule and all.

"Look who's here Marlowe! It's Kristen!" Sienna teased. The baby actually cooed and they both giggled.

"That could go on for hours Rob" Tom said, handing me a cold bottle of beer. We continued on to the living area and situated ourselves at the couch.

We stayed like that for a while, relaxing and taking in the comforting atmosphere of their New York townhouse, like any english man enjoying port right after dinner, but beer instead. 

Taking a swig from my beer, I looked at him noticing the contented smile on his face.

"That contented look you got, I guess it doesn't get any better than this, you'll surely get the Tony" I said, referring to his 'Orphans' broadway performance and his nomination.

He laughed out loud then looked over at me sizing me up. "Yes I'm happy with the nomination, and I'm glad the show is getting great reviews, but you are deluding yourself if you think my contentment stems from that," he explained.

"Well, what is it then? I'd like to know the secret..." I admitted, though I sound a little teasing, I actually was serious.

"Family. Just them, Sienna and Marlowe. Probably my family back in London, but those two girls, I couldn't be more grateful" He said obeisantly.

I wasn't able to answer back, but I did smile at the thought of him so happy. My friend, we used to be so lost in life, not knowing what there is for us next. Now, he finally has the theater and the coveted award nomination, but he tells me something else different was responsible.

Something else different, the woman he loves and their child.

I thought of Kristen upstairs with Marlowe. I thought of Kristen playing with a completely different baby, our baby. What would she be like? Would we be able to live in a townhouse like this, like any normal family raising a kid?

Will Kristen get the chance to walk around the park with a pram carrying our little boy or our little girl in it?

I picture her now and how she usually looks like while strolling the streets, and then I remember we don't get to stroll in the streets, not with the press hot on our trails.

Then a completely different image came to mind. An image of Kristen cradling our baby in her arms running away from the rabid papz, no finger for them now, not with Kristen holding something so precious.

She would be scared. He would be scared for them.

Now, he can picture it out in different scenarios, different scenes of them with a child. It's going to be one big nightmare, unless they manage to stay hidden. Then what? Hide the child forever? Impossible.

"Rob are you okay?" Tom's question broke through my  thoughts, pulling me back to reality. "I think you're tired, you've got what? 3 days and you guys are back in LA again." he said sighing.

"Sorry, It's been a long day" I cleared my throat and finished my beer. Just in time, Kristen and Sienna appeared in the doorway of the living room.

"She's asleep! I put her to sleep!" Kristen said laughing.

"Good for you Kris, trust me when I say that's a big accomplishment" Tom replied, grinning at his fiancée. "Rob's beat" he added.

Kristen glanced at me worriedly. I was supposed to fly back to LA tonight, same day she came in from LA also. I opted not to go and support her in this MET gala event instead, even if I'm just a stay-at-home, or stay-in-hotel rather.

"It's okay, I think it's time we let you guys rest already" she said to both, giving Sienna a kiss and a hug. Then same with Tom.

We called our service, then they walked us out to the foyer hand in hand. There's no denying that these two are in for the long haul. They're just the kind who effortlessly stays.

"Someday, you guys will be bringing somebody over to play with Marlowe." Sienna said confidently. "We're looking forward to it. Make it soon" she added.

"Uh..No. Not possible." I hurriedly replied.

Then the awkward silence followed that heavy statement, but nobody commented. Not even Tom who can tease a pun out of everything. So we just stood there, letting it sink in. Letting it sink in, in my girlfriend's mind like it did in mine earlier, but the car's there already so we bade them goodbye and went back to our hotel.

No words in the car were exchanged.