Chapter 5 : Chateau Marmont

*present time*

Chateau Marmont, Los Angeles,

January 2018

"I can't believe you had your manager set up an appoinment instead of calling me yourself instead!" Katy announced as she walked down the aisle between tables at the patio.

I was surprised. I intended to enjoy brunch alone and start any business after it. Im trying to not get worked-up, it's been a year since my last visit here, and that visit doesn't even count much.

It was a measly 2 days, but the longest 2 days of his life.

"Mr. Pattinson! Not even a hug??" with a little pout she stood in front of me, hands on her hips.

I grinned and slowly stood, arms wide, "Come here Baby."

We stood there in front of everybody at the patio, hugging each other for a good solid minute. Nobody would dare take a picture, or the security will see their asses out. So we were pretty much confident that we won't be gracing the tabloids tomorrow.

"God! I miss you!" she hit me with her purse. "What the hell were you doing not showing your lovely face here?" she exclaimed. I helped her to her seat right next to me

"Hmm...i decided to take up buddhism and was about to join the monastic order when you called." I said innocently.

"Oh really? tell me more." she answered sarcastically while lighting a cig.

"How did you find me?" I asked. She extended a pack of Newports but I shook my head.

"Whoa. Is this just now, or are you finally taking it seriously?" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're not answering my question" I replied then took a sip from my ice tea.

She guffawed, took a puff then blew it on my face with a sly smile, while I tried to evade it. "Calm your titties babe, your anxiety is showing"

I looked on with a serious look waiting for her reply.

"Ok fine! I knew of course that you were in London, but Tom said you don't stay that much in Barnes. Your manager has no idea as he claimed and 'legal and personal issues'" she air quoted, "stops him from handing out your number to me. Damn him." she admitted.

"and..."

"I don't even understand why you're hiding yourself in that goddamn island in the first place" she claimed. "Frankly, i'm just happy that the bed and breakfast your staying in has a receptionist who's a fan of mine. I still owe her by the way, or she wouldn't let me leave a voicemail in your room phone!"

"Are you done?" i asked.

"No! And if you think Im going to apologize I'm not. I'm pretty sure that's not even the reason why you're pissed...is this because....?" she looked at me knowingly waiting for a reaction.

"I'm not pissed at all." i replied without a trace of sincerity.

She sighed.

"Rob I'm sorry. I know it was too much to hope for, but you guys are my friends and I wanted to direct this music video and I wanted you both in it. All or nothing." Katy snuffed her cigarette on the bowl. "I'm not even sorry."

"What?" I tried to repeat her last statement in my head, knowing i misunderstood.

She glanced questioningly seeing my expression. "What do you mean what?"

"But i thought..." I was speechless. Where the fuck is Nick when you need him?

"You're here in LA for this right? I mean you didn't just climb out of your rock or cave or island just to make me feel guilty for nothing?" She said laughing.

"Coz she called...and she said..."

"Oh my God!" she laughed out loud there in front of everybody on the patio. "I can't believe she did it. She actually did, did she?" She asked incredulously while still laughing.

"What are you laughing about?" I glared at her. She needs to calm down and not call that much attention to us.

"Well I told Kristen that I was able to contact you finally. I mean, after you denied that project paper I sent to your manager to give to you. It's better to ask you personally right? She suggested that I talk it out with you coz she kind of surmised it might be because you guys both aren't ready to share the screen yet." she said trying to hold her laughter.

"When i told her that I left you a voicemail at the BnB, and your manager called me to say No, she said she was backing out coz it was you I wanted at the first place. I suggested she call you and you guys should get your shit together," she laughingly continued.

"But i didn't expect that she was serious when she said she'll tell you the 'good news' herself. She does have other priorities...so i kind of let her go on thinking i already replaced her, which I haven't yet" she smiled.

"Which you will right?" I just stared at her trying to process everything she said.

"Which i won't" she said seriously.

I sighed and grabbed a newport from her pack and lighted it up. I took a good puff just to calm my nerves.

"You can't leave, you're already here. Why not try it instead. It's just gonna be for a few weeks. I promise to be a little understanding of your situation, I mean you guys are actors. Act it out!" Katy was grasping for anything she can just to hold onto him apparently.

"And besides, it's time you meet Kristen's Tom."

I was afraid she would say that.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, Feel free to leave a comment so I may know how you feel. Like if you're hating it or the pace is too slow. Please please Thanks! Highly appreciate it.