Chapter 16 : The Stuffed Lobster

I ran to the family room just in time to see the dumbstruck expression on Rob's face.

"What?" He blinked.

Katy laughed so loud then actually went to him and pinched his cheek.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" Katy exclaimed as she bent down to scoop Thomas in her arms. "Right Tommy? Aren't you a Hoult from head to toe?!" Thomas giggled. "Yes you are honey, yes you are!" She crooned.

"That was not funny at all Katy!" I scolded. I sent Rob an apologetic look but he was still distracted I can clearly see he was shaken until now.

Katy paused in swinging Thomas and faced Rob and scrutinized him.

"Oh My God! Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson!" She looked horrified. "Wipe that look off your face. I was fucking kidding." She said. "Are you thinking about what you were up to during the time of the conception of this child? Tough Luck Honey, he isn't yours" She smirked then crooned back to Thomas who was listening in rapt attention.

"Katy! You shouldn't be swearing in front of him" I scolded yet again. I couldn't look Rob in the eye now. So, I went to the kitchen to retrieve the cookie I was supposed to serve earlier.

Katy giggled. "Sorry!" she shouted to me then looked back seriously at Thomas. "You young man did not hear anything I just said, or else I'll be hearing an earful from Nicholas"

"Dada..." He answered back.

"Yes. I'm on your Dada's list already, let's not put me on top...okay?" She continued.

"I could kill you for this" I hear Rob tell her when I came back with the plate.

Katy just laughed it off. "Well aren't you interested to know why he was named Thomas? Your namesake?"

I sighed. Until now that issue still comes up.

"You don't have to tell me. I already know" He said while getting a cookie.

I was surprised. Did he remember me telling him then? Though the fact itself was a sure dead give away, no explanations needed. I named my son after my former lover. It was a good name anyway.

"I'm sorry Rob. Katy thinks she can get away with anything coz Thomas loves her" I glared again at her to let it sink in.

She just laughed, along with Thomas who seems so taken with her.

"I say grab the child now and run and I'll tackle her for you" Rob drawled.

At that, Katy scoffed, hugging Thomas to herself. She looked at me and Rob who were sitting side by side on the couch, but with enough space to sit an elephant in between.

"Are you two ganging up on me?" She asked. "That's an improvement."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to take Thomas from her.

"I say, say your piece so we can finish this as soon as possible. This little guy here will be needing his nap and he won't be getting any if you insist on keeping him awake" I said while juggling Thomas on one hip then picking up his bottle on the counter.

I turned to pick up his little blanket on the floor but someone beat me to it, accidentally grabbing each other hands instead.

We slowly stood up, uncomfortable or a little shaken.

"Here" Rob took the bottle and the blanket and Thomas' toy for me. "Where do you want me place it?" He asked.

I was still reeling from the feel of his hands,  it took a few seconds to regain sanity back.

"I...umm...just place the bottle on the kitchen sink" I mumbled then made my way to the kitchen after him.

Rob lowered the bottle on the sink and faced me.

"Is there anything else you need?" He asked.

"Boo boo....." Thomas pointed to his toy clutched in Rob's hands.

Then Rob smiled and slowly approached us.

"Is this Boo boo?" He lifted the stuffed animal then scrutinized it. Recognizing it for its significance.

"Is this the lobster I gave you?" He asked now looking at me.

"Boo boo!" Thomas struggled in my arms reaching for Rob.

"Thomas found it in a storage box..." I explained, trying to change the topic to avoid any further comments.

"Oh...storage box" He said to himself, curling the stuffed lobster in his hands then slowly handed it to Thomas who hugged it thereafter.

"You go take your nap now Thomas" Rob told him while reaching up to mess with the baby's hair earning a playful laugh from him.

I smiled a little, denying that soft spot I suddenly had in my heart.

"Do you guys want me to leave so you can continue flirting?" Katy shouted from the family room.

We both sighed. Then started apologizing to each other in tandem.

"I'm sorry.."

"I'm really sorry..."

We stop and smiled at each other instead.

"I have to go up. I'll be back." I said abruptly then grabbed a new batch of milk bottle by the counter then hurriedly escaped from my feelings.

I'm too old to be flirting.