Chapter 8 : Birthdays and Retributions

Author's Note at the end of the Chapter for Timeline Reference.

*******************************************************

Los Angeles,  MAY 12, 2013

"Don't you wanna go out with them?" I asked her. She was there sitting on a wicker chair right next to me reading a book. We were on the porch trying to enjoy the afternoon.

She closed the book and glanced at me. "No"she smiled.

"Why? They called a couple of times already, you probably realize they won't stop until you gave in" I explained. Those friends of Kristen became my friends ever since we went out together. They're a rowdy crowd, reminds me of my pals back home.

"It's your birthday tomorrow, There's a lot I have to do, and stuff I need to buy and all" She replied in all seriousness.

She was planning a party here tomorrow for my 27th, friends will be coming over and some acquaintances, although I'm not really sure who her guest list are. I'm frankly worried and tired, if It was left to me, I'd rather have some alone time.

"Rob, are you okay?" breaking me from my worrisome thoughts, I looked at her.

It took me a second to catch my breath, but for a moment she looks so much like the Kristen I met when we were auditioning for Twilight. God, I sometimes forget how beautiful she is.

"You're staring" she said with a frown.

"Yes I am" I smiled back.

"See something you like?"  she retorted.

Is she feeling naughty again? I wonder if she's up for an afternoon romp. I winked.

"Yep, I like it very much" I stood up and yanked her to her feet, hugging her to me and giving her a long eager kiss on the lips. "In fact, I like it so much I want to spend the rest of the day and my whole birthday tomorrow with her....alone" I admitted honestly, showering her with kisses all over her face.

"That's not possible" she answered laughing and trying to kiss me back still, hands wrapped around my neck.

"Yes possible, tell them sorry" I mumbled in between kisses.

She stiffened, smile fading. "But I've got everything prepared!" Looking up at me scowling.

I laughed. "I know, but that isn't what I want for my birthday."

She broke free from my grasp and straightened her shirt trying to think. I actually managed to ruck it up while we were kissing. Progress interrupted.

"Rob you just cannot bail out on these people, we already promised tomorrow to them" She explained. "We told them on my birthday remember?"

"I know, just tell them something came up," honestly, I was getting a little miffed. Although it was just a random thought, I really would do prefer a stay-at-home us-alone birthday. I'm glad my tongue was loose enough to tell her.

"I prepared everything already! It's your birthday and I want it to be special!" she answered, her voice a little louder than he expected. 

So the discordant mood was apparently contagious.

"Who fucking cares? For once, can I get what I want here Kristen?" I answered back, words stinging, eyes glaring.

It's out now.

"What?" She looked aghast for a moment.

There were things you realize when you get your heart broken. For me, the fact that I can't live without her, then the cold reality of having been cuckolded and questioning your own manhood. Cuckold? We're not even married, but thank God. Thank God were not married.