Chapter 47 : Hesitations

December 2015, Los Angeles

"Isle of Wight" I said while watching the smile appear on her face.

"Shut up!" She said before bursting out laughing. "Seriously?"

I laughed at her priceless reaction.  We were having lunch at her place where she cooked for me and I just asked her to come with me for the holidays.  Of course, we had fond memories of the island and it'll be great to share it with her again.

"Yes, seriously." I replied while grabbing her left hand and kissing her knuckles.

Ever since that night in the pool, we were practically inseparable. All day, all night, I can't remember feeling this great for the past year. It was everything.

"God! I miss Isle of Wight so much!" She sighed and continued to pick on her plate.

I just looked at her, contented to watch her there in front of me, eating; there in front of me, smiling to herself. It seems like she was caught up in her own happy thoughts like I was.

"What are you thinking about?" I whispered asking as I rubbed my thumbs over her knuckles and finger trying to get her attention again.

"Nothing." She looked up and smiled at me. "Nothing in particular"

I smiled back at her as I stood up and took the used dishes to the dishwasher.  She followed behind with some of the other stuff we had cluttered at the kitchen. It was very domestic and peaceful, it was like the old days again. Except now, we were high with the pleasure we were giving to each other, physical yes, it was very physical, but over-all, I just miss my friend so damn fucking much.  I love that we're able to talk comfortably again, and if awkward silence ensues, I actually already have the option to kiss her nuts and avoid those entirely.

"Rob...will it be okay with...you know..." she haltingly said. The note of hesitation evident in her voice.

"What will?" I automatically answered.

"Well.." she started as I see her turn to me while I was rinsing the plates on the sink. "Clare and Richard...they're aren't exactly you know..." She continued.

I turned to her with a questioning look.

"with me....remember?" She had that eyebrow raised again, and of course, it's only proper that she brought this up.

"Don't worry." I answered as I went on with my task, "we aren't exactly gonna pass by Barnes..."

"Oh...okay" I thought I heard disappointment in her reaction, but she gave me a wide toothy smile as I turned to her. "That's great! I think I'll go pack some stuff and call somebody to take in the dogs again while we're away."

Before I knew it, she was rushing upstairs to her room already. Kristen easily is a kid with her sense of excitement. I smiled as I thought of a thousand ways to make the trip worthwhile.

Too bad I can't pass by Barnes with her with me.