My Royal Mermaid

Prologue~

•^• Izuku's P.O.V •^•

Being the mermaid prince is quite hard. You'd think it'd be an easy job, but, it's the opposite. First off. You have to be seriously strong both physically and mentally. You train day and night and only get breaks for eating and sleeping, which lasts like 3 hours. Second, you need to have the ability to change your tail into human legs at will. It's way harder then you'd think. Only around 10% of the population in the kingdom can do it, and even they have trouble.

Thirdly, probably the most hated part of being a royal ever, the games. Now, you might be wondering, 'what are the games and why are they so bad?' In simple format, a series of different events, kinda like the Olympics, except under water and with royals and water bred mammal killing great white sharks. In long term format, well... if you take a mermaid and take about 10 great white sharks that are so hungry they'd eat a full building, put them in some kind of race, you have 'the games'.

Last, decorating. Why is this even a thing. The most delicate and 'if you touch this you'd be killed right away by this persons family' part of the mermaid body is the tail. We all have one unique to our family heritage. In the royal family, we basically have to 'dress to impress'. And in simple terms, your tail is 'improved' to show your stature in the family. Those are the four things a mermaid prince goes through. That just so happens to be my life in a nutshell.

I turned 15 last week, which means it's time to choose a partner. My family already knows about... that... so, they've given me a bit more time then most. Even so, none of the guys here are my type. Nor ones from other kingdoms. And it just so happens to be my lucky day. The games are on. I'm so dead today. If the sharks don't kill me, then the choosing ceremony will...