The Assistants

•Izuku's P.O.V•

After two long boring hours, the meeting was finished. I gathered my documents and headed out. I left the room and headed back over to my office. It took a few minutes, but, I reached it. I opened the doors, seeing Katsuki and Shouto working on the papers they were given. I closed the doors and heard over to my desk, setting down the documents as I sat down. I grabbed a pen and filled out a few signings before pushing it aside. I then started on the stacks piled up on my desk. I began taking them and signing, taking and signing, taking and signing. This was gonna be a long day.

*BBBBBBRRRRRRNNNNGGGG*

Or not. I grabbed my phone and answered with the usual "hello?"

"Hey Deku-kun! I have new intel."

"Great!"

"But... before I tell you, check the news."

I placed the phone on my shoulder with my cheek pressed against it a I opened up the internet on my laptop. I went onto today's news and scrolled through till I found something that caught my eye. My eyes widened as I stared at the page in front of me.

"T-this can't be happening..."

"I'm afraid so. He was one of our best, too."

"God... dammit... I can't believe this... wait. Where are you right now?"

"In the centre of Kyoto."

"You need to get back. It's to risky now."

"I'm kinda stuck right now. There's traffic everywhere, it's too crowded and the gang's coming round soon. I don't think I can't get back for awhile at this rate."

"Just stick to the centre of the crowds then. If you see them, send me an SOS. I'll send some guys over. But, it's to risky right now. Just hang tight and try not to get caught."

"Will do. I'll see you later than. Bye."

"Yeah. Bye," I ended the call and placed my phone down, leaning on my hand as I let out a drawn out sigh. "Dammit... could this get any worse...?"

I sat up straight in my chair as I scrolled through the news, reading over the little segment for my friend. I reached the end before sinking back in my chair. I exited out of the page as I opened up a document.

"What the f*ck was that about?" Katsuki asked, looking up from his work.

"One of my friends who was sent out to investigate a recently forms mafia was killed. Another friend is stuck in Kyoto with them. So, we're calling the mission off." I replied as I typed some stuff down.

"..." the room fell silent, besides the typing and writing that filled the air.

I heaved out another sigh as I drank the last of my coffee. Being awake for 3 days straight, only surviving this long on coffee, major eye bags, constant working and not leaving my office, plus the now known death of my friend isn't really the best thing for me right now. I feel like rubbish. I finished up the final documents before letting out a large yawn.

"You should get some sleep." Shouto said.

"I can't right now. I still have heaps of work to do." I yawned again, feeling my eyelids start to droop.

"You're obviously in no f*cking condition to be working. Get some sleep." Katsuki growled.

I clutched my head as I leaned on the table. I did need rest right now. But, how can I rest with so much work to do? I was about to protest when I felt something, or rather someone, hit the back of my neck, causing me to black out...

•Third Person•

"You didn't have to go that hard." Shouto commented as Katsuki picked up the now unconscious greenette bridal style.

"It was the only thing I could think of than'd knock him out. So don't f*cking complain, Icyhot." Katsuki retorted as he walked over to a couch.

He placed Izuku down and pulled up a blanket, covering the smaller boy up to his chin. Once done, he stood up straight to leave when Izuku grabbed his wrist. The blonde turned back round, staring down at the hand that held him back.

'He has a tight grip for someone so small." He thought, kneeling down next to the couch.

Izuku's hand slid off Katsuki'a wrist and lay limply over the edge of the cushions. Katsuki stared across at the greenette's sleeping face, taking in every detail from crease-marks across the pale skin down to the freckles. It was captivating, to say the least. The ash-blonde'a hand move on it own, making its way up to the green curly hair as he started to stroke it.

'It's so soft.' He thought as he watched a smile form on Izuku's face.

"Are you coming back to work? It'd help Midoriya out a lot. He has a lot of stress on him right now from all this work. We could at least help." Shouto said as he continued to work on documents.

Katsuki huffed out a growl but complied. He stood up, leaving the couch as he walked over to his desk. As he did, Izuku's phone buzzed. Izuku shot up from his sleep and bolted over. He started a call, waiting for the other end to pick up.

"Hi. I need you to head over to Kyoto. Pick up Uraraka. But don't take to many with you. The gang's in hot pursuit."

There was a long pause.

"He's dead..."
.
.
.
.
.
"Could you do that, please?"

Another long pause.

"Thanks. Good luck out there. Bye."

He hung up, placing the phone back down. Before either of the two assistances could react, Izuku collapsed back into unconsciousness. Shouto caught him before he could hit the floor and took him back to the couch.

"What was that about?" He murmured as he placed Izuku back down.

He stared down at the boy before walking back to his desk to complete the workload he was given.