Chapter 10

LuxeLopez: Material Girl #IconicAwards

tagged: LuxeDiaCosmetics

7,700,110 likes ~ 25,900 comments 

I have just arrived at the Iconic Awards with my mother. Since I started dating Michael, he has been attending the same events as us and I just wanted us to be alone for once.

This particular award show was founded by Pablo Icon, he was a regular civilian who wanted to recognise iconic moments in life. Not only do celebrities get nominated for various awards but regular people are nominated too. 

I spot Adriana, Mila, Jenna and Irina Palomino posing on the white carpet so I decide to join them them for a few pictures.

"You all beautiful." I gush over them. "Mila, congratulations again on the pregnancy."

The sisters thank me before moving on as I pose for my solo pictures

"JENNY!" Jenna calls out to my mom who embraces her so I move on. The fact that my mother and Jenna Palomino are the best of friends is crazy. They are so close that we used to spend every other weekend in Brazil during my teen years.

I head inside the venue where I am then escorted backstage seeing as I will be both presenting and performing.

"Presenting the first award of the night is the ever so gracious, Luxury Lopez." I hear Pablo call out and everyone applauds as I slowly make my way out, making sure not to trip over my dress.

I greet Pablo with a kiss on both cheeks before standing infront of the microphone.

"Before I present this award, I would like to start off by saying how honored I am to be here for you all this evening." People clap at my words. "Being Iconic has its pros and cons because many times, people want to be recognised for the positive things that they do but the media has a way of only portraying the negative."

"AMEN!" I hear someone call out and I let out a small laugh.

"Once upon I wanted to be recognised for all of the positive things that I do but then I realised that it's not for everybody. Whenever I donate, I don't have to say anything because being a good person isn't something to shout about. Being good comes from the heart and in the end, only God will recognise that." I pause for a moment. "The first Humanitarian award goes to Amaria Williams. A woman who is constantly providing the good that this world so desperately needs."

Everyone begins to clap as I watch as an elderly black woman with a beautiful afro make her way towards the stage.

"Thank you continuously raising money for people who need it Amaria, thank you giving everything up all that you have to help people who truly need it." I say into the mic as she gets up on stage. I decide to meet her halfway, I pull her in for a hug while pressing my lips to her head. 

Prior to coming out on stage, I was provided with a list of things that Amaria has done in her lifetime and it reminds that when you can, do it.

---

Terrence laughs as the opposing team fails to score a goal and I take a sip of beer before turning to the side. I am well aware of the fact that there are people taking pictures of us.

My mom wants me to get a new lead for my follow up album and she has suggested that I get to know a few guys to see if the chemistry is there

I initially wanted Michael to get the part but my mom made it clear that it would not be an ideal situation because it would lead to another Christian situation. I didn't have a music career when I first started dating Christian so it only made sense to make him the lead male. Unfortunately I was unable to separate him from my music and I lost my identity.

Terrence J is pretty chill guy, my only issue is that I haven't discussed this with Michael so I can't even imagine what people are going to say about this.

Now that it is halftime, I can finally speak with Terrence.

"Have you heard any of my music?" I ask as I kind of dance to the music that is playing.

"You've got some good music, I kind of get that baby making feel to it." He winks at me and I refrain from blushing.

"Would you be down to film a trial music video?" I ask as I start composing an email to my management team.

"If you wanted to see me naked then all you had to do is ask." He winks as he stands up. Terrence then surprises the hell out of me by dancing besides the cheerleaders and that's when I know that this is the one.

---

"Get in, puta

"Get in, puta." I blink twice as I look at my mom.

"Yo! Is that Jenny from Block?" I exclaim as I run up to the car, "Goddamn, you've aged."

"Bitch, I don't crack." She puts on this weird voice and  I laugh as I get in. 

The guy besides my mom starts blasting some of my mom's old tunes. I grab a hat that is laying around and put it on. We go real old school and start bopping our head to the song. 

I can't contain my laugh as people turn our away as we drive by them.

"Terrence is the one." I whisper into my mom's ear and she smirks at me.

"Good to know." She turns back around. "Diddy wants to meet both of them."