Chapter 67

As I'm getting ready to pull out of my garage, I receive a video call from my girls so I answer it. 

"HEY!" Katy screams and I shush.

"Oooh look at the black hair." Shayla says and I put my fingers to my lips. "What's going on?"

"Maya is in the back, she just fell asleep." I whisper. "She's been so fussy today so this is a heaven sent right now."

"We really need to meet up soon

"We really need to meet up soon." Katy says and I nod my head as I put my phone on the car tripod. 

"I know, we haven't hung out in so long." I say because it's true. I haven't hung out with them properly since our girls trip. I briefly saw them at my concert but since so many people wanted to talk to me afterwards, I wasn't able to have a proper sit down with them.

I start backing out of my garage, playing soft music to keep Maya asleep.

"How are you dealing with the whole Terrence situation?" Shayla asks and I shrug my shoulders as I leave my drive.

"I'm obviously annoyed that he would do that at my comeback concert. I have given him no reason not to trust me, we have literally been like velcro. We do everything and go everywhere together." I kiss my teeth. 

"I am so surprised by all of this." Katy says with a look of disappointment. I finally make it onto the main road so I make sure to keep my eyes on the road.

"Right, what a douchebag." Shayla comments.

"Well at least he showed me who he really is and how he really felt." I purse my lips as I slow down as the stop light goes yellow. "It hurts because he did it on my special night, imagine if I cancelled the show because of him."

"Have you spoken to him since?" Katy asks and I shake my head. I roll my windows up and I double check to see that my doors are locked as people try approaching my car. 

Thankfully the light goes green and I drive out of there.

 I hate when people approach your car because you never know their intentions. I once had some crazy person open my passenger door while Maya was in the back. They almost got in but I pepper sprayed them, the event truly left me traumatised.

I continue talking to the girls about their lives until I pull up at Michael's house. I say goodbye to them as I drive in through the gates which I had Michael get once Maya started sleeping over.

---

"So, it's over between you guys?" Michael asks and I nod my head

"Yeah, it ended just before my show. Terrence and I haven't spoken since so I mailed all his shit to his place." 

Michael chuckles, "What did you ever do with my stuff?"

"Burnt most of it then donated the rest." I say with a wink and he laughs.

We fall into a comfortable silence as Michael finishes putting the clothes into the washing machine. We have been playing with Maya for hours then we started doing some arts and crafts which led to us getting paint all over us.

"He didn't deserve you." Michael softly says, "Nobody does, you're worth more than anyone on this world."

"It sucks but I'll get over it." I sigh, "I just need to focus on myself and my daughter."

"I'm sorry." Michael mumbles as I look through the open door and at our sleeping daughter.

"What for?"

"Not being the man that you needed, for hurting you." He puts the basket down and presses a few buttons on the machine.

"Put a shirt on." I mumble as I leave the room.

"Distracting you?" He laughs so I simply bend down to pick up Maya's toy, flashing him my nude lace thong. "Damn."

"Oh, what was that?" I fake confusion as I throw him a wink. "Distracting you?"

"Not for long." He mutters under his breath as I pick up Maya, I start walking her towards the room that she has here. Michael follows after me and I know that he is having the time of his life, looking under my skirt.

Once I put Maya down, I put a toy in there with her before turning on the baby monitor.

I walk out the door and I close the door slightly.

"Mic--" I gasp as I take in his naked appearance. I have not seen Michael like this in such a long time.

"Am I distracting you?" He asks as he flexes his muscles.

I decide to step up the game so I take my hat off and fling it to the side. 

"Have I got your attention?" I seductively ask, praying that my wig hasn't shifted.

"Have I?" He asks as he grabs himself. I smirk as I start walking to his room, I pull off my white shirt and chuck it towards him as I get to work on taking off my bra. "That's not fair, I can't see."

"But I have your attention." I respond as I sway my hips a little. Once I walk inside the room, I turn around to give him a glimpse of my bare chest before kicking the door shut with a sly smirk on my face.

Do I want this to happen?

Am I ready to give Michael another chance?

So many questions start to invade my mind but I have no time to think through of answer as Michael opens the door, he walks in and then shuts it.

At this point, I'm only wearing a black mini skirt with a nude thong and black heels. 

"You want this?" Michael asks as he leans against the door.

I put my hands behind my back, slowly sliding the zipper down. Once the zipper is undone, my skirt falls straight to my feet and Michael does a sharp intake as he takes in my new mommy curves. 

"You got a new tattoo." He states and my hand lightly traces my left hip where a tattoo of Maya's footprint lays. 

"So did you." I say with a twinkle in my eye. 

Michael has Maya's name and date of birth tattooed on his left bicep.

"Because it's closer to the heart." We both say.

Michael walks over to me and stops right infront of me. He cups my face and looks me in the eyes.

"There's no going back." He says and I nod my head.

"No going back." And for the first time in a year, our lips meet for a passionate embrace.