Chapter 32

We have some sun in London but I was warned that it wouldn't last so I made sure to bring a fur coat and I have a list of stores written on my phone in case of emergencies. 

"Hello I'm Joanne at BBC Radio 1 and we are joined by the ever so beautiful singer Luxury Lopez." Joanne says into the mic.

"Hey." 

"We also have the beautiful beauty blogger Shayla." Joanne continues while looking at us with a smile.

"What's good, London?" Shayla responds and I shake my head.

"So, we have a few fan questions that we will be answering later on in the interview. Now, Luxury you are coming out with a new album." 

I nod my head before remembering to use my voice, "Yes I am, it is titled La Vida."

"Can you tell us a little about the album? Any inspirations about it." Joanne looks at me, giving me her undivided attention.

"La Vida is literally The Life. With my music, I always want people to get a feel of who I am as an individual as opposed to who they think I am. La Vida is me rediscovering myself and realising that somethings have to end. Once the album is released, people will gain a better understanding as to what I mean. I heavily refer to my romantic life and how it affected me." I respond before biting my cheek.

"From our understanding, it appears that you are still very much friends with Christian De Luca." 

"Christian and I have a lot of history and an experience that I will never forget, whether it be good or bad. He was in my life for almost a decade and we dated for half of that." I scratch my head, "We are not the best of friends but we are more acquaintances than friends since there are many things still unresolved."

"The question on our lips is whether you are currently in a relationship." Joanna looks at us, excited for my response which makes Shayla and I laugh.

"Truth be told, my relationship status is complicated but I am seeing someone as of now." I carefully respond. Joanne then begins to ask Shayla questions on her life with Les, makeup collaborations and her future plans.

We had a few fan questions which were mostly about my parents or Michael.

"Luxury, you recently announced that you are leaving Quay behind." I smile at this.

"Yes, I have been working with Quay for quite sometime but I do feel that it is time for me to move on from that and begin new ventures." I sigh, "It's difficult but my last collection will be coming out in a few months then there will be a limited edition collection available a week after that."

"You are booming in the beauty industry just having released a new collection with your own cosmetics line." I grin at her. "What do you plan to do next?"

"For Luxe-Dia Cosmetics, if people continue to follow the page or check the website then there are regular updates on what's happening. My recent collection did amazingly well, thank you so much to all of you guys. I'm just going to be restocking previous collections for a limited time and unveiling new products in the coming year." I clap my hands and they all laugh at me. "Besides beauty, my album is coming out this month which is dope and I am so pleased to show off this creation to the world. Besides that I can't remember anything from the top of my head but I may be just taking some time off before tour."

---

Michael came to visit since he has a few photoshoots to do, I asked Shayla if she was ok with him joining us and she didn't mind. Since I brought Shayla along with me, I'm not going to be out taking day trips with Michael.

Shayla and I had definitely not packed as well as I thought we had since this weather was too damn cold. It's a good thing that we bought jackets but not warm enough so we actually reached out to a few British companies to send us some fur coats and warm clothing. 

We could've went to the stores ourselves but I didn't want to risk getting mobbed since I don't usually come to London as often. The times that I've been here have usually been for events or concerts, so I'm never really here for more than 3 days. 

There is some makeup launch happening and we were invited as the guests of honours

There is some makeup launch happening and we were invited as the guests of honours. I didn't feel like dressing up so I kept it really casual just because I couldn't be bothered to dress up. 

"Thank God for this thigh highs." Shayla happily states, "They're keeping these thick thighs warm af."

I look down at my feet which are going slightly pink, "Don't even get me started on my footwear."

Michael puts his arm over my shoulder as we walk into the event. Since we have some time to mingle Shayla went to go speak to a few British beauty bloggers while Michael walked us to a corner.

"How you been?" He asks as he kisses my cheek. "I missed your ass."

"Tired, I've barely begun press and I am already exhausted." I pull him in for a hug while looking up at his face, he pecks my lips and I smile up at him. "I kinda missed your ass too."

"We should get together more." He playfully whispers in my ear as we sway from side to side. "Where are you heading next?"

"I have to go to New York by the end of the week then I'm really just bouncing around different talk shows and award shows to help promote my album." I reply as I rest my head on his chest.

"Are you nervous?" 

"I make good music but it's hard having to say my love died then having to summarise my relationship as well as talking about my new life." I shrug my shoulders. "It's hard allowing the world to see the vulnerability of your life."