Chapter 63

Posted 29 minutes ago

LuxeLopez: Are y'all ready for Blair Richardson aka The Brain? @AllFemale 

675,458 likes ~ 1,993 comments

---

I've just been having meetings all day since Michael has Maya for the day. I am happy to hear that he is finally about to introduce Maya to her brother, even though his son was at the christening, they never communicated.

I started the meetings at 6 am and my first meeting was with my Luxe Glass team. Luxe Glass is my sunglasses line which I created and started selling when I was pregnant. Since I previously worked with Quay, they allowed me to resell Quay x Luxe plus create the designs that we worked on but never got made. The meetings were about the latest collection which we just released and the new limited edition pieces that are coming out soon. 

At 8 am, I headed to the building next door for my Luxe Dia meeting. Luxe Dia is my makeup line which was my first business and it is always doing so well in terms of sales. The Pink Dreams collections recently launched and it was literally sold out in minutes. We know need to restock that, release some limited edition makeup products and I am looking to collaborate with someone. 

After that, I had an hour long meeting with my YouTube team. I had to get a team together once I was pregnant so that they could manage my YouTube channel, making sure that everything is on schedule and performing well. When we arrived back in LA, I filmed a new video about my engagement which is currently being edited as we speak as well as other makeup videos.

By 11 am, I already finished my break before going on 30 minute skype call with the producers of All Female. I was informed that cast images should be released soon and that I have a gym/training session booked in for 1pm.

I'm due to start shooting Bad Boys 3 so this training session also contributes to that but it means that I have to work extra hard. I have actually decided to drop out of the CSI acting job but I was told that my invitian remains open which is nice because I'm just so busy right now.

Before I went to my gym session, I had an hour long skype call with my record label whom I have decided to part from. Not everyone is pleased with my decision to leave the music business so I'm just doing things my way. I want to release an album dedicated to Maya but I think that will be it. Maybe I will change my mind in the future but then I would rather do everything independent.

---

That gym/training session whooped my ass. I literally had to have Quincy pick me up since I am so exhausted, I had gotten used to doing meetings back to back but that gym session was something else.

Luckily I leave my emergency makeup in Quincy's car, I was able to beat my face again. It is almost 3:15 and we are going to meet up with Michael to discuss Maya.

"How's your day been?" Quincy asks as I pick up our starbucks order, I ordered a strawberries and cream fraccupinco and I got Quincy a vanilla cream frappe.

"It's been jam packed with meetings then I had to do a gym session which has wiped me out." I exhaustedly say as I sip on my drink. "What about you?"

"I was on set for a few hours but I wrapped for the day." He responds with a shrug. "Nothing too fancy."

"What business do you have with Michael?" Quincy asks and I sigh.

"I have to sort out our arrangements with Maya since I'm about to start shooting two different movies."

"Aight." He rolls his eyes and I narrow mine at him. "Are you happy with Terrence?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask as I look down at my engagement ring. 

"I just don't want you rushing into things that you are not ready for. You may be my older sister but I still have to protect you." All I can do is smile at Quincy as we pull up at our destination.

"I really appreciate that, Quinc." I kiss his cheek before we get out of the car.

We head into the cafe where Michael is already seated.

"Hey." He says as soon as he spots us, I give him a tight lipped smile and Quincy glares at him as we take our seat.

"Ok, I've received my schedule for my movies and I will be going out of town a couple of times." I state, getting straight to business as I lay out my schedule on the table. "I am willing to let you have Maya for the week that I am out of time but you need to keep in contact with me and you need to give my mom the key to your place. If you don't agree to that then you can only have her for a few days."

"She's my daughter too." He says and I stop with a nasty glare of my own.

"She's my daughter and she is my first priority. I don't trust you enough to let you have her while I'm not in town. I want my mom to pop in at any time she sees fit to see her granddaughter because I trust my mom more than I trust you." I clear my throat before going back to my schedule. I start noting down the days that he can have her as well as the routine that I've been getting her into. 

We then go through his schedule to check for conflicting schedules as Quincy orders his own food to eat.

At one point I have my left hand on the table as I write down additional notes for Michael. Even though he is her dad, he isn't around enough to know her and that's not because of me. It was his choice.

"You're engaged, huh." He looks at my finger and I shrug my shoulders.

"That doesn't matter, Michael. We are only here to talk about Maya." I state as I withdraw my hand.

"I wish things were different." Michael mutters and I look up at him.

"So do I." I smile sadly. "One day I hope that things will be ok between us. I wish it wasn't like this but I can't take responsibility for what has happened. At first I blamed myself but I am not to blame. The men that I loved decided to abuse me, that was their choice and not mine."

"Luxe." His head drops and I lean forward.

"You hurt me." I hiss. "I did everything to make it right but you only got worse. I don't know what's wrong with me but from day one, you have had some hidden issue about me. When you figure that out, call me."