Chapter 23

I do a quick glam in my car before getting out and heading into Nia's home studio which she just had installed in her basement.   

I spot Elle Lex and Kandice Kardashian there. We ended up doing a random collaboration which we are filming today and it will preview on my youtube channel.

We take a few group selfies before discussing the song that we are recording. It's a cover of Symphony by Zara and honestly it's such a dope song. 

Obviously with most of us being signed we had to be speak with our management about this beforehand especially since a few of us have albums on the way. Due to our contracts we can't just collaborate or post covers with other stars unless it's been discussed with our label. Mine was giving me a headache since I haven't released any music in sometime but my contract is due to finish this year so I simply let them know that I will be progressing to another label- they gave in.

 Mine was giving me a headache since I haven't released any music in sometime but my contract is due to finish this year so I simply let them know that I will be progressing to another label- they gave in

Nia and I set up our camera's so it can be angled right. We do a few takes of just us talking so we could see if we like how we looked on camera. 40 minutes later, we were set.

I sit at the piano as we sing the song, luckily I learned the keys overnight at my moms place or else we would have to do a separate recording and have that as the playback.

---

"Girl, you was feeling that." Nia says as she sips on water. "Damn, chile who be hurting you?"

"Life is just complicated." I reply with a sigh. "I honestly can't wait to release this album and go on tour. I feel like I'm wasting my time, I'm so busy but I still have too much time on my hands."

"Lucky for you, my album comes out next year." Elle groans, "Do you know what it's like to have to push back your album into the next year because everyone is releasing theirs around the same time? I've literally had to sit around doing nothing but now that I'm here, I'm working my ass off. I even have days where I record two music videos in one day."

"We are so overworked." Nia agrees. 

"I'm so used to being busy, that I don't even know what to do." I mutter while laying down on her sofa.

"Be careful not to drop your wine." Nia says while pointing at my glass, "That carpet cost me like sixty bucks but it's the only one left of its kind."

"Sixty bucks?" Kandice looks at her with wide eyes. "Get me a deal like that, the one that I have in my guest lounge cost forty five thousand dollars."