Chapter 12

After my argument with Michael, I let the girls know that I was leaving and I did so that very night. You can call me a coward for running away but I don't want another Christian situation to happen.

I'm not mentally ready for all the fights and arguments.

When I arrived in LA, I randomly found myself at the Hillsong church. I needed to center my mind and spirit, church was where it was at. I hadn't been church in years but by doing so, I was able to realise that I needed to work on myself.

I needed a lot of work on myself and my inner peace.

Michael never got in contact with me and vice versa but I did reach out to him last night asking him to show up for my performance at Hillsong. I was asked to perform a couple of nights ago and I couldn't be happier so I invited my parents and Michael.

I hug my father once he arrives at the venue before turning to face his mother who I also greet. I'm happy to see my father here because like myself, we all stopped going church a long time ago. When you are in this line of work, people are very quick to cast you out of their church.

We sing for more than half of the service before I'm called to head on back where I speak with some of the pastors

We sing for more than half of the service before I'm called to head on back where I speak with some of the pastors. I have to memorise a sermon about Transfiguration which I do so with ease before I am welcomed on stage.

I spend the next ten minutes delivering what I would believe is a powerful sermon about finding self and giving your life to christ before I sing the song.

I close my eyes as I lavish in the experience and in the moment. My hands are raised and for the first time in a very long time I feel lifted. 

---

Michael never showed up for the service and I left it at that. My father took us out to eat which served as a great distraction as I became focused on my parents getting back together.

This church experience has me wanting to record a worship album but I don't want to be held accountable for the words that I preach. I don't know if I will continue going church but this is an experience that I cherish for the rest of my life.

Two weeks have passed since my trip to Bahamas and my career has been blowing up. I have been posting back to YouTube videos which my fans have been loving. 

Love Like This is no longer number one but it is still top 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 which is pretty amazing. I released the music video to La Vida and the audio to Kodak which have been highly praised.

Without Michael in my life, I have been able to solely focus on promoting my upcoming album.

Not long from now, I will be releasing the audio to Latin Barbie and Ken on my VEVO page. To get the fans pumping, I invited Christian over to my house so that we can livestream the song before it drops.

"Hey guys, I've been so pleased to hear your positive response to my new music. I promise that the my album is dropping soon, I just want it to be perfect for you all. As you may or may not know, the audio to Latin Barbie and Ken will be out today." I smile at Christian who looks happy for me. "Before it drops I wanted to preview the song for you with..."

Christian pops out from behind the camera and the fans start going crazy in the comments when he sits down besides me. I make sure to take a quick screen grab because we look cute together.

 I make sure to take a quick screen grab because we look cute together

"Hey guys." Christians winks at the camera and I look at him all starry eyed. "I just wanted to say how happy I am for Luxe. Being able to work with her for all these years has just been an honor."

I close my eyes as he leans his forehead against mine before playfully pushing me away, creating some space between us.

"Luxury is one deserving woman and she deserves so much better than she gets. I wasn't the best boyfriend and obviously our relationship has run its course." Christian looks down at me for a moment before ruffling my hair. "I just continue to wish her the best of luck with her success. Hopefully this album will land her a Grammy or three."

"Thank you so much, Chris." I pinch his cheeks before turning to look at my phone, ignoring the comments about us rekindling our relationship and questions about Michael. "Here is Latin Barbie and Ken."

I smile as I start playing the song. I pick my phone up and I place it on my tripod on my desk before taking a few steps back to sing along to the song.

I alreayd have a few choreographed moves for the song so I decide to show some of it off so that the fans know the move for the concerts. Christian joins in a few times but we always have to stop when we get too risque.

Once the song ends I take my phone off the tripod.

"Latin Barbie and Ken will be live in ten minutes, don't forget to tell me what you think." I wink at my camera before blowing kisses and ending the instagram live. 

"Thank you for coming through for me." I say to Christian as I lay down on my head.

"Michael is a fool to let you go and an even bigger fool for not calling." He comments and I shrug my shoulders as we spoon. "He was watching."

I tense at this. 

"He was?" 

"Yup, that's why the fans were going crazy about him in the comments." Christian kisses the back of my head, "I have to head back to work."

"Are we still shooting in a few days?" I ask with a yawn. 

Christian hands me the copy of my new contract before kissing my forehead and heading out.