Chapter 54

Posted 5 minutes ago

LuxeLopez: Maya's mama.

11,028 likes ~ 200 comments

---

After leaving the meeting I encountered so many paparazzi, it gave me slight anxiety so I told my parents to cancel the reservations made. I would rather eat at my dad's place than be out in public with a newborn. 

I made the decision to change clothes after Maya's puked out all the milk that I gave her, what a waste of my breast milk. By the time I had arrived, they were all in the backyard either in the  pool or lounging around so I decided to join them.

I smile as the twins and Chance play with Maya as I take a well needed rest on the sun lounger. 

"Where's Michael?" "How was the meeting?" My parents both ask at the same time before looking at eachother

"The meeting was really good. All positive things and I am honestly excited for what the future has in store." I smile before letting it drop. "I don't think Michael and I will get back together."

"Oh hunny." My mom fake pouts when really she doesn't like him. "Why not?"

"I just..." I don't want to mention what occurred today. "I just don't anything more to do with him.  I have my Maya and that is enough,  my plan is to focus on her and my career."

"I think that's a good idea." Diddy says while giving me a look. "You don't need no man to distort you from your path. You already lost your way and I don't want to see that from you again Luxe. You have your baby, now get your priorities straight."

I move my hair out of my way as I nod my head in agreement.

"He can still be there for Maya but that's it. I don't need Michael in my personal life, I am officially done with him." I bite my lip to prevent myself from breaking out into tears. "It's not going to be an easy journey but Maya and I will get through it strong."

I hear Maya crying so I rush over to her before thanking my sisters. She immediately calms down as soon as we have that skin to skin contact so I make my way onto a hammock that is shielded from the sun. I lay on it with Maya on my chest. 

Christian takes that distraction as the perfect opportunity to play the music that he has been working on which is really dope.

"When are you guys beginning the wedding preparation?" I ask my mom as she looks over at me.

"I've booked a few appointments with a wedding planner but I have to ask you something." I nod my head at her words. "Will you be my maid of honour?"

I sit up carefully as I look at her in shock.

"Mama..." I mumble as I feel tears beginning to surface. 

Being a maid of honour is definitely an honour in itself and it is a tough job.

My mom chuckles, "Will you be my maid of honour, Luxe?"

"Of course I will."

---

I know that posting a picture of myself and Christian on my Instagram story is problematic

I know that posting a picture of myself and Christian on my Instagram story is problematic. At this point I really don't give a shit since Christian holds a place in my heart.

During my pregnancy, Christian and I have been able to build something special and I do see him as my family. Even though my family with the exception of Diddy are against it, he really does mean a lot to me and I just can't find it in me to cut him out.

"What's life like with the little one?" Christian asks as we lay down in Maya's playroom which is filled with non creepy cuddly toys and books. 

I stroke Maya's hair as she lays besides me, fast asleep.

"It's a struggle but she makes it worth it. Maya is perfect, she is everything that I could have ever wanted and more."

"She really is beautiful." He softly says as he smiles at me. "I'm happy for you and Michael. It hasn't been easy but I'm happy that he gave you all of this because I was the reason why you weren't able to."

I don't respond because it is not something that I want to discuss. When time comes when I want more children then I will either turn to surrogacy or adoption.

"Have you heard about the new contract that I am offering you?" I look away as I nod my head. "What do you think?"

"I think that it could be inappropriate." I sigh, "We have so much history, I used to work for your company and I'm out of that contract. I am grateful for this opportunity and I know that we would smash it but I feel as if things are shifting towards us. I just don't want things getting carried away like it always does."

"I understand." He looks away, unimpressed.

"You have to understand where I'm coming from." I sit up. "When my album went 3x platinum, you kissed me."

He sits up straight.

"I know and I was wrong for that, Luxe. You know that I'm always going to love you, even when we are not together. You are always going to hold a place in my heart." He cups my face before kissing my lips and I end up surprising myself by kissing back.

"Oh hell no."