Chapter 20

Bad boys, bad boys

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do

When they come for you

---

The Bad Boy function had been going on for over an hour before I arrived, I arrived with my mom and Kandice Kardashian. I haven't spoken to Michael in a bit and he seems to be doing just fine without me chilling with Jesse Williams.

He gives me a weak smile as I walk in but I slide my shades back up as I walk past him, I don't even greet Diddy cause I don't know what the fuck he said to Michael. We were repairing our relationship only for my dad to interfere and now I'm practically single again.

I look over at Lil Kim who is sitting besides Faith Evans, I decide to keep my face blank cause that's a whole mess over there

I look over at Lil Kim who is sitting besides Faith Evans, I decide to keep my face blank cause that's a whole mess over there. They're cool but their whole past together just throws me off, so when I  see them together I'm always careful with what I say. I sure as hell ain't gonna ask them about Biggie when they're together cause that's me losing my life.

I spot French Montana with my dad, French winks at me as he continues to laugh as DJ Khaled talks about whatever. Long story short Karim has pursued me on many occassions, especially whenever Christian and I broke up. I won't say that nothing happened between us but there definitely isn't a future between us. We've kissed a few times, had a few gropes here and there but nothing more.

He took me out on his yacht one time and I made sure to wear a blonde wig because I didn't want to be recognised, luckily I wasn't. The amount of paparazzi that we got was crazy, Karim isn't a bad guy but it didn't stop him from engaging in a full blown makeout session with me infront of the cameras. It was on the news for days but luckily he was spotted with Iggy a week later so people assume it was her which is crazy. It doesn't even make sense, she's pale and tall with tattoos heck we don't even have the same body type.

I know for a fact that my mother figured it out because she stopped me attending Bad Boy events for months, if I went I was always accompanied by her.

"Hey Co-Bae." I hear and I smile at Terrence's voice before we embrace in a hug, one that doesn't go unnoticed by Michael who is currently clenching his jaw. 

"Hey, how are you?" I ask as we pull away.

"Good, just checking out my future babe who is looking fineeeeeee." I laugh as he pretends to check me out from all angles. I nod at Cassie who walks over. 

I don't have any hard feelings towards her, she's really dope but I won't say that we are the best of friends. It was weird having her be my dad's girlfriend for so many years when she ain't even a decade older than me. 

"Hey girl. Lookin' fly as per usual." She comments as we briefly hug.

"And you is glowing." I comment as I check her out, "New man alert."

"Just an old time love." She cooly replies but I notice the warmth in her cheeks so i smile softly at her. 

"You deserve to be happy Cas," I say as I wrap an arm around her shoulder. 

"SO, y'all just gonna dismiss me?" Terrence interrupts but we ignore him.

"I'm glad you moved on cause I'm on Team Diddy and JLO getting back together."

"Damn, is this don't show love to Terrence day today?" Terrence says while Cassie and I have a conservation with eachother. "Mmmkay, let me hit up Michael instead."

I turn to face him sharply.

"Why do you wanna see him for?" I question.

"Cause before we became co-bae's, Michael was a pal. That got ruined cause your current bae doesn't want you having a co-bae."

"It's strictly work, it isn't that deep." I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Well explain that to him cause his ass is walking over here and he don't look happy." Terrence says with raised brows. I look back only to see that Mchael is indeed walking over looking pissed. 

Once he reaches us he puts his arm over my shoulder and pulls me close.

"Terrence. Cassie." He says while looking annoyed, "I need to talk to my girlfriend."

Before they could even reply, Michael drags me away to a corner that isn't as filled with many celebrities.

"You still talking to him?" He asks while looking away and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"He's an acquaintance and is going to be in my future music videos. I take my craft seriously and I'm not going to drop him just because you are feeling jealous." I say while crossing my arms. "You're acting annoying for no reason."

"You're the one acting too high and mighty." I scoff at him.

"I've been sorting myself out, when I'm free I invite you out but you never return my calls. I don't know what the fuck my dad said to you but I won't stand for this constant disrespect. I deserve so much better than that and so much better than you." I narrow my eyes as I then begin to curse him out.

"Mija, that's enough." My mom says as she steps inbetween us, "We don't roll like that."

"He's an asshole." I whine.

"Yes, he is." She gives my cheek a litttle tap before turning to face Michael, "Get the fuck out."

"What?" Michael looks at her disbelief.

"You're not invited you can leave and I don't want to see you near my daughter unless she wants you." My mother hisses at him. "Fuck with my daughter and I'll end that career of yours."

"Mom." I cry out.

"You've suffered long enough and I won't let you suffer at the hands of another man who is foolish enough to not that you are worth it." She turns to face me. "You are worth it, baby."

Kandice comes out from nowhere and places her hand on my shoulder. 

"Luxe, you are worth so much more. If Michael can't see that or is too insecure to see that then forget him because he's not worth it." Her eyes begin to fill with tears. "I'm sorry about what you went through, I'm really sorry."

I bite my lips as I clutch my chest, I let out a yell of agony and I hear many hushed voices. I look around to see many faces stare at me a I find myself falling down only to be caught by mother. I begin to cry my eyes out as I think of what my relationship with Christian did to me.