Chapter 53

Posted 10 seconds ago

LuxeLopez: All secrets revealed, up now on my channel.

232 likes ~ disabled comments

---

I sigh as I hear Maya screaming her head off. I was just able to get some makeup on before she woke up. 

Having a newborn is no joke so respect to all the moms there. I'm actually blessed to have many acres of land because it means that I get zero noise complaints. I currently have my mom and Michael staying with me for the time being as we work through the first few weeks.   

I've actually been considering moving out of this home, even though I've only been living here for less than a year. My only issue is that the house is a mansion, it's really big. It doesn't make sense for me to live here alone with Maya if Michael and I are not making moves to be together.

Having 10 bedrooms for 2 people does not make any sense and I'm not about to be having people completely move in. I sure as hell will not be moving in his other baby mother like how he tried to suggest. This home plus the renovations made for my child cost me around 20 million dollars and unless somebody is about to drop me a couple of millions, they ain't moving in. 

I walk into my daughters temporary bedroom only to see Michael carrying her. 

"I've got her

"I've got her." He says once he spots me and I just roll my eyes. 

"Since you've got her, get her ready please." I say while switching on the lights. "I have a meeting and then I'm meeting my parents for lunch."

"Why are you going to meetings? You've just had Maya." He asks while kissing our daughter on the cheeks. I'll let y'all know, Maya is a mommy's girl and rightfully so. 

"I still need to make my plans for tour and my next album, it's not as if I'm working now. I'm just preparing for the future." I respond with a sigh.

"I don't feel comfortable about this." I narrow my eyes at him. "And my daughter is not going on tour with you."

"Funny." I step into the room and snatch my daughter out of his hands before carefully resting her against my chest. "Well considering you weren't there during my pregnancy and you missed the birth. I don't think you have much of a say."

"She's my daughter."

"What have you done for your daughter?" I hiss at him. "Besides hugging her or carrying her after she naps. You don't do shit for her, hell she hasn't even met her half brother yet and on that not... shouldn't you be gone."

"Don't be like that." He gets in my face. "I'm tired of your moody ass, I'm glad that I don't fuck with you."

"Get the fuck out of my house." I calmly say before turning away and walking out with Maya. 

I feel a hand go around the back of my neck and my eyes go wide as I almost drop my baby.

"Michael!" I support my baby with one arm and use my other hand to backhand him. "Touch me again and I'm calling the police."

I quickly rush out the room with my daughter before running into my room and locking the door. I put Maya down on my bed before completely breaking down.

---

"Is tour still an option?" Somebody asks and I think for a moment

"I definitely can't do it with Maya being so young so maybe after the release of my next album, I'll do a 2 year world tour with the necessary breaks. Then by time I finish, Maya will be old enough for preschool or whatever." I state as I fiddle with the pen in my hand. "I definitely do feel bad about not going on tour but the tour life isn't something for a newborn."

"We completely understand your decision and we feel as if you have made the right choice." He says as he jots down some notes. "We also have the acoustic and live version of LA Vida ready to be dropped as a way of compensating for no tour."

"Perfect!" I smile down at my little Maya who is currently staring at me. 

"Your new business venture has been going amazing, we've sold out for the fifth time and ready for the new launch." I smile at the news. While I was pregnant I decided to start a new company, I now sell my own sunglasses which is exciting. I'm currently rocking one of the first pairs that I made and it is my absolute fave.

Glam-Dia has been doing amazing, I've hired more people to help me with the products just because it was becoming a bit much to deal with alone.

Acting wise, I had my jobs either dropped or pushed back due to me being bedridden at 5 months. 

"CSI have approached you for an episode." My eyes go wide. "They want you to be the centre of the episode but we will receive a copy of the script in a few days. There's a new action movie in the works about female hitmen, they want you as one."

I smile as we begin to go through the acting jobs that have been presented to me, I'm so grateful for this. I am also grateful for the two Grammy awards that I won while pregnant as well as the 4 Latin Grammy awards that I won that same year.

Maya begins to make small noises so I give her my finger to play with as I continue on with the meeting.

"Although your contract with DeLuca & Rizzo finished almost a year ago, they have approached you with a new contract." I look at him with a weird look. "Mr Christian DeLuca wants to do a collaborative collection together."

Oh boy.