Chapter 69

"They removed my womb?" I quietly ask my mother, hoping that this is just a dream.

"You was getting worse, we were losing you." My mom whispers as she looks me in my eyes. "I'm sorry baby."

I say nothing as I stare into space, a few tears roll down my face as I think of what my life now means.

I had a miscarriage.

I had my womb removed.

I almost died.

"Luxe." My dad starts but I shake my head.

"I want to be alone, thank you." I quietly say as I turn my head to the side, not making contact with anyone.

"Luxe." Michael says.

"Please." I'm on the verge of tears as I bite down on my lower lip, I would say that I don't want them to see my weak state but they have seen me at my weakest state. My chances of carrying another child is gone for good.

They took that from me.

As soon as I hear the door shut, I burst into tears as I think of everything that I have been through. Life has not been fair to me at all.

I have really suffered.

I feel a hand touch mine and I instantly recognise the touch so I say nothing.

"It's ok, baby. Let it out." Nia's soothing voice hits me and in that moment, I release everything that I have held in.

---

Posted 1 hours ago

Posted 1 hours ago

KillerHouswives: The Killer Housewives team is so glad to welcome back @LuxeLopez She is our definition of a hardworking mother, she is ICONIC and we can't wait for you all to see what we have been working on. #WelcomeBackLuxe

243,945 likes ~ 11,398 comments

---

It took me three months to somewhat feel normal. A month after I left the hospital, I was back again because I had another infection. For three months I focused on my recovery and trying to feel like myself again. I luckily had a great support system but I was not the same. For three months, I did not raise my daughter. I left her to the hands of Michael and my parents, I just couldn't do it.

Becoming Luxe Lopez was not an easy job.

The first thing that I did was go back to work, I should have went to get Maya but I chose to go back to work. Would I regret that? Probably but it seemed right at that time.

I left my phone at home and went to film for the whole day. Naturally, everyone grew worried so by the time I arrived home, I was all over the news. My family and friends were waiting in my home, they look scared but I didn't care. 

I felt as if I lost a piece of myself. 

My mother was the first person on her feet when I walked into the home, she scolded me before crying in my arms. It took four hours before everyone finally decided to leave, leaving just my brothers that I live here and myself.

"Could you bring Maya to the house tomorrow?" I ask Quincy who is giving me a look of concern.

"Of course I will." 

I give him a faint nod. "That's good, it will be a good day tomorrow."

"How did you go back to work?" Justin curiously asks and I give him a blank look.

"Easily."

I made my way into my bedroom and just sat there for an hour before pulling out my notebook. I then began to plan out the next few days, I planned out the things that Luxe would do. 

---

"Why are you wearing a suit?" I ask Michael who has just walked into my backyard. "Where's Maya?"

"This is you seeing me properly after a long time, I had to make sure that I looked my best." He confidently says as he strides over to me. "Maya is inside with Quincy, he'll bring her out in a minute but we need to talk."

"Ok."

"You look beautiful." He softly says while cupping my face and I lean into his embrace. "I've missed you."

"I've missed me too." I mumble under my breath.

"There is something that I have to ask you but before I ask you, I need you to know that I am here for you

"There is something that I have to ask you but before I ask you, I need you to know that I am here for you." He looks me in the eyes. "Do you know that?"

I nod my head.

"I'm here for you and I love you so much. What you went through wasn't easy to witness, it was almost two weeks of hell. We didn't know if you would make it or not, all these were being run but nothing conclusive was coming back." He leans his forehead against mine. "I've lost you once, I almost you again. I don't want to keep losing you, my heart beats for you and it beats for our daughter. We created a miracle, we created magic and I'll be damned if we just gave up over that."

"We could have had another baby." I croak. "I didn't even know that I was pregnant, we could have had a baby."

"But you don't know that." He silences me. "You don't know if we would have been able to keep our baby. You almost died trying to have Maya, I can't lose you Luxe and Maya can't lose her mommy. You are our world and we can't be without you. You don't know how everyone appreciates and loves you, you mean the world to all of us. When you were in hospital, there were fans outside everyday. The whole world went quiet, when you did. When you were in hospital, the whole world cried. At events, people would cry at the mention of your name. We were all hurting because we almost lost you."

A tear rolls down his face and I gently wipe it away.

"That's why I have to do this." He clicks his finger and Maya comes running out of the house. A smile graces my face as I watch my daughter run over to me with a bouquet in her hands.

"Hey baby." I get down on my knees and pull her in for a hug. I cry as she starts telling me how much she loves and misses me. "Mommy missed you too."

As I stand to my feet with Maya in my hands, I turn back to see Michael on his knees. 

"Oh my God." I begin to cry again. "Michael."

"Luxury Dia Lopez-Combs, I love you." He clears his throat. "I want to continue this life with you, losing you made me lose me. We are made for eachother and I just want you to know that I've got you."

I nod my head as Maya wipes away my tears.

"Don't cry mommy." Maya's sweet little voice sounds in my ear.

"Luxe, will you marry me?"

"YES!"