Chapter 48

Posted 1 day ago

Posted 1 day ago

DeLucaRizzo: Luxury Lopez rocking the all denim 'Work Casual' piece from the latest A/W collection. Tap for item details.

757,988 likes ~ 34,766 comments

---

Posted 7 hours ago

Posted 7 hours ago

LuxeLopez: La isla bonita

4,884,847 likes ~ disabled comments

---

Word got out that I was spotted out with Michael and now it is fueling rumours all over the media. I initially wanted to address it straight away but my PR advised me against it since we want to keep the attention on my album which has been doing amazing. I can't wait to finalise tour details and begin rehearsals however I now need to let everyone know about the pregnancy.

I went on a short run in my backyard before having breakfast and rehearsing. Now that Elle's album is coming out, she is going to want to perform our song 'Pretty Girl Rock' and I need to make sure that my voice is in tip top shape. Especially since I'm now being booked to do different talk shows and concerts.

I watch my surveillance on my phone as my parents and Quincy walk up to my gates. My mom goes to put in the code but I unlock the gates for them before locking it once more. Thank God for technology, saves me the trouble of ever going down there.

Once they come up my drive, I have the door open waiting on their arrival.

"Luxe?" My mom calls out and I do a bird sound. "She's in the living room."

I smile as they all walk into my living room

I smile as they all walk into my living room. They each give me a hug and a kiss before taking a seat, opposite me.

"You look pretty." My mom comments with a smile before taking several pictures.

"Thank you, mommy."

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" My dad asks and I tilt my head to the side as I try to think of a response

"Better yet, why are you hanging around Michael again?" Quincy voices and I close my eyes for a moment.

"Luxe." My mom's soft voice breaks me out of the trance that I was slowly entering. "You need to tell them."

"Tell us what?" Quincy furrows his brows at us.

"You back with him?" My dad removes his sunglasses. "Cause that's not we finna do."

"I'm pregnant." I let out a deep sigh after making the revelation. "I'm pregnant with Michael's baby."

"WHAT!" Diddy's voice cracks as he stands up and puts his hands on his head. Quincy just buries his head in his hands, not making a sound as my mother looks on. "Jenny, tell me she's lying. Tell me this is a joke."

"She's pregnant." My mom confirms.

"You've never heard of protection?" Diddy scratches his head. "Scratch that; how are you pregnant? The doctors said that it was impossible."

"Exactly what I said." My mom gives me a pointed look. "Have you scheduled the abortion?" 

"I haven't." I softly respond as I place my hands on my lap. "I went to see the doctors yesterday to discuss my options."

"What options?" Quincy looks up at me. 

"I can carry the baby." I look at them, hopeful that my eyes don't look as dead as my voice sounds.

"What?" My mom does a double take.

"The doctor that I spoke with informed that I'm at a critical stage but my pelvic bone has healed in a way that I am able to carry my baby. It just means that I have to go above and beyond."

"Meaning what?" My mom sits close to sit as my dad takes a seat.

"I have to go for weekly checkups, I have my own nurse who I have to report any pain or discomfort to. I need to go back to physiotherapy to strengthen my pelvic bone as well as going in for weekly x rays which will be done during my check ups." I pick up my notebook as I read everything else off. "I have a list of activities that I can't do, I basically have to take it easy but..."

My mom looks at me with hopeful eyes. "But?"

"If my baby moves down then they would most likely have to perform a caesarean if they cannot get the baby back up." I breath deeply. "If they find that my pregnancy is deemed dangerous and high risk then my pregnancy will be terminated."

"Is it worth it?" Quincy covers his mouth as he looks at me with tear filled eyes. "You look so dead right now."

"I never thought I could have kids after my accident." I calm myself down. "I think I can do it, no i believe that I can."

"Babygirl." My dad gets down on his knees for me. "Please Luxe, my Luxe. I don't want to lose you and I don't want you to lose yourself to this. You could always adopt, do you hear me? You can still have children."

I lean my forehead against his. 

"I need to have this baby." I mutter. "This is my only chance."

My father leans away from me, clutching his chest.

"I..." He shakes his head as he walks away from us. I turn to my mom who has been silent since I made this revelation.

"If you believe that this is the ri-right choice then I will support you through this." She clutches my hands before kissing them. "I got you baby girl."

"I love you sis but you are risking your life." Quincy stands up. "I don't want to lose everybody in my life."

"And I can't lose this baby, Quinc." I look up at him. "I just need to know that my brother will be there for me, throughout all of this."

He walks over to me before placing one hand on my shoulder, "I'm always here, even though I don't support your decision."

I place my hands over his, squeezing it once before letting go. I don't watch as he walks away, following my father who has walked out into my backyard.

"Then you know that you can't tour." I sigh as I run my hands through my hair. "Luze, if you are keeping this baby then you will not be going on tour, that's the sacrifice that you have to make."

Sacrifice.