Virgil's Birthday

AN: Just a heads up, none of the fan-art on here is mine. Also please feel free to request some One Shot ideas or even ideas for longer stories. Thanks so much for reading this far and also thank you @jays-artwork for giving me this story idea! Hope y'all are having an amazing day!

-Talented_trash

"Shh...Don't wake him up yet.." Virgil rolled over in bed and opened his eyes slowly. "But Patton, it is a perfectly reasonable time to wake him." Virgil's door creaked open and Virgil closed his eyes again. "Yeah but everything needs to be perfect," Patton whisper yelled as he closed the door. "Not everything can be perfect love," Logan said as he chuckled and softly kissed his husbands cheek. "Don't distract me Lo..This does need to be perfect..It's his birthday." Logan chuckled and leaned on Virgil's door frame. "I think everything looks fine, besides, he'll love it no matter what." Patton sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine...let's wake him up." Virgil's door opened again and this time Logan and Patton both entered the room. "Vee? Vee are you awake," Patton coed as he knelled next to his sons bed and shook his shoulder. "Yeah," the small boy mumbled as he opened his eyes. "Guess what today is?" Patton's eyes were filled with excitement as Logan also joined him. "Um...Saturday?" The little boy sat up and looked at his two dads. "Wh-What's going on?" Logan placed a hand on Virgil's shoulder. "Based on your medical records..Today is your birthday," he declared softly waiting for Virgil to do something, anything. But he didn't he just sat there. "I know..what's your point." Patton giggled and sat down on the bed. "Well we want to do something for you!" Virgil's face contorted from confusion to concern. "L-Like what? You-You don't have to. You already d-do enough for me," he ranted as he stood up on the other side of his bed. "Yes..But we want to Vee.." Patton also stood up and walked over to his son. "First things first...You need a birthday hug." Virgil gladly wrapped his arms around Patton's waist, feeling comforted by his warmth and his heart beat. "Don't forget my hug." Logan came up from behind and hugged his son. "And guess what makes today even better?" Virgil pulled away and gave Patton a quizzical look. "We have a surprise for you! It's gonna be amazing!" Virgil smiled at his Dad's excitement. "Awesome." 

"Patton? Do you have everything we need?" Patton nodded as he buckled his seat belt and started the car.  "Dad, where are we going," Roman mumbled as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. It was still early and the two younger boys were already falling back asleep. "It's a surprise kiddo. It's for Virgil's birthday." Roman perked up a little bit. "Happy birthday Verge. How old are you now?" Virgil paused and thought about it. How old am I? I actually don't know..."I_I don't know.." Logan sighed and frowned. "S-Sorry Father," Virgil muttered as he pulled his sleeves over his hand and expertly kept his head down. "I'm not mad at you, I just wish we knew..there was no hospital records or anything when we adopted you.." Virgil nodded but still felt a small amount of fear building up in his chest. "Then how did you know his birthday is day," Roman questioned. "Oh...I remember that today my birthday..I just don't know how many I've had." Patton gave a sad look to Logan before turning onto the freeway. "Hey..It's okay kiddo. We can change the subject." Virgil looked up and smirked gratefully at Patton. "Alright, any guesses at where we're going?" Roman hummed as he thought. "Disneyland?!" Patton and Logan laughed as Virgil just sat there, looking confused. "Not today kiddo." Roman slouched a bit but shot up in an instant. "Disney World?!" Patton and Logan laughed again. "W-What are you guys talking about," Virgil questioned as he looked at Roman. "Oh ya know, the amusement park?" Virgil shook his head. "Roman you are making no sense right now." Patton chucked and pushed his glasses up on his nose. "Well that's something we'll have to do with you Virgil. But no, it's not an amusement park."  Virgil shrugged his shoulders as his eyes started to droop closed again. "I don't know..but whatever it is it'll be great." Patton made an 'aw' noise and handed Logan his phone. "Wanna listen to some Disney kiddos?" Logan plugged the phone into the radio and chuckled. "They're out Patt...I don't blame them. It is 5 am." Patton sighed dramatically as a raindrop fell on the windshield. "Do you wanna listen to Disney," he asked his husband hopefully as he turned on the windshield wipers. "Of course I do." 

"Wow! This city is huge!" Virgil and Roman both looked out their windows at the tall buildings and crowds of people. "Yup..This is San Francisco," Logan stated as he checked google maps again. "Turn left dear." Patton nodded and did as he was told. "Wow..Why are there so many people dressed up weird?" Patton chuckled and stopped at a red light. "You're birthday is October 31..Also known as Halloween," Roman said as he held back his laughter. "What's so funny about that," Virgil questioned skeptically. "Halloween just matches your aesthetic is all I'm gonna say. And my birthday matches my aesthetic too." Virgil frowned. "What's your birthday? Valentines day?" Roman nodded his head enthusiastically and did dramatic jazz hands. "Well, then it matches perfectly Romano." Logan smirked and gave Patton directions. "Okay..Here we are." A large sign that said OBSERVATORY and was covered in stars made Virgil gasp. "Really? You guys payed attention to that?!" Patton chuckled as he put some money in machine that gave them a ticket to enter the parking lot. "Well yeah kiddo. You never stopped talking about how much you loved learning about astrology in class last week so we decided this would be a fun gift." Virgil nodded with excitement and turned to face Roman. "This is gonna be so cool!" Roman laughed at his brothers excitement while he held out his hand for a high five. "Yeah!" Virgil flinched away from his brothers hand with a startled expression. "W-What?" Logan turned around and softly stroked Virgil's knee. "It's okay," he whispered. "it's a high five. You two hit hands..like this." Logan turned to Roman and sapped is hand. Virgil nodded and did the same. "Epic!" Patton stopped the car and unbuckled. "Let's go troops." 

"Thanks Dad's today was great," Virgil yawned as Logan carried him to the front door. "I'm glad you had fun." They walked into Virgil's room in silence. Logan carefully placed Virgil on his bed and pulled the blankets over him. "Hey Vee..I pulled some strings and finally got an answer to the question of the day," Logan said, hope filling his voice. "What's that?" Logan smiled and kissed Virgil's forehead. "Happy seventh birthday." Virgil smiled and sighed contently. "I'm seven?" Logan nodded and stroked his sons hair. "You're our smart, kind, caring, amazing seven year old." Virgil smiled and yawned again. "Thanks father..I love you." 

"I love you too Vee." 

So I'm thinking of making a separate one shot of what happened in the observatory but if i had done it in this chapter it would've been hecca long so yeah. I hope you liked it, if you didn't I'm sorry. I'm gonna try to post more often. Thanks for reading!

-Talented_trash