Missing You

AN: there's gonna be a part three of Escape soon, but for now i thought i'd give you guys some Patton and Logan stuff. so yee, enjoy the fluff while it's still here. italicized things are texts oh yeah! i finally have a timeline. i know it kinda throws things off, but this happened in 2007 Patton and Logan are 17.

-Talented_trash

Patton: Hey Logan!! Oh my goodness today has been so weird without you

Patton put down his phone and sighed. Logan was really his only friend at school besides Thomas, but it was different. They both knew it was different. But neither of them said anything. Patton picked his phone up again, hoping he had just missed the buzzing. He knew he didn't though. He clicked the power button a couple times, flashing the picture of him and Logan in front of the Golden Gate Bridge from a couple months ago. Logan never smiled in pictures, which made seeing him in person even more fantastic. Logan and his family had gone to Disneyland for the week. It was only the first day without him and Patton already missed him. Patton turned on his phone again and opened the messaging app.

Patton: Not trying to be clingy or anything, but I already miss you. Like a lot

Patton fell back onto his bed, his phone in his hand as he closed his eyes. You're probably annoying him, he thought as he sighed and rolled over to get comfy. He's trying to have a good time and you're just forcing your way in, taking his time. Then Patton felt his phone buzz. He quickly sat up again and turned it on, his heart skipping a beat when he saw Logan's name.

Logan: hello Patton, I also miss you. Disney would be a lot better if you were here.

Patton smiled so wide his cheeks hurt. Another text came in a Patton could barley repress a small giggle. Why did he even think Logan would be mad?

Logan: Also, it's only clingy if the other person doesn't want you to miss them. Not that I enjoy you missing me but...You know what I mean right?

Patton: Yes, I do.

Patton: How's Disney without me?

Logan: It's pretty good. The Tower of Terror has been the bet part so far

Patton shook his head and crinkled his nose in distaste.

Patton: I can't do that one, it scares me too much

Logan: Noted..You know, we should do something together some time soon..Just the two of us

Patton's jaw  dropped as he carefully thought about what he was going to say next. I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way, he thought as he sent the message.

Patton: Like..Like a date?

Logan: I'm sorry if you don't want to and I made this awkward but yes. I was thinking a date

Patton smiled so wide he laughed as he felt his cheeks warm up.

Patton: I would loooooove to go on a date with you Lo! How about next week, when you've had a couple days to rest, we can go to the ice cream place after I get off of work?

Logan: Thank God

Logan: And yes, that sounds perfect Patton. I didn't know you had a job

Patton: Oh yeah! I work at the market..Not much fun, but I get to talk to people and help them which makes me feel really good

Logan: Of course you're in costumer service, you're pretty much made for it

Logan: Beautiful smile, charming laugh, kind appearance, hard working and willing to help anyone...Perfect

Patton's cheeks grew hotter as he read and re-read the compliment.

Patton: Thank you Logan

Logan: No problem. Just telling the truth

Patton re-read the text again and sighed with contentment. Logan actually did like him and he was so happy to finally have their feelings out in the open instead of awkwardly repressed.

Logan: I'm sorry, I have to go. The firework show is about to start

Patton: It's all good!! Have sooo much fun!!

The three dots appeared for a while as if Logan was now the one carefully choosing his words.

Logan: I'll be missing you

Patton: I'll be missing you too

AN: hey guys! sorry it's so short. i'm trying to write more often and kinda wanted a filler story before part 3 of Escape. it'll be done soon though, don't worry. i hope y'all enjoyed the fluff! have an amazing whatever time of day/night it is where you are!

-Talented_trash